• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe as a fail safe should they ever want to reuse the item again for whatever reason. It still takes effort to write, and when all those minor changes add up it becomes a lot of work.
So why don't we ever see discarded code for the features associated with them? The Seal Bag is among these items-why isn't there any code for attaching seals? The Contest Ticket is in BW and XY-why isn't there any code for contests there? And what about plot items that were clearly irrelevant? Do you honestly think Game Freak considered bringing the Red Chain into games like XY and SuMo, where you can't even encounter the Lake Trio?

And, again, if this is so much work, why not cut the unnecessary items before cutting out Pokemon and items that are being actively included?

Not in Minnesota it's not!

And I assume that's not that unusual in parts of the UK either, where Galar is based on.

There are many places where that type of weather is very common, especially in certain seasons.
No, maybe you don't understand. The mc is walking and at some point in one second the weather changes (from rain to snow), then the mc immediatly goes back and the weather changes again (from snow to rain), like each area has its own weather.

Can someone post everything that the English speaking leaker posted? I want to examine his leaks but don't want to search through literally 150 pages

Can someone post everything that the English speaking leaker posted? I want to examine his leaks but don't want to search through literally 150 pages
this?

Attachments

• SWSHleak.png
    SWSHleak.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 55
So why don't we ever see discarded code for the features associated with them? The Seal Bag is among these items-why isn't there any code for attaching seals? The Contest Ticket is in BW and XY-why isn't there any code for contests there? And what about plot items that were clearly irrelevant? Do you honestly think Game Freak considered bringing the Red Chain into games like XY and SuMo, where you can't even encounter the Lake Trio?

And, again, if this is so much work, why not cut the unnecessary items before cutting out Pokemon and items that are being actively included?
Again this is for a fail safe, just in case of a very rare chance if they wanted to do an event with that item. I can't answer the rest since only GF knows why they keep the leftover key items, Fail safe or not.

Since we just got a dark/fairy imp pokemon, do you all think we will get any other myth inspired fae pokemon ( preferably more mischievous in origin), like a Will-o Wisp fire/fairy pokemon?
Fairy has always been kind of myth inspired, though. A lot of them are based on actual fae and are quite terrifying like Mr. Mime, Mimikyu, and Whimsicott.

Hey guys, I got bad news for you.

If you look at the Galar pokedex, there's about a little over 140 pokemon right now (including Gen 1-7).

Doesn't that mean there won't be a lot of Gen 8 pokemon left?

For example, suppose the pokedex is 200, then that means only like 60 new Gen 8 pokemon.

Or, if the pokedex stops at 250, then that means ~110 new Gen 8 pokemon. But who's to say that the Gen1-7 pokemon are fully discovered?

Edit: hopefully the pokedex stops at over 250.

If you look at the Galar pokedex, there's about a little over 140 pokemon right now (including Gen 1-7).

For example, suppose the pokedex is 200, then that means only like 60 new Gen 8 pokemon.

Or, if the pokedex stops at 250, then that means ~110 new Gen 8 pokemon. But who's to say that the Gen1-7 pokemon are fully discovered?

Well USUM had 403 pokemon in the Alola dex, so I think we'll be good on the regional dex for Galar. If Alola could at least have 403 then Galar should have more than that. I would say at least 450-500 maybe?

Again this is for a fail safe, just in case of a very rare chance if they wanted to do an event with that item. I can't answer the rest since only GF knows why they keep the leftover key items, Fail safe or not.
And, again, if the chance is so rare, and it's such a chore, why would they go through all the trouble? It makes far more sense to believe that Game Freak pastes code from past games and occasionally alters flavor text than it does to believe that Game Freak spends their time reprogramming in items that serve no purpose, with no plans to use them, on the off chance that they might suddenly have a use for them, despite the item not being used in a decade.

Well USUM had 403 pokemon in the Alola dex, so I think we'll be good on the regional dex for Galar. If Alola could at least have 403 then Galar should have more than that. I would say at least 450-500 maybe?
Nooooo, don't compare SwSh with a 2nd version of a core series (US/UM, B2/W2). Gotta compare them with the 1st core series of the generation.

Nooooo, don't compare SwSh with a 2nd version of a core series (US/UM, B2/W2). Gotta compare them with the 1st core series of the generation.

Fair enough xD. I just assumed that since it was on switch that it would have more base pokemon in general, but I guess comparing it to the first version of a game is perfectly reasonable.

It's been a while since the earlier announcement, and I have had time to gather my thoughts. So here they are.

I am disappointed about the news, yes. It's sad that some of my old pokemon can't be what looks like is going to be a really fun game. I wanted to be able to see some of my old Pokemon as much as the next person. And I know there were a lot of people looking forward to this.

But that doesn't mean that this is here to stay. The next games could have the Pokemon that were not included in that list, and then you can use your Pokemon there. There will be future games you can bring your favorite Pokemon too, and who knows maybe they will even have patches for Sword and Shield. And with all this outcry, maybe they will rethink this decision. And if they don't, I think that's okay too.

Sure, our favorite Pokemon have a chance of not being in the game. But they could be in the next one, or the one after that. Pokemon Home has been described as a feature that will probably see a lot of use, I can imagine for at least the next 2 generations for sure, but even farther than that honestly. It's going to outlive the Switch (as in be on the next mainline Nintendo Console), or handheld if they are seperating them again. Plenty of chances to play with your favorite Pokemon then. And I think with that, they will surely look at the Pokemon that get a lot of love that have not seen a lot of featuring in the regional dex (Looking at the Shinx line as a good example for this). I think they have done a lot more consideration into the Pokemon that they are choosing.

Not only that, but with 800+ Pokemon, and more coming, there is bound to at least be several Pokemon that you like enough to want to use again or at least bring over from Bank. We don't know how big the regional dex is yet, but with their statement from earlier with how the regional dex is already going to be difficult to complete, and the fact that we have like what, 100+ old Pokemon already revealed to be in the game and we have only had 2 trailers and a little look into a Demo), these games are surely going to have the biggest regional dex yet. I am guessing 400+ Pokemon at this point, but they could do more. With those odds, and with everyone having different Pokemon that they love, you're bound to have Pokemon in there that you like that you will be able to transfer over and stuff.

And of course there are other features in this game that are really cool. I think @Joker901 said it best when they talked about how there are aspects in SwSh that they don't like, but there are features that they do. These games are bringing ALOT to the table, and there is surely something in there that you are going to like. Every game is going to have something that you don't like in it. This game it's the lack of full transferability, which is a massive thing in a Pokemon game. And we're upset about it now, and there might be people still upset about it in the future, but does it completely ruin a game? No, at least I don't think so. I mean heck, look at Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

BOTW won Game of the Year in 2017, and is critically acclaimed, and still talked about very highly amongst fans and more casual players alike. LoZ games are known for their massive dungeons, and great stories. Do you know what many people agree on that Breath of the Wild lacked? Proper dungeons and a great story. The story one is a bit more subjective though, but there really was not a lot to it, it was only cutscenes from events that took place before the game came out. And while the Shrines offered lots of great puzzles and stuff, the dungeons themselves were just kind of slightly bigger shrines, with a certain mechanic in them. And they all looked very similar. But even without the 2 main parts of a Legend of Zelda game, these games still practically single-handedly carried the Switch through the first few months of its lifespan.

Long story short, a game can still do well without having one of its main features in it. And as I expressed earlier, there are still tons of options for Pokemon.

So I am sorry to anyone who is really going to miss this feature, and are boycotting the games because of it (even if it's along with other things. You have made your decision, and that's okay with me. And to those who are still getting the games even after this news, whether you are still upset about it, or aren't as bothered, then I am happy you are still willing to pick up what looks to be an awesome game.

___

As for me, I'll still be buying both games Day 1. I am excited to be able to see some old Pokemon return, even if it's not all of them and I am especially excited to see the brand new ones that I will be able to use on my few journies of the game, as I find new Pokemon to love. Exploring the Wild Area on my own is going to be amazing, and I am ready to see where the adventure takes me.

I seem to remember someone saying earlier on today that all 151 kanto mons will be in Galar for sure. Is this true? Can anyone link the evidence or who said/posted this claim?

I seem to remember someone saying earlier on today that all 151 kanto mons will be in Galar for sure. Is this true? Can anyone link the evidence or who said/posted this claim?
I don't think it's true, because someone asked Masuda if all LGPE Pokemon could be transferred, and he said they had to be in the Galar dex.

Edit: hopefully the pokedex stops at over 250.
Well first off Sun and Moon had over 300 to begin with.
Second, I’m thinking that since they know many Pokémon would become unobtainable, they’re going to include a ton of them in the Galardex to minimize that number. I don’t think this will mean we are getting a significantly lower number of new Pokémon, but we are in an even-numbered generation which typically gets less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom