• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what they will do about Yellow Post game. Kanto had no postgame outside of mewtwo. I wonder if we will get a cool battle facilities or something similar.
Johto or bust. I hope they don't just offer an epilogue that retreads previously visited locations.

Battle facilities other than a Tower clone (and maybe a Factory one) aren't Game Freak's cup of tea anymore.

I hope they keep the gym leaders mostly the same, but in a different order.

Maybe - (Pallet), Viridian, Pewter, Cinnabar, Fuschia, Celadon, (Lavender), Cerulean, Saffron, Vermillion

There was supposed to be a Bug leader in the beta for R/B, so that's Viridian.
Next is Brock, some sort of plot happens here to introduce Team Rocket, maybe they raid the museum, steal fossils.
You get a fossil as a reward, this takes you to Cinnabar. Maybe Blaine is researcher just like Oak, so he knows about fossils. Blaine battles you.
3 badges in, you get Surf. Surf to Fuschia, Team Rocket again, poaching Safari Pokemon. Beat Koga. Some sort of Pokeride feature to get to Cerulean.
Rocket Game Corner thing, Lavender tower thing. Rock Tunnel to Cerulean.
Silph Co thing
Then some sort of SS Anne take over situation. The cruise travels whilst you beat Team Rocket, crash landing near Pallet town. Beat Giovanni in Viridian city when he tries to escape.

E4 - Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Gary Motherfucking Oak

Post Game - Sinnoh's Battle Frontier project has started!

So I guess this means (since the usum team had switches on their desks) that the usum team could be working on the kanto games while the older team is working on gen 8

If we're looking at a future Kanto here, I'm interested to see if we get a reworked RR or if we get an entire new criminal group. By a "reworked" RR, I'm talking about keeping Giovanni and ditching the rest of the leaders in favor of either brand-new characters for Admins or the Admins from HGSS. I'm also hoping that we get some expansion to the north of Kanto and that the Sevii Islands are included. Alola was nice, but as far as islands go I've always had a soft spot for the Big 7. A Johto inclusion would be cool too, but if they don't do that then a Kanto expansion + Sevii Islands would suffice.

Raichu is actually my favorite Pokemon but I'm a freak for the Eeveelutions so that's where my vote's going ATM~

Anyway, I feel like I'm the only person who's hoping for ANY other post game besides Johto, like, literally anything~

So I guess this means (since the usum team had switches on their desks) that the usum team could be working on the kanto games while the older team is working on gen 8
Game Freak started working on these games before they finished USUM; they probably started around Go's launch. The Ohmori/Masuda interview was about the games announced by Ishihara, which are these ones. And:

“Of course we have a limited number of staff available to us, but we have a very varied staff within the company. We have younger staff members and also veterans who have been working on the series for a long time, very technically gifted staff members. We want to use these staff in the best way possible. For example this time with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon we can treat it mainly as a project for our younger staff to work on and grow and develop their skills, while perhaps the more veteran, established members of the company can work on the upcoming Switch project.”

I wonder if they'll turn this guy into Looker

Global_Police_agent.png

I've seen it speculated a few times over the years, and Looker has appeared in every game (except B2W2) since his debut.

A completely redesigned gym challenge would be wonderful. New gym leaders to replace the old faces.

Because realistically, after 20 years, why would there still be the same person running the Cinnabar gym for 20 years if they're already quite aged.

I can see Erika and Janine staying as gym leaders. Brock and Misty could be sent to the E4, Surge should have retired by now, along with Blaine, Sabrina is an actress now, and I'm sure Blue is traveling the world, evidenced by his 30 year old self being present in Alola.

What if other gym leaders from other regions took over? Or, like in B2W2, there are new gym leaders in new towns in Kanto? In the anime, there are never just 8 gyms in each region, but 8 main gyms most trainers challenge.

I‘m picking eevee too, used alola raichu in sumo and ash hat pikachu in usum, so had enough of pikachu family for the time being. I really hope eevee gets a new evolution.

Johto or bust. I hope they don't just offer an epilogue that retreads previously visited locations.

Battle facilities other than a Tower clone (and maybe a Factory one) aren't Game Freak's cup of tea anymore.

The tower clones are my fav of all battle facilities so I’m ok with this

The others are meh to me.

I wouldn't assume that Red and Blue are 30, although I guess they could be. In SM/USUM they seem to be in their early 20s.

KiranTheWitch said:
Surge should have retired by now
The Kantonian gym and his autograph seem like foreshadowing of his return as a gym leader to me. He wasn't that old.

What if other gym leaders from other regions took over?
One for novelty would be fine. Otherwise it would feel off.

Or, like in B2W2, there are new gym leaders in new towns in Kanto?
That could very well happen.

Well, I'll almost certainly be going with Eevee as the version I'll be getting. I just hope that it won't be like Pokémon Yellow's Pikachu in which it refuses to evolve. Because that's pretty much the point of getting an Eevee IMO.

But sweet mother of Arceus, I'm almost tempted to say neither just because of how awful those version names are.

What's next, Rock 'n Rollercoaster at Disneyworld getting renamed to "Taylor Swift: The Ride"?

Last edited:
It's only been 10 years, not 20 years. So yeah Red and Blue would be in their 20's.

We don't know how long it's been because of Game Freak's refusal to reveal the gap between GS/DP and BW. The confirmed gaps bring us to 7 years (3+2+2), and other than that we can only rely on Caitlin's appearance. If the GS-BW gap is 6 years and the new games take place two years after SM (as in real life), then we get a total of 15 years, making Red and Blue 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom