• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it. Sorry about that.

Either we don't share the same sense of humor, or that was being passive-aggressive. Either way, have a good day.(y)

Looks like whatever the unrevealed merch of "extreme interest" that pokeshopper was talking about, might actually allude to generation 7 not being over

Ok, yeah... after posting something like that, I better not be seeing him making complaints against people for taking his posts out of context.

Yas. YAS. BEGONE WITH THE TRADE EVOLUTIONS. I like to headcanon that trade evolutions happen due to the certain pokemon that evolve in that fashion being affected by the process of travelling through the machines. They could do something like have them level up next to a new Electric Type pokemon in the party that has some kind of new ability. That way all trade evolutions could be taken care of, even pokemon that have to hold an item.

Trade evolutions have ALWAYS bothered me. I don't wanna train someone else's evolved Machoke. I want the Machoke *I* raised and shouldn't have to trade to someone and then trade back to have my pokemon reach its full potential. It feels like "Hi little Machop. OvO I'm only keeping you until you evolve and then I'm tossing you off for someone else's Machoke! I NEED A MACHAMP AND YOU CAN'T BE IT."

I've had an idea for a while, which is a Machine that you could find somewhere, maybe the Pokémon Centres, that would allow you to change to Pokéball you keep Pokémon in, so say I could take a Clamperl I caught in an Ultra Ball and put it in a Dive or Net Ball, just because, which would destroy the Poké Ball to prevent the player from repeatedly catching Pokémon with a Master Ball or soemthing, and if the Pokémon Evolves via Trade, the Evolution takes place, which would also allow people who have no one to trade with to evolve certain Pokémon, but it doesn't remove the necessity of Trading as it doesn't allow for access to Version Exclusive Pokémon and the only Trade to Evolve Pokémom I can think of right now, which I'm pretty sure are the only ones, that it wouldn't be able to evolve would be Shelmet and Karrablast due to their Evolution essentially being the only Exchange to Evolve.

they have the exact same artstyle
True, there's more than just the fire-snake that shares the too-sharp shading lines, including the giraffe's original Zebroot file. The time stamp may not be accurate, but the art style is pretty damning and still doesn't match Sugimori artwork any more than it did without a known artist.

Gen7 got rid of gyms, gave us our first female and Pokémon main series villains and introduced new Pokémon mid gen.
These are all false equivalencies. While it's true that these examples did not follow a pattern, they all continued to contribute to the game in an equal or greater way than what they replaced.
  • While gyms were absent in Gen 7, they still included trials as a way for players to progress through challenges.
  • The gender of the main villains wasn't relevant to their plot at all-having a female villain wasn't removing anything from the plot.
  • Adding Pokemon mid-generation give us more Pokemon than we had before.
The question isn't whether Game Freak would break a pattern-it's whether they would remove something without a suitable replacement. Making only one version instead of two has no contribution to replace what it removes. Even if version differences have been small in most games, they've still encouraged trade in version-exclusives.

Aren't those confirmed fake? All those arts are awful no offense to the artist but they look nothing like pokemon

For there being one version instead of two, I think this "not finished with Gen 7" speculation that certain people on Twitter are teasing might have something to do with it. It's not like we haven't had singular games at the end of a Generation before. We might be looking at a Crystal situation, but instead of going back to Alola we would obviously be going elsewhere. I'm thinking of a follow-up to RR Giovanni still at large and an obvious threat that was so blatantly teased that it ain't even funny. Whether that means going back to Kanto to curb-stomp his ass or doing it elsewhere remains to be seen. But I find it awfully strange that the same Twitter person in question has stated they're investigating Kanto-related merch as we speak.

This guy isn't a leaker but his theories are interesting. He is in contact with Japanese riddler, but won't leak the riddles until game details are announced to verify the reliability.

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/983456643269701633?s=19

686bf45f96ce06af9dd5324453868273.jpg

I'm seeing people saying gen 8 won't come out this year, why are they changing their mind?
What exactly are the things that point gen 8 to be a 2018 release at the moment? aside from the documents

This really feels like one of those things that only makes sense if you go into it looking to prove a theory. Why single out the White Phase of Alchemy amidst every other instance of sun/moon symbolism in other mythologies and religions? It doesn't even really fit-Solgaleo and Lunala had barely any interaction with each other. And, according to this site, they're supposed to represent the elements of Fire and Water (makes sense, the sun is extremely hot and the moon affects tides), so if alchemy was really a factor in the design of Gen 7, why is the Water type completely irrelevant to Lunala? It doesn't even learn Rain Dance...

The Giraffe/Snake/Tapir was confirmed fake leak sometime ago as THIS was found (made back in 2012).

001- GRASS STARTER (More info coming soon)
I say; stellar detective work, Legolas! Between this revelation, and Oriden's professionalized artist's evaluation from earlier, the trio in question's legitimacy is far more pear shaped than ever before! With enough patience, tolerance and the power of ever vigilance, fine forum communities such as this can civilly bear the terrible burden of this mountainous hearsay, all the while fostering a healthy dialogue in the greater name of Pokémon pondering! Pity, though; many of these sorts of illegitimate concept arts have a habit of burgeoning into our hearts, though they're still no less lacking in quality! Enjoyable art will always be enjoyable, after all.

With an open mind, all of these charming little "leaks" could serve to engender a grander scheme, if you will; and that is of possibility. Possibility is all with which we are equipped, at present time. Let's make the most of it! :D

I'm seeing people saying gen 8 won't come out this year, why are they changing their mind?
What exactly are the things that point gen 8 to be a 2018 release at the moment? aside from the documents
Surely, those of outstanding insight into the inner machinations of Pokémon marketing may be at a greater advantage in propagating a suitable response; but, from what I've gathered, it may not be so much a matter of "why is it releasing in 2018", as it may be "why isn't it releasing in 2018". Apart from an impressive deal of speculation and possibly leaked information, (sadly) the switch game's development and possible release window of "2018-2019" is our sole foundation from which our conclusions can be drawn. However...

a) something akin to 3 years of development time has, historically, lead to a new generation, meaning 2019,and so...
b) generation 7 has existed for roughly 2(?) years? Too soon, in the opinions of many, although...
c) with the official liberation of Zeraora, generation 7 seems to be drawing to a close. Meaning...
d) generation 8 could be the next logical step in the franchise. With a...
e) switch pokemon game announced almost a year ago, with a possible release date of 2018, some conclude that...
f) generation 8 may be nearer than we had previously thought possible. However...
g) with no concrete confirmation of a 2018 release, and no information regarding the title in question...
h) newly discussed alternatives to satisfy a possible 2018 release also seem somewhat logical, because...
i) what could be considered "credible sources", with somewhat proven track records, have alluded to...
j) a generation 1 overhaul, another 7th generation entry, or a completely unrelated side title. Remember, though...
k) time still exists, according to many, which is well enough to reveal a new generation, and fully furnish it by December.

Well; despite any or all of that, in actuality we're more than likely still residing at square one. Oh, but to reflect upon the possibilities which lie before us! A belligerent buffet, to be sure, but of who's savory flavors are ours for the sampling! Which one smacks of a taste that's true? Only time will tell! :)

Plus nobody really liked seasons back in Unova. They were a pain in the ass and Autumn in particular just made everything look as ugly as Giratina.

I have mixed feelings on seasons.

On one hand, I love seasons. They provide variety and realism to the overworld/nature. Seasons have tons of potential to be fun and provide a lot of fun variations of Pokemon, evolutions, etc.

BUT changing the seasons monthly really didn't work for me. It was too damn long. Want to get into a season specific area, item, or get a season specific appearance rate? Wait a month or more. It was insane.

So, alternatively, I have two potential solutions:
1. Design the region such that it is split into 4 sub-regions, each of which has a permanent season. Or,
2. Change seasons weekly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom