• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be fair. Litten no longer spits up hairballs, Froakie lost it's bubbles, Snivy lost it's arms, Rowlet can't turn it's head around. It's not unusualt for pokemon to grow out of there animalistic traits.
True, although Litten is kind of the only real example of this- and I guess Tepig kind of is an example also, who lost the whole 'snorting fire' thing as a major characteristic? Snivy's arms were never its primary means of attack, Froakie actually does retain some of its bubbles (those circles on its knees and elbows are bubbles) and still uses projectiles it creates out of water to attack, and Rowlet's head turning around is more of a cute quirk than a battle-useful ability (shooting those feather-leaf darts was its attacking ability, which evolved into Decidueye's archery). I guess Sobble's invisibility could count as more of a cute quirky behavior to give it personality rather than anything it uses for combat, but the only other thing it has so far is spitting water from its mouth (and I guess climbing trees), which is less unique to it, so I'm expecting more from the invisibility thing I guess.

I don't know. I would expect the invisibility to be expanded upon. I don't expect the shyness to be kept or the sobbing (sob-ble). However i can't help but wonder if perhaps its last evolution will have something to do or have a reference to the phrase "crocodile tears". tears or expressions of sorrow that are insincere.
I honestly don't know what to expect to see from sobble to be honest. I just know I have the most confidence in him to be really cool.

I hope Sobble's invisibility to become a central part of his battle style, in its final evolution.

Doesn't the word patience mean anything in the fanbase? (excluding those that do have patience)
If you exclude everyone with patience, you end up with... all the people who don't have patience. I'm not sure what you're talking about, if we were patient, we probably wouldn't be checking back here every day?

That's the first evolution design for Sobble that's based on a knight that I've legitimately liked the look of- I would be bummed about the chameleon hands not ending up playing into it, but the final evolution looks pretty nice overall. Kudos to the artist- I should probably reverse image search it to figure out who's it is, since it isn't one that's trying to be passed off as a leak.
EDIT: found the artist!

I do kind of doubt they'll drop something as prominent as the 'turning invisible' ability Sobble has for the real final evolution though- if it doesn't show up as an ability that every member of the line shares, I'd expect it to be replaced by something thematically connected to invisibility or stealth at least.
People are saying they want sobble to have an ability to play in with invisibility but it's ability is torrent. Are you referring to hidden ability?

People are saying they want sobble to have an ability to play in with invisibility but it's ability is torrent. Are you referring to hidden ability?

Sorry, I forgot that it gets confusing when the word 'ability' is already tied to a specific thing in Pokemon. It could end up having something to do with it's hidden ability, or maybe its signature move (if it has one), or the sort of animations that play when it uses moves- we just know from the little animated introduction trailer that as a character, it has the ability to turn invisible, and I'm curious as to whether that will tie into any of the things it or its evolutions are capable of in game.

Doesn't the word patience mean anything in the fanbase? (excluding those that do have patience)
Considering how long we've been waiting for these games to begin with (roughly a bit more than a year and a half, before it was announced*), I believe that most people on this thread have been quite patient in that regard. That said, I do find it understandable how antsy everyone has been feeling due to lack of information. I feel that way myself, even - to some extent. I want to know more about the Pokémon of the region, how many Pokémon there are in the Galar Pokédex, and the Legendaries. Currently, that's the main thing I'm looking forward to and would like to know more about.

It would be wonderful to know more about the games, and despite the fact that we know we will get new information eventually (I say "we" because I'm certain everyone on this thread knows this), it's rather difficult to not feel antsy. Personally, I've anticipated for this game for quite some time, and would love to see more information on it soon.

The word "patience" does have meaning to the fanbase, indeed. However, when you anticipate for something for this long, it's quite hard to not feel excited about new information and/or want it as soon as possible, and that is my humble opinion.

Some say seprior might be influenced by a titan boa, a gigantic snake like Serperior is, and some point out part of Torterra's design resembles and ankylosaurus., despite it being a tortoise. Also the weapon theory is more subtle. It's more the weapon is intergrated into the design as an aethetic. The spikes on Feraligatr resemble spiked knuckles, Swamperts fins resemble war fans, and Primarina's lower half actually looks like a spiked club.

Hm, I guess for the Grass starters, though Titanoboa is a bit of a stretch since the only similarity is that Serperior is a big snake. I think the weapon connection is still a reach though since the raised scales on Feraligatr are on other parts of its body and the other two don't emphasize their tails for the connection to work. If they were used like Greninja's Shurikens then I'd agree, but as is it's nothing more then a design quirk.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic so I'll drop it.
To get onto another topic then. Someone came up with a near perfect visualization of how I want Sobble's evolution line to go

I won't lie, I'd completely go #TeamSobble for that design.

For those who were talking about the price of the switch earlier and being able to get the opposite version as whoever,

"Nintendo is looking to Switch things up with their popular gaming console, and they may opt to give consumers two very different options that will help them find the right system for both their playing habits and their wallets.
A report in The Wall Street Journal says Nintendo plans to release two new models of their Switch later this year. The first new version will be "targeted at avid videogamers" and will have "enhanced features." While there's no word on what those improved features could be, speculation is that it will include a new screen. However, it won’t be as powerful as the PlayStation 4 Pro or Xbox One X.
The second potential model would be a "cheaper" version "for casual gamers" that actually removes features from the current Switch, and as such would lower the price point. A source told the Wall Street Journal one feature expected to be cut with the new model is the Switch's vibration, "because there wouldn’t be many games released using the full benefit of it." That points to it also not having the removable Joy-Con controllers, which is why this cheaper option is also expected to double as Nintendo's replacement for their handheld 3DS, which first came to stores eight years ago.
The new consoles could be announced at this year's E3, which will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center this summer from June 11 to June 13. The new models are expected to arrive in stores a couple of months later. That could be as early as late summer or the start of fall, but the safest guess is they will be available before the holiday shopping season gets underway.
This double dose of new means you won't have to worry about which Switch to get for the special gamer on your shopping list, even if that special someone is you."

Nintendo May Release 2 New Versions of the Switch by Michael Walsh Mar 25 2019 -- 8:17 AM

I hope Sobble's invisibility to become a central part of his battle style, in its final evolution.
Well the other Chameleon pokemon we've had, Kecleon, also had the ability to turn invisible, but never made use of that in battle. I would guess it's hard to translate that into battle for the games.

I highly doubt we'll get two more versions of the switch. Especially when one version allegedly removes features.

Well the other Chameleon pokemon we've had, Kecleon, also had the ability to turn invisible, but never made use of that in battle. I would guess it's hard to translate that into battle for the games.
Well, Kecleon can learn Camouflage, so it can use its invisibility for battle.

I won't lie, I'd completely go #TeamSobble for that design.
Design is cool. But water/steel again? I know fire starters lovers would have something to say after fire/fighting three times in a row, but we have 18 types, Normal/Electric/Dragon/Ice/Bug/Rock weren't even used once, while we have Fightingx4, Groundx2, Darkx2, Fllyingx2, Poison/Steel/Psychic/Fairy/Ghost x1.
(Water/Steel will also probably mean 60 base speed again. Enough slow water starters, actually only one not being medium-slow).

These would be something cool and somehow fresh:

Grass/Rock would match Grookey music theme. (Only Lileep and Cradily line with these types)
Fire/Electric would fit Scorbunny speed. (Only a Rotom form with these types)
Water/Dragon would fit the weak to scary theme of Sobble. (Only Kindra and Palkia with these types)

"Rumour about Sword and Shield

The new pokémons of this region were based on the legends and native animals of Great britain, and MAINLY in the table RPG monsters.
the pokédex is organized looking like that of kalos (coastal Dex, central Dex.)
I will not tell you how many pokémon has in the Pokédex because you would hate me even more (but believe me, it will be moderate)

What about new Pokémon in Galar? here are some of them
A hedgehog, which can shoot flaming thorns (it has base stats similar to those of Darmanitan, its attack is high)
A sinister ghost armor that resembles a dullahan and is empty inside
An elf
A Leprechaun
We'll have another fox
A ferret
More than one regional bird
A Ground/Fighting Kangaroo
An ice/ghost (or fight) snowman , he is big as a Golurk
The pseudo-legendary of this region is a marine monster
The two new Eeveelutions are steel and dragon types (reference to knights vs dragons stories)

the Starter choice will be different, now it remembers Mystery Dungeon
The final evo of Grookey has a connection with music, it has feminine characteristics and is one of the rare monkeys of Great Britain
The final evo of Scorbunny has connection with the industrialization, it has thrusters in the feet, it seems a rocket (it remembers much the Iron Man)
The final evo of Sobble has a connection with the tactical forces, and the secret spies (I think the gamefreak wanted to make a reference to the 007)

Mega-Evolutions returned
Mega-Flygon, Mega-Milotic and Mega-Arcanine are coming (You will see many Arcanines in this region, noble families love them)
We will not yet have Mega-evolutions of Sinnoh's initials, they are reserving for the remakes of DPPT
Galar has its regional forms, Gogoat and Darmanitan have gained one (apparently they have gained the ice type, and can be found on that icepath of the trailer)
In the game your Pokémon follow you, not as in Let's GO, but as in HG / SS, and gamefreak decided to hide
"

I will not tell you how many pokémon has in the Pokédex because you would hate me even more (but believe me, it will be moderate)
I think I should just make it my signature. "Why would the entire dex of Galar be leaked this soon after the announcement? It's only been X!" (X now is "a little under a month")
A hedgehog, which can shoot flaming thorns (it has base stats similar to those of Darmanitan, its attack is high)
They know the base stats, but not the name?
The final evo of Grookey has a connection with music, it has feminine characteristics and is one of the rare monkeys of Great Britain
The final evo of Scorbunny has connection with the industrialization, it has thrusters in the feet, it seems a rocket (it remembers much the Iron Man)
The final evo of Sobble has a connection with the tactical forces, and the secret spies (I think the gamefreak wanted to make a reference to the 007)
Once again, an attempt to appeal to the cool/tough/feminine theory that only gets a feminine Grookey.
In the game your Pokémon follow you, not as in Let's GO, but as in HG / SS, and gamefreak decided to hide"
What's that supposed to mean? "They don't move uniquely, they just follow directly behind you?"

This Yu-Gi-Oh! card came to my mind when they mentioned a fire hedgehog:

Also, I hope we don't get a leprechaun Pokémon. It's one of the few mythological creatures that I really dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom