• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think "winter release" is more in reference to the shopping season rather than the literal date.

From what I could tell, December 22nd is just the date that Winter Solstice began in Japan in 2018, not Winter itself. One Google search did say that it was just winter, and not the solstice, however, I could not corroborate that with any other source at all, so I believe it to be a mistake. From what I could tell, Winter starts in japan around 7-8th November, although I saw some sources simply state December in general (implying the beginning of December). If November is the correct month, then it is possible that these games could release in November or December, and November does make sense to me given the trend over the last few years.

:unsure: I see, and yeah, I used google, but I also don't remember the other games being announced as "winter release".

I hope the "forge a path to greatness" line in big bold letters on the website is alluding to the idea that we may be able to take on some of the gyms in any order. The game wont be truly open world but flexibility in how we can tackle the region and less handholding would be a god-send

I lost interest after the part where Grookey's final evo is Grass/Fighting (worst mix ever) and Charizard & Mewtwo get armored forms :rolleyes:. Some of it seems like it could be legit but I'm not going to accept anything for truth until I actually play the gams.

I wonder if Sobble's final evo ends up being similar to the Loch Ness monster? yes I already know Lapras is based on it but hey anything can happen.

I lost interest after the part where Grookey's final evo is Grass/Fighting (worst mix ever) and Charizard & Mewtwo get armored forms :rolleyes:. Some of it seems like it could be legit but I'm not going to accept anything for truth until I actually play the gams.

I wonder if Sobble's final evo ends up being similar to the Loch Ness monster? yes I already know Lapras is based on it but hey anything can happen.
Knowing GF sobble will probably be some athletic olympic swimming lizard

Still rooting for a dragon for Sobble- I would go with Nessie, but I'd rather it didn't lose its hands and feet like Snivy did.

I have a feeling that Sobble's evolution path is going to represent it growing up from a crybaby to being tough and confident.

I also like to believe that Scorbunny could also have a "growing up" theme, going from a rascal or tomboy to a more mature form... like a princess, to keep with the medieval theme and get as far away from Fire/Fighting as possible. >.> Become the beautiful 87.5% male princess that I know you can be, Scorbunny. I believe in you.

Edit: Oh, plus it could be way more impressive if a Nessie pokemon was part of a scripted encounter.

I hope that Sobble becomes confident for it's fully evolved form Dragon, Ghost, Poison and Psychic seem like good possibilities for its final stage; for Scorbunny has a bit of electric vibe going for it; I can see it's evolution path going from Bunny to Rabbit to Hare; maturing as @Oriden but... more manlier.

Grookey I think will become fighting, ground, rock or dark.

random guesses:

bunny: lightning speed! - electric type
chameleon: becomes a draconic panther cham / loch ness monster - fire type
monkey: gains larger stone instruments - rock type

This gives them a backwards type counters when evolved. Doubling up on fire is awkward tho.

S/M was announced as "Coming Holiday 2016"... I think November is about as much holiday season as it is winter.

Yeah, I remember that. But I don't agree that it's the same thing tho. It is common to see "holiday release" games being released in November, but I do not remember any games being announced as "winter release" and being released in November.

I wonder if we gonna get any news about the game before may.
XY had Sylveon&Mewtwo form, we even had the actual legendaries
it's kinda a weird spot rn

I saw this really neat piece fan design of a Grookey evolution

I'm not the biggest fan of the design, but I really like the idea of it, and it kind of fits to this idea that others have been having on here where each of the starters matures as they evolve. Scorbunny goes from being super energetic and out of control to more calm and collected, Sobble goes from being super anxious and timid to being more confident, and Grookey could go from being curious and mischievous to knowing and wise, and gain the psychic typing. I really love this idea for the starters and I think this fan design represents it pretty well. I would love to see the final evo of Grookey become something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom