• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

The end credits for JN059 list Sam Black, Megan Hollingshead and Marc Thompson with unconfirmed roles

Part of me reckons Hollingshead does Grookey
Marowak, Morpeko and Farfetch'd were in the episode. So it's either someone with an existing role or the VA is uncredited entirely.

Well this shocked me hearing this but DuArt, the previous dubbing studio used for the Pokémon anime has ceased all of it's media services including dubbing and will now focus on real estate holding.

I'm kind of sad hearing about this considering that the DuArt era was the dub era I grew up with the most. It was great that they got a lot of the old VA's back and I'll happily commend them for that.

Alongside that they also played quite a big part in the film industry, having been around for even longer than the franchise itself. I'm talking nearly 100 years under their belt so this is a massive loss not just for the NY dubbing industry but also NY in general.

Well this shocked me hearing this but DuArt, the previous dubbing studio used for the Pokémon anime has ceased all of it's media services including dubbing and will now focus on real estate holding.

I'm kind of sad hearing about this considering that the DuArt era was the dub era I grew up with the most. It was great that they got a lot of the old VA's back and I'll happily commend them for that.

Alongside that they also played quite a big part in the film industry, having been around for even longer than the franchise itself. I'm talking nearly 100 years under their belt so this is a massive loss not just for the NY dubbing industry but also NY in general.

Honestly, and I hope I don't sound too callous saying this, but I'm not quite as surprised that their dubbing arm got shut down. It's certainly not anywhere near as old as the company itself, and I don't think they licensed anything big besides Pokémon (there was Winx Club, but their dubbing work on that series was relatively short-lived). It's no secret that the New York dubbing industry has been on a decline for the last decade and a half, and I think them shuttering that department is more of a symptom of that than a cause.

But I would have never expected for them to cease their media services entirely. Like you said, being around for nearly 100 years, all the way back to the silent film era, is absolutely nothing to sneeze at. So that is still very shocking and devastating news and it does feel like the end of an era in many ways.

Marc Thompson continues triumphantly on as Ash's Sirfetch'd. In other news Cherami Leigh is also credited in Episode 12 making me wonder if she's Grookey's voice.

In the style of the Pokémon voices, I've now made a full guide to the villains you love to hate including their VA's from the anime as well as other media such as the Masters mobile game. Pokémon - Evil Team Voice Actor Guide
Major props to you for making this!

But that reminds me that Mars is one of the very few characters in Pokémon Generations that still has no confirmation or educated guesses online with regards to their English VA. I know she has, like, one line in a single short, which of course makes identifying the VA even harder, but it's a shame regardless.

Major props to you for making this!

But that reminds me that Mars is one of the very few characters in Pokémon Generations that still has no confirmation or educated guesses online with regards to their English VA. I know she has, like, one line in a single short, which of course makes identifying the VA even harder, but it's a shame regardless.
Thanks. I plan on doing some extra ones including for one for the COTD's that I'm making.

I am still confused why Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart still haven't returned to the dub.

I am still confused why Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart still haven't returned to the dub.
Eric has mostly retired from voice acting entirely outside of Seto Kaiba reprisals and is now more focused on his music career.

Heck, we don't see Rachael Lillis much in anime dubs these days either unless it's Fate or Hunter x Hunter.

In the latest Everything Geek Podcast episode, Scott Williams revealed that he lacks a recording studio at home, which explains why he didn't return as Throh in JN048.

That also means he isn't likely to reprise Darkrai in JN074 and JN075's dubs unless things change by then.

Is there a way to listen to those recent podcast episodes? Do I have to wait till they hit YouTube?

Last night when ranking all 900 Pokemon, Michele Knotz confirmed that she voices Cyndaquil
Not surprised. Definitely got Piplup vibes from Cyndaquil's voice in JN009.

I also skimmed through the video you're talking about and found something else interesting: apparently the only reason she voiced Togepi in M21 was because its Japanese voice was layered with a bunch of other Pokémon, making it unable to be salvaged for the dub.

I also skimmed through the video you're talking about and found something else interesting: apparently the only reason she voiced Togepi in M21 was because its Japanese voice was layered with a bunch of other Pokémon, making it unable to be salvaged for the dub.
Certainly explains why she didn't dub Togepi in M22

Faye Mata joins the series as Multa in Episode 13 of Master Journeys with Mike Liscio as Divi and both Jake Paque and Bill Rogers as two Tauros trainers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom