• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, excuse me this is the pinnacle of fashion.
Okay for real, I will admit that Team Galatic needs a wardrobe change.

Cyan bowl cuts will always be in style.
To think Barry almost had that haircut... Also, isn't that Nobita from Doraemon's hairstyle?

Redesigns are honestly something I don't want for Sinnoh even though it's likely they will happen. I feel the designs are close enough to the modern style--heck, I'd say they started the modern style--that they don't need any changing. Redesigns, I feel, may be a little too over-the-top.

I think you're right in that Gen 4 largely established the "modern" style for Pokémon character design and that the remakes won't change them very much.

That said, looking back on it, even ORAS weren't particularly radical with most of the characters. Mainly just the protagonists and Teams Aqua/Magma. I'd say that only Brawly and Wallace get a significant redesign (both of which I think are improvements) - the rest just get a touch-up. Roxanne simply changes her dress and Wattson swaps his pullover for an alola shirt. Steven and Sidney get slightly more ornate, but they're still wearing basically the same thing.

Also we get to see Steven's T R U E H A N D S O M E N E S S in game.

I'm joking, of course.

Their outfits are so boring and plain. Every team before gen 5 has such boring plain outfits.
I disagree. The spaceman outfits are unique in terms of evil team designs and they're more interesting than, say, Team Flare's orange suits.

But I will admit they're a little silly looking. An upgrade to make them look like sleek, realistic space suits might be a better turn of direction.

I know that. There's just no need to, though. Had she not appeared in SM I would say "yeah, sure" but she did.

Plus, ORAS Steven Stone basically wears the same outfit he wore in RSE.

I know that. There's just no need to, though. Had she not appeared in SM I would say "yeah, sure" but she did.

Plus, ORAS Steven Stone basically wears the same outfit he wore in RSE.
I did sat that how the redesigns differ from the originals depends on the designer and the character themselves. You're right that Steven is one of the most unchanged characters in ORAS, while Maxie, Archie, and the Aqua and Magma admins are the most drastically changed.

Yeah, so after playing SwSh the argument that overworld encounters renders Pokeradar pointless. With random encounters still hiding rarer Pokemon, they could still have the Pokeradar spawn them, or cause new overworld Pokemon to pop out of the grass.

Why would they redesign Cynthia? She's already appeared in SM and USUM.

Jasmine appeared in her original design in DPPt and still got a redesign in HGSS. Cynthia's recent appearances don't preclude her from getting a redesign in the remakes.

Jasmine appeared in her original design in DPPt and still got a redesign in HGSS. Cynthia's recent appearances don't preclude her from getting a redesign in the remakes.
But with how theoretically lazy (at least, that's what some say) Game Freak is these days why bother redesigning her when you can reuse assets.

But with how theoretically lazy (at least, that's what some say) Game Freak is these days why bother redesigning her when you can reuse assets.

I'm not the sort to call them lazy, but in any case, the amount of time it would take to adjust the Gen 7 or Masters model of Cynthia versus just creating a new one that reflects a new design from the art team is probably fairly negligible. It's one character.

I’m here for a 3D distortion world and even more dimension shenanigans with hopefully a sprinkle of (Mega) Evolutions thrown in. I just hope they don’t make distortion world into a hallway because "people found the puzzles complex". They can change it and make it better without it turning into a hallway: ditto for Mt. Coronet.

I hope Cynthia doesn’t get a radical redesign... I really like her current design and it’s quite iconic at this point. Maybe a few modifications to her existing outfit. More gold highlights?

I don't think it's a bias issue; they definitely are more in-your-face about Dynamax being Galar's "thing"

The only point I'm trying to make is that no flavor-based continuity or logic is sacred to GF. Megas were brought over to Hoenn not because they "made sense" there (practically everything they wrote to justify their inclusion in ORAS flew in the face of what XY had said), but because they were Gen 6's shiny new thing and they wanted to keep doing more with them, regardless of where the next games were set. Fans can always just wank whatever headcanon plotfixes they need if the contradictions keeps them up at night.
Yeah, if they want to include Dynamax being in Sinnoh, they could come up with any reasoning, even if it happens to be rubbish. Glad to see that I’m not the only one who thinks Dynamax was more touted as being specific to Galar.

In this case, they've put a lot of conceptual planning, testing, and developmental resources into making Dynamax as a feature. I think it's one thing to dump a mechanic after it's had a solid three years to dominate the scene and dictate the shape and flow of battles, because at least then it can be said that all that work has paid off, but putting all that time into something like Dynamax only to put out a game a year or two later that does nothing with it, and furthermore, artificially banning themselves from putting it in any game that isn't set in Galar because it would "contradict the plot"?
I’m more inclined to compare Dynamax to Z-Moves rather than Mega Evolutions- with Gigantamax reminding me of exclusive Z-Moves; but even they had a decent run of 2 years before abandonment. There’s nothing stopping them from putting Dynamax in Sinnoh- but I don’t think that should be considered a guarantee.

Leon is the only Champion so far I know that can rival Cynthia by strength, tactics and levels. (Lv. 60-70)

I liked him.

He never hyped himself up unless the crowd was watching. It was other people who hyped him up constantly.

Which is, you know, not all that different from irl sports.

Also Leon maakes me hate Hydreigon. But this is off topic.

Er...

Mega Dunsparce for Gen 4 remakes!

I’d pay to watch Cynthia absolutely humiliate the "undefeated Galar Champion and his Charizard". Honestly it was so obnoxious that I wanted to punch Leon the entire duration of the playthrough I watched.
then Cynthia would probably be Champion of TWO Regions.

It seems like they tried to make another Cynthia for Galar and failed. It would be better having her in the game instead.

I liked him.

He never hyped himself up unless the crowd was watching. It was other people who hyped him up constantly.
The amount of times he himself mentioned his undefeated Charizard, his champion status, his "Champion time" and again, him being undefeated is obnoxious to me.

I just want to see him suffer an utterly humiliating defeat: like the player who defeated him using 6 Magikarp. I wish Cynthia wipes the floor with him.

Someone actually kept a tally of how many times his undefeated Charizard and champion self was referenced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom