• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia YOU Mafia - Endgame (Intense Mess, Entities and Wickedness Enabled) - MAFIA AND INFO SEARCHER WIN

When would you like the game to start?

• As soon as possible

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Early September

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mid September

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Late September

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
I think this game can be summarized this way at the moment:

Elementar: The game might be slightly bastard.
Players: Hmm... Not good enough! *makes the game extremely bastard*
Elementar: WTF

I'm pretty disappointed that we lynched my conversion target, but there's not likely to be any other dangerous independents I think, so I'm just glad I was able to use it.

To be honest I wasn't totally convinced about The Light actually accepting the conversion so I can't say I would've changed my vote even had I been online, but at least this does confirm that the psychologist role claim of jd's was legit. Not sure I've ever actually seen a psychologist in TWR, much less one actually successfully turn someone into town, so that's something at least lol.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I think it's just as plausible for you to be scum as it is for you to be town.
How would a conversion target being scum work though? I agree there's always the chance that MP could've been scum initially and have reverted back or something, but if he was scum - unless there was some restriction in place or he was that role that's mafia but disconnected from a scum chat - couldn't he have given out the name of his scumbuddies or at least one to gain some trust, like claim he learned it from some fakeclaim ability? I've just never seen mafia be converted before, so I'm leaning toward MP being either town (or some kind of inherited cult leader if that's possible, I'm gonna have to reread things more closely because frankly the whole conversion thing is still confusing to me). That said, you do have a point about nothing in The Light's role PM mentioning his convertees being turned back to whatever they were.

Considering I’m the only living remnant and I’ve been re-converted to Town, the biggest threat it poses is me not getting off my ass and rereading to find something suspicious.
So you did in fact change alignment from town to cult, but now you're back to town? When I read up on cults near the beginning of this game, I gathered that if a cult leader tries to recruit scum, the leader dies. Therefore, I'd be *really* hesitant to call MP scum at this point. In my mind, the fact that The Light recruited him is strong evidence that he was town before being recruited. Whether he's town again is something I'm not sure of, but he's looking like a low-priority lynch at this point since he's either town or a known lone cultist, very likely without the power to recruit. Someone we can fall back on if we really have no better targets.
Lone, Pod, we are on the same wavelength regarding The Light. I wouldn't have voted him or pressured him this night if I didn't think he was scummy. I'm just trying to think of his actions from his point of view. You guys are twisting my words a bit and I don't like that.

I have a full reads list in the making, but I have to stop doing it now to do schoolwork. Might come back to it later this evening, maybe not. Maybe I'll just use it as notes in the future if I get too far behind within the next day.
Have you been able to compile a list?

I agree jd seems pretty townie now, by virtue of his role. Max and Ereshkigal still are the highest on my town reads. Seth is a nullread, and MP, I'd guess is either a harmless unaligned indie, or town. Definitely not scum.

Not sure I've ever actually seen a psychologist in TWR, much less one actually successfully turn someone into town, so that's something at least lol.
I haven't either, although to be fair I'm not a normal Psychologist role, which is used to convert Serial Killers into town. Mine lets me target any independent, so that made much more useful, especially once The Light claimed independent.

Day 4 - Annihilated
Day 4 - Annihilated

These notes are quite remarkable. I’ve never seen something so close to creating an efficient antimatter weapon. Still, this picogram would have cost millions to make…

“Piko, focus.”

“Oh, right. Sorry.” The moderator had been hired by his F&G counterparts to rummage through Elementar’s notes and find anything of worth related to the Amplifier. He was scurrying around like an excited puppy, clearly in his element and enjoyed every science-related item in the room. “Aha! Got something.” He motioned LG over and showed him his findings. “This must have been his original blueprint, because it’s only got one chamber for the Amplifying energy. This one here appears to be later, because it’s also got the reversal chamber. Do we have any of the reversal energy he was working on?”

LG shook his head. “We’ve been otherwise occupied. How would it help anyway? It seemed to be just an even stronger Amplifying agent on Elementar.”

Piko giggled. “Then it probably means he’s close. All he had to do was reverse the effect. There are a few ways to do that, and I could try a few of them.”

“Alright. So we need to find some for you?”

“That would be appreciated.” He clapped his hands together at the thought of being able to work with energy and particles. “Also, do you mind if I just look in here for a little bit longer? I’ll let you know if I find anything.”

LG nodded and walked out the room. Piko waited until the mod was gone for a few seconds before scampering to the vacuum tube Elementar held the antimatter in. “Even this vacuum technology is amazing… Creating an easily portable vacuum… It’s almost like a grenade…” He slipped it into his coat and left the room, hugging the right side of the jacket to his chest and casually walking through the section.

Piko had returned to his lab by the end of the day, and was working late into the night to uncover the mysteries of the reversing energy.

“Maybe they could act like zwitterions and have charges on both ends? Or I could put them in an acidic or basic solution depending on what net charge I need…” He stopped muttering to himself when he heard a test tube smash behind him; the piercing sound slicing through the calm atmosphere of the laboratory. “Who’s there?” He heard another test tube crash to the ground at the opposite end of the large laboratory. Piko turned to face the location of the noise, fumbling behind him to grasp the vacuum tube containing the antimatter. “I’ll take us both down if you don’t show yourself.”

A shadowy figure slipped across the room, with their arms dangling behind them like a Naruto run. The figure ran halfway up the wall and leapt off, doing a backflip across Pikochu’s head and landing just shy of the short wall. Pikochu threw the container from his hand with force, trying to break it against the wall behind the figure. But the figure was too fast, and leapt up to catch the tube before it could crack against the cement wall.

“Look, let’s not get to irrational now shall we?” the figure’s distorted voice said. “We’re all affected by the Amplification process aren’t we? Don’t you want to help everyone?” The shadowy body spun the tube on their pointer finger, much to the dread of a nervous Pikochu, who reached out desperately to try and clasp the tube from the figure'’ hands. “Tsk tsk. Not yet. You see, if you don’t help us with what we want, we’re going to use this and create far more damage than what’s already been done. Now, you don’t want that do you?”

Piko shook his head frantically, gulping anxiously.

“Now, why don’t you follow me, and I promise, we’ll reverse everyone. How does that sound?” Despite the sinister nature of the voice, Piko nodded and began to follow the shadow out of the room. However, about 10 metres from the door, Piko cloaked his hand in the right about of electricity needed to paralyse the figure, and lurched forward to connect with the figures shoulder. Anticipating the fraudulent nature of Piko’s surrender, the figure dashed quickly to the left then behind Piko, slamming a knockout dart into the scientist’s arm. “You had to do it the hard way, didn’t you? In any case, we’ll make sure you comply… Your brains and electricity will be put to very good use.” The figure hauled Piko’s unconscious body over their shoulder, carrying him into the darkness of the old hallways with the antimatter stashed into their pocket.

Pikochu was killed. They were...

Dear Pikochu.

You are a moderator of Bulbagarden, but also a regular in The War Room. You like scientifically based games, such as games based on the Periodic Table or Chemical Compounds. You are in the Silicon Valley are very skilled in science.

One of your other game ideas was Particle Mafia. Because of your knowledge of elementary particles, you are the Amplified’s Annihilator. Each night, you choose a target. You are an electron, and if you target another normal electron (another Amplified member or non-Intensified member), nothing will happen. However, if you target a positron (anti-electron; an Intensified member), you will both collide and undergo annihilation, where both of you will die. You can do this by replying to this PM with Collide With: [PLAYER].

You are aligned with the Amplified, and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

Pikochu was killed. They were aligned with the Amplified and were their Annihilator.

It is now Day 4. The phase will end in 48 hours on Wednesday the 3rd of October at 9pm AEST or 4am PDT.

@Pikochu are you able to sub in?

Last edited:
So, uh... We had a suicide bomber on our side? Are we certain the Amplified are the good guys?

Considering nothing else has happened, I wanted to vote Feenie based on my reads list but they are inactive and most probably are on the verge of being subbed out. All the members of the Mafia cannot be inactive, but I don't really understand which active member is more likely to be scum.

Does anyone have any new information? Did anyone try verifying CO's Nexus claim?

I can't remember how to do this for the life of me, but how do we see a single players' posts from a mafia game? Or am I living in the past so much that it was only an option before the forum switched to Xenforo? Because that would be really helpful right now.

Anyway, yeah, there are several players that could be the ones needing subs, so I'm not sure who is legitimately being subbed out or who is just playing quiet on purpose.

@TheCapsFan
Do you still find NightWing suspicious? I tried skimming through things again up to a point and honestly NightWing's posts in about the D1-N2 range looked solid to me. The lack of a vote isn't so good, but the actual content seems to have a genuine feel to wanting to understand things happening that town should have.

@Space
You were present last day phase but never ended up voting. Was your only vote so far the one on jd back in D2 I think? You mention that jd's outing as psychiatrist was a little too coincidental given the situation with The Light in this post, but you never ended up voting either of them even though your post seems to imply it seemed suspicious if I'm reading it correctly, or anyone else at all on D3.
Seth Rollins said:
Why is The Light getting lynched?!
What was so wild about The Light being voted? When he had even admitted that he was a cult leader and all we had was his word that he accepted the conversion to become town since jd claimed he was only a "weak" psychiatrist? That late vote on NightWing also seemed pretty sheepy off of TheCapsFan.

Back
Top Bottom