• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia! - Endgame (7/19/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 - Surrounded

Day 1 - Surrounded

My eyes flicker open. I glance around inside the dimly lit airship bridge, recalling what had occurred before I blacked out. Braixen quietly snores, still buckled into her seat, and still with the shiny Victini tightly wrapped in her arms. As I undo my own seat belt, I notice that the broken windshield is covered by a slowly billowing, semi-translucent fabric of sorts letting minimal sunlight stream into the airship. I climb out of my seat, gently pry the shiny Victini out of Braixen’s grasp, and return the snoozing Fox Pokémon to her Pokéball. I’m surprised no one’s come for Victini yet... I think.
Pushing the large fabric out of my way, I climb out of the Metapod airship through the windshield and slide down to the ground with Victini in one arm. I step under the giant fabric concealing my vehicle and out into the morning sun. From the outside, I can see that my airship had slid into a large, striped tent. Not too far from the tent, I notice what appears to be another large, metallic Metapod laying on its side upon the dusty ground. I walk up to it and see that it was part of a carnival ride, having been suspended like a swing from a large metal frame which now sits beside it, warped and rusted. The door to this Metapod gondola seems to have been deliberately yanked off, and numerous markings in the gondola’s lime green paint suggest it was done by something with sharp, pointed claws — like those of a Genesect. “Well, that was a lucky break,” I sigh, realizing that the Genesect must have mistakenly searched the defunct carnival ride for Victini, but overlooked the actual Metapod airship. I carry the shiny Victini with me as I begin to check out my surroundings.
In the direction from which I first approached the island is a harbor of sorts. In the opposite direction, a tall fence and wide gate block off what seems to be a whole amusement park taking up most of the island. I walk over to the gate. The faded letters on the sign above the gate spell out a broken but still mostly legible message: “Poké_irth Isl_nd! A fun-__lled par_dise!” I rattle the weathered metal gate, but it holds tight despite its well worn appearance. I reach for a Pokéball with one hand, and send out my Dhelmise. “Dhelmise, break it with Anchor Shot!” I order. My Sea Creeper Pokémon gurgles affirmatively, then launches his anchor at the gate, busting it down with ease. I carefully step over the fallen gate as Dhelmise rattles it by retracting his chain.
Dhelmise, the shiny Victini, and I all look around at the various booths, buildings, and rides in the amusement park. The rides mostly appear to have held together surprisingly well with age. Among others, I notice a Greninja-themed Ferris wheel named the “Super Shuriken,” an incredibly lengthy and winding Rayquaza roller coaster, a lofty drop tower modeled after Alolan Exeggutor, and a large tilting swing tower in the shape of a Shiinotic. I even spy such facilities as an arcade, mini golf course, and water park area scattered throughout the island.
My marveling is cut short when I hear the sound of a helicopter approaching. Dhelmise and I turn around and look to the sky, where a helicopter emblazoned with the letters “BMC” is flying towards the island with two figures visible inside. I quickly return Dhelmise and dart off through the amusement park. However, to my dismay, another helicopter is approaching from the opposite direction, this one labeled “Boarder Patrol.” A familiar official with a robotic arm holds up a megaphone and calls out through it, clearly facing me. “Relinquish the Victini to ME this instant, or prepare to face merciless enforcement!” his voice reverberates. In a less than compliant manner, I turn again and run deeper into the amusement park with the shiny Victini snug in my arms.
A large shadow suddenly matches my path along the concrete, accompanied by the deafening roar of rocket thrusters, finally overtaking me. I skid to a halt as a large Pokémon lands, looming in front of me: a UB-04 Blaster, otherwise known as Celesteela. The silhouettes of three human riders can be seen clinging to the Celesteela, and the largest of the figures (barring Celesteela itself) slides down to the ground and begins walking towards me. “There you are, airship freak,” spits the portly man. “How about you make this easy and hand over Victini now?”
I back away uneasily. Now what?

———

Players, it is now Day 1! The phase will end in 48 hours, at which time votes will lock (whether or not the update is right on time).

I'm an Independent Survivor and need to make it to Endgame to win.

Why have I claimed? Because there's no way in hell I'm going to make it to Endgame alive. If I'm too quiet, I get suspected to be a PR and maybe get nightkilled, if I'm too loud, same thing. If I'm on the middle ground or I am a little quiet, I might be thought of as Mafia and thus get some votes that may get me lynched. Both teams benefit from my claim in that the Mafia will not waste an NK/RBlock/RCop/etc. on them and neither will Town waste a lynch or PR on me. That said, I know that Indepentent = Serial Killer/Cult but I'm neither of those, and if the fear of me being either of them is fear enough to get me lynched, then so be it, because I seriously doubt I would have been able to win either way like I already explained. It's your call if it nets you a safe lynch this Day Phase.

@MegaPod I didn't get pinged for some reason.

Wow this game got serious quick. HD's claim can be checked pretty easily if we have an alignment cop out there so I'll trust it for now. Ditto for Pika's miller claim since that's normal course of action for millers.

I'm an Independent Survivor and need to make it to Endgame to win.

Why have I claimed? Because there's no way in hell I'm going to make it to Endgame alive. If I'm too quiet, I get suspected to be a PR and maybe get nightkilled, if I'm too loud, same thing. If I'm on the middle ground or I am a little quiet, I might be thought of as Mafia and thus get some votes that may get me lynched. Both teams benefit from my claim in that the Mafia will not waste an NK/RBlock/RCop/etc. on them and neither will Town waste a lynch or PR on me. That said, I know that Indepentent = Serial Killer/Cult but I'm neither of those, and if the fear of me being either of them is fear enough to get me lynched, then so be it, because I seriously doubt I would have been able to win either way like I already explained. It's your call if it nets you a safe lynch this Day Phase.
There is our player 13, indep for sure, unless indep cc, not sure about the role though.

Let’s try this again, then.

Did it work?
Not sure about last time but yes it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom