• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters
So I mean how do you put a team into the siganturs?

I would individually get each image of the Pokemon and put it into the signature, before placing [*CENTER] [*/CENTER] tags (minus the *) around the first and last image to properly center it.

When planning a team, do any of you guys also plan their Pokeballs? I hope Dive Balls are available before Drednew or Chewtle can be found and Heavy Balls aren't restricted to low amounts like in gen 7.

Did a final team revamp just today when looking over stats and realizing that I really didn't have any defensive Pokemon. Still can't decide on the final member though.

Pokemon Sword:
Sobble > Drizzile > Inteleon
Nickit > Thievul
Yamper > Boltund
Applin > Flapple
Hatenna > Hattrem > Hatterene

Rookidee > Corvisquire > Corviknight
Galarian Yamask > Runerigus

I grew to love Runerigus and while I still like Indeedee more than Hatterene, I love Hattrem about the same.

Edit:
I was looking over Corviknight again and realized how many types it was resistant too. Now Runerigus and it are fighting for the final spot on my team.

It's been really fun doing this team planning, and I am so excited to start my adventure with these new Pokemon when I pick up the games tomorrow.

Last edited:
Team Preview:
jpyfTSM.png
rzO2NoC.png
70rvUPQ.png
0qvItMD.png
SIf1lWz.png

Team members:
Lizzy
Jake
Johnny
Dave
Drummond
Nagini

Last edited:
Just beat Nessa, omw to Kabu. Team thus far, in order of favoritism:

1. Galarian Stunfisk
  2. Galarian Meowth
  3. Galarian Linoone
  4. Corvisquire
  5. Drizzile (had to look up that name lol)
  6. Hatenna
I also have a Gigantimax Meowth in the PC, which is my go to Dynamaxer. Probably gonna replace Hatenna soon, only caught it cause it's kinda cute and there's not many new Pokemon (and I'm only trying to train new pokemon).

Lapras (Because the new water types revealed absolutely SUCK)

This is a mood.

When planning a team, do any of you guys also plan their Pokeballs? I hope Dive Balls are available before Drednew or Chewtle can be found and Heavy Balls aren't restricted to low amounts like in gen 7.

100% yup. Every game I play, as soon as I can I swap my Poke Balls for Premier Balls for this reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm skipping SwSh, but I thought it'd be neat to build a hypothetical team.

Inteleon
Corviknight
Obstagoon
Centiskorch
Toxtricity
Galarian Darmanitan

Inteleon's growing on me now that I've seen it in action. I've liked Corviknight since its reveal tbh.

I’m considering adding Galarian Darumaka to my team, but apparently there’s a Bug/Ice moth (Frosmoth right?) or something that’s piqued my interest. I’m not too keen on doubling types and I haven’t seen either Pokémon so I’m unable to make a decision between the two. Hopefully both are available early on.

I’m considering adding Galarian Darumaka to my team, but apparently there’s a Bug/Ice moth (Frosmoth right?) or something that’s piqued my interest. I’m not too keen on doubling types and I haven’t seen either Pokémon so I’m unable to make a decision between the two. Hopefully both are available early on.
Just swap between them

Regarding spoilers.
Hey, everyone!

In regards to spoilers in this thread: if you feel your team has a Pokemon in it that can be considered a spoiler, please use the spoiler tags so other members scrolling through won't be spoiled. That being said though.... if you're scrolling by and you click on a spoiler anyway, that's on you. Spoiler tags are there to clearly indicate that something is actually a spoiler, so keep this in mind if you decide to check out people's teams.

Right now I’ve got two Pokémon that I’m pretty sure are sticking with me through the whole run, Chewtle (Drednaw) and Rookidee (Corviknight).

It could be just me but I’ve noticed a lot of physically oriented Pokémon very early in the game which means I need a special attacker to cover the blind spot. As much as I love Yamper design-wise, I’m actually thinking of using (gasp) the gift Pikachu!

Unfortunately, both of them appear at around the 3/4ths point. Personally, I'd recommend Frosmoth as Galar is light on special attackers and Galarian Darmanitan has two rather broken abilities that would make the game even easier than it is

Before buying a Pokemon game I always want to plan my team so now I'm looking for suggestions for Sword and Shield

I'm looking for Pokemon of these types:
Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Water, Grass, Electric, Ice, Dragon, Dark and Fairy type

Some can be bulky and some can be aggressive but I'm more of the aggressive type. I'd like to have some Pokemon with good attack and/or special attack stats
I already know which starter I'll pick in Sword but I'm still not sure which one it'll be for Shield but I think I'll pick Sobble
Which Pokemon would you chose from the types mentioned above and why and if you mention Sword or Shield exclusives could you please tell me their version ?

Thanks in advance

PS. I'm new here :X3:

Scorbunny or Grookey for the starter for sure. Wooloo is the most precious bean ever so, I might get one of them. :bulbaLove:
I know this has nothing to do with Pokemon but I love that gif below your comment

I'm looking for Pokemon of these types:

I'm not sure if you're ok with spoiling the new Pokemon for this game, but if you're ok with that I have some suggestions for some new ones that cover most of the types you listed.

If you want water or grass then I assume you'll probably pick either Sobble or Grookey? After that I have some other team member suggestions...

1. Electric/Poison - There's a new Electric/Poison type Pokemon that goes from a baby purple lizard (it's literally a baby, it throws tantrums while it attacks) to a tall punk rocker lizard. They're called Toxel and Toxtricity. I think they're more special focused than physical but I'm not 100% sure.

2. Ghost/Ground - Yamask gets a new evolution in these games called Runerigus, it becomes a sort of rune ghost where it carries around pieces of rubble from a stone tablet. It's a physical attacker and also has really strong defenses.

3. Dark/Fairy - A new goblin Pokemon has this typing called Impidimp, he eventually evolves into Grimmsnarl a large troll-like Pokemon. He's a strong physical attacker. He's also not bad with special attacking.

4. Grass/Dragon - Depending on the version you can get an Applin that evolves into either Flapple (Sword) or Appletun (Shield). I think Flapple is more of a physical attacker while Appletun is more special attacker (though I think it's attack and special attack aren't that different) One warning though, Applin doesn't learn any moves through level up so it'll probably be hard to battle with them until they evolve. It's basically this gens Magikarp.

5. Bug/Ice - An Ice moth Pokemon called Frosmoth that evolves from Snom. Only problem with this one is it appears late game, so if you want it you might have to trade for it or find it in a rax maid battle. I don't know much about it but I'd assume it's a special attacker. (and I'd imagine its special defense is stronger than its physical defense as well)

6. Steel/Flying - Corviknight, you can get this one early on by catching a Rookiedee. I think its more physical focused and also has good defenses.

Other possibilities....

Ponyta and Rapidash have galarian forms exclusive to Shield that are Psychic and Psychic/Fairy.

Darumaka and Darmanitan have ice type galarian forms that are exclusive to Sword.

There's also Polteageist that evolves from Sinistea, it's a teapot Pokemon and its pure ghost.

Some sand snakes called Silicobra and Sandaconda that are pure ground.

Some hints...

- You can get late game Pokemon early if you catch them through a max raid battle someone else is hosting. If you press Y you can bring up a list of stamps, the max raid battles are the ones with the Pokemon silhouettes.

- There are also some Pokemon like Impidimp that you can catch earlier through the wild area than through the linear routes.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom