• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that Fire starter doesn't look very marketable with half its body submerged.

=/ Art style errors, though. The shading is too sharp compared to Sugimori artwork.

No disrespect, but the body being partially submerged and the barely-noticeable difference in shading isn't going to change my position. To be clear, I'm not saying those are real. I'm just giving it a fair chance because of there being nobody coming forward to claim these after months of circulating the Internet when most of the others have been officially debunked.

While it's true that Gen 7 broke a number of patterns, I think it's safe to say that spinoff games from several years ago made by a different group are not a good indicator of what Game Freak will do in the future.

Wasn't that because the Switch can store even more save files? Change doesn't happen just to shake things up, there's usually reason behind it.
Indeed; they weren't developed by our beloved Pokemon propagating prodigies, and yet, for the sake of discussion and hypotheses, perhaps we could truly begin to envision a generation in which only one version could exist. Unlikely, yes; but none the less, not overly significant an impossibility! Perhaps also, in such a situation, this our Pokemon Company may well have to seriously consider including multiple saving files for their switch debut.

No disrespect, but the body being partially submerged and the barely-noticeable difference in shading isn't going to change my position. To be clear, I'm not saying those are real. I'm just giving it a fair chance because of there being nobody coming forward to claim these after months of circulating the Internet when most of the others have been officially debunked.
They're fake. There is no way two separate images of the fire snake starter, one with a longer body, and one with a shorter one, would leak. Cmon guys.. let's just think about it for a second.. Leaks are rare, but two different versions of the same Pokémon leaking.. what are the chances..

I did it. Sorry about that.

If trading is not going to be an issue, I want EVERYTHING associated to trading gone. If you really must, make another mechanic for evolving former trade evos.

They're fake. There is no way two separate images of the fire snake starter, one with a longer body, and one with a shorter one, would leak. Cmon guys.. let's just think about it for a second.. Leaks are rare, but two different versions of the same Pokémon leaking.. what are the chances..
Why, "slim", of course! ^_^ However, I for one induldge to consider the slim possibilty that they could, in fact, be "innocent until proven otherwise"! After all, what fun is there to be had in rushing to convince the world that they are falsehood? No one is declaring them real, and shouldn't be tempted to do so in lou of evidence.

I could actually see it being done sooner as, if you think about it... they're actually the next in line for remakes.
Wouldn’t the next in line be Sinnoh? Say around 2020 (yes I’m part of the group that thinks gen8 it will be 2019 release) with Unova around 2027 and so on?

Wouldn’t the next in line be Sinnoh? Say around 2020 (yes I’m part of the group that thinks gen8 it will be 2019 release) with Unova around 2027 and so on?
Also I am part of the group that thinks the next game is Gen8 and not a Kanto/Johto remake or reboot...

But two different finalized drawings of a Starter with different lengths, leaked online.. no way
Wouldn't it just be wild? A true treat for the unlikely! A safari into the darkest recesses of the unimaginable! A stunning display of the most often preposterus! Yes; as shockingly illogical as it may stand now, let those who would dream it: dream!

You would think so but in terms of age, the Kanto remakes are actually older than the original Sinnoh games. It was Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen, and then Diamond/Pearl.

Wouldn't it just be wild? A true treat for the unlikely! A safari into the darkest recesses of the unimaginable! A stunning display of the most often preposterus! Yes; as shockingly illogical as it may stand now, let those who would dream it: dream!
You are quite the funny fellow. XD

Just because some patterns have been broken does not mean that every pattern will be broken.
Gen7 got rid of gyms, gave us our first female and Pokémon main series villains and introduced new Pokémon mid gen.

Fair enough. You'd be wise to wake up before it turns into a nightmare.

Fair enough. I'm just an artist, so I find the art style difference very noticeable and enough for me to dismiss it, personally. =3

Looks like whatever the unrevealed merch of "extreme interest" that pokeshopper was talking about, might actually allude to generation 7 not being over

Attachments

• lmaoooo.PNG
    lmaoooo.PNG
    422.3 KB · Views: 111
Fair enough. I'm just an artist, so I find the art style difference very noticeable and enough for me to dismiss it, personally. =3
When we each share our unique perspectives in relation to every specualtion offered, we'll always come to a better understanding; the delicate balance between our expectations, our desires, our intuition, and the eventual product that will ultimately emerge from all of the beautiful chaos!
Yeah, I've been thinking for a while that "Gen 7.5" or just "Gen 7 on Switch" is still likely.
I don't know, we should be open-minded to everything at this point.
Most definitely, Plubio! A "pokemon game for the switch" leaves adequate elbow room for the unknown. :)

Editation: My sincerest apologies for quoting improperly!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom