• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
HumanDawn
Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I have the honour of hosting(with help)my first Mafia game are you interested to join?
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Hello! It is good to hear (or in this case, get poked by?) from you again. What's up?
    Master Mew
    Master Mew
    Not much! Life's been crazy, a lot has changed since I was last here. How have you been?
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    My life has been crazy too, especially this past year, but I've been getting better and my family has never been prouder. Lost 18 kilos since February and my anxiety is becoming rarer and rarer, so I've been dealing with people better, too! I feel like I'm becoming more like an adult in independence, if only slowly.
    Seriously, HumanDawn, how do you expect (Non-)Mafia game hosts to send you Role PMs if you changed your Conversation preference to only people you follow!?
    Hey HumanDawn,

For some reason, I can't send the role PMs to you for Periodic Table Mafia. Wondering if that's a settings issue. Hope to hear from you soon!
    Reactions: Max1996
    Max1996
    Max1996
    I've run into that same issue just now.
    Thank you very much for lucking my answer in I'm curious. Why do so many people dislike Best Wishes?
    Reactions: HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Hi! It was nothing. I think everyone summed up the problems people had of it during its run in the thread. I don't share all of them or mind as much, but usually when somebody complains with such a passion it is because what they liked did not make them bear it but instead think of the problems they had with it more.
    Thank you. That's so nice of you to say. I hope that you're having a Happy New Year as well.
    OH MY GOSH HUMAN ITS BEEN YOUR BDAY

Happy belated birthday!! Seriously! How was it? Did you have a good one and was cake involved
    I hope you had a nice Halloween yesterday-- happy belated Halloween! very soon it shall be your birthday won't it...how weird omg
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    True... What is your range of genres then? Yeah, psychology is amazing. I tried picking up the game again and... yeah, I remembered that navigation sucked and that it was hard to move around while trying to shoot enemies and evade their attacks. I can't even seem to run? Digimon World 1 was awesome, such a cool and fun yet complex enough game. Getting Digimon to File City from the stories you complete with them by fighting against them or helping them out and seeing new buildings and upgrades was just awesome. It had some really nice secret stuff too plus the visuals and music was so good. When I was very young I cheated the game giving max infinite stats to beat it but 3/4 years ago I replayed it and beat it fairly. Honestly I'm so disappointed that the spiritual successor game never got an English translation for the 3DS...

I'm only a fan of the RTS games, Warcraft II, and Warcraft III, the latter which is in my top 5 games for sure (don't ask me the others... but Majora's Mask is on top!). Warcraft II was what made me love RTS games at a young age but lord... Warcraft III was at a whole different level of awesome.

I looked online and I think it has a mode? Yeah honestly I think I'd better think of watching a playthrough at some point, though having said that I haven't watched a playthrough of L.A. Noire :(.
    Reactions: Feenie
    Feenie
    Feenie
    Definitely horror, suspense, drama, and romance. I really love romantic comedies I will say lol. Oh yeah the controls can be super wonky sometimes, especially if you aren't used to them! Wait what are you playing it on again because I play it on the PS1 so I was gonna tell you the run button for that. You've probably mentioned it before, but you're a Digimon fan then... OH did you like Digimon Frontier? That game really does sound cool, the visuals looked really good from what I saw on a youtube video. Sometimes you just gotta cheat the game to get infinite stats lol AH so you beat it fairly at some point ho ho ho! Well doing it at some point is better than never! ;-) Omg that sucks, I guess Digimon isn't as popular as it used to be? That's just a guess on my part, I just don't see it anymore like I used to unfortunately. But yeah it should've!

But now I'm curious about your top 5 you can't say that and not get me curious. ;-) (YOU REALLY LOVE MAJORA'S MASK OMG) What do you do in those games anyway I sure hear them mentioned a lot but I have zero clue in what goes on in them I see like..... wizards and stuff.... me thinks... and it looks pretty neat but I HAVE NO CLUE what goes on somehow.

Oh you've been meaning to watch an L.A. Noire one too? I'm guessing Space talked you into that? You have to watch an L.A. Noire one for sure man that game is so good it's really amazing. Of course I'd say that about Silent Hill too lol
    HumanDawn
    HumanDawn
    Romance is a very good genre when done right. Video game wise I think Squall and Rinoa's relationship from FFVIII is done best. Sure, there are some cliches in it but it worked and I think the relationship was really believable with how much they loved each other with what they would do for the other. It helps that the romance actually developed both characters very nicely and that both of their flaws had the other's strengths to counter them and make a balance. Plus FFVIII's love song is awesome. Of course there are other fictional relationships I like and that I'm into, but they aren't as developed or as interesting as Rinoa x Squall. If I replay the game I might have a different take on it since it's been over two years, but I doubt it would be as rewarding as seeing it the first time.

That's a cool range of genres! Obviously I love drama too ;P. It's the first(? there's more than 1 right?) PS1 game. The controls guide I found and the google searches turned up nothing on how to run. Even if I could run I'm not sure I'd be into it, maybe I could try again to get a better feel but it sounds like too much of a hassle.

Yeah, I watched all of the Digimon anime series 2 years ago. I love Digimon Frontier! That show has to be a record for me binge-wise, I saw all 50 episodes in 2-3 days! Last thing I binged so hard was Mirai Nikki's 25 or so episodes in 16~ hours. Started it at 2pm and then finished it at... 4 to 6am? I can't resist intriguing but crazy plots, they make for the best rides! Digimon Frontier's kickass battle song theme made me look forward to every episode just to get a chance to hear it, which was like, all the time.

The areas were really varied too, there were so many neat surprises in the area department that made it a really nice adventure to go through. It helps that I found its complexities to be really engaging, like, needing your partner to be an Ice(? not ice exactly IIRC but it needed a type) Digimon to be able to enter an Ice dungeon. You'd have one partner Digimon and you couldn't keep more than one but when it dies either because of age or lost lives from being defeated you could pick one of 4 eggs and it would have different branches of Digimon it could be. The complexity in the requirements to evolve the Digimon in what you wanted were interesting, I'd look up online on how to get them (Even the amount of battles won have an effect!). There were some items that could make your Digimon guaranteed to become the Digimon the item said it would make it. The requirements to get certain Digimon were fun too, like, to get Sukamon you have a bar in a menu that must not be filled from making your Digimon poop outside instead of using the bathroom. The unsanitary behaviour would then make it a Sukamon. Another one is that if it's at Rookie level and you barely train it or make it battle, it's guaranteed to become a Numemon. I got older and better at it plus at understanding stuff in walkthroughs! It had quite a big following to get it translated, though it got a fan translation for the PSP version! Maybe I should check if there's one for the 3DS version and see how I could hack my New 3DS?

Hmm... honestly I've played so many, and it's been ages since I've played a PS2 game. Around 9 years ago I'd play so many PS2 games, it's embarrassing, but I remember having a soft spot for FFX-2 despite never playing FFX. FFVIII might be somewhere in the Top 5. Bravely Default on the 3DS was amazing too, I have a large library of both physical and digital 3DS games! Not at home at the moment but I could take a picture.

Majora's Mask is so good... A world with such good world building and NPCs to care about with their own stories and lives was just done so well. Other games have the unimportant NPCs be like "Aww, I have a problem! Please help me!" and when you do help them they're just like "Yay! Thank you! Here's your reward. Bye!" but in this game everything just feels so much more personal?? It's not like there's a very large amount of it but it's there, and the tragedy with the moon falling and groundhog day is just so interesting and aaahhhh the complexity of the game, psychological intrigue and world just blended SO well together. I'd be fine claiming that it's infinitely better than Ocarina of Time with making a much better world with much better characters and a more intriguing story and setting.

Real Time Strategy's charm is live resource management, base building, army building, and strategizing to defend both your base as well as explore the area and defeat enemies. There are side objectives you could do to help give you a boost and sometimes even shops to buy items to help your main units. Sometimes a whole map has none of that and just exploration with one or more main units that are related to the story that have normal units to command that they start with or find. There's also maps were you just have to defend your base for 20 or so minutes to win and prevent the enemy from destroying something. It's good fun. Warcraft III is what I'd recommend if you want to play an old but good game, the story is pretty epic too and you get to play as 4 different races with their own buildings, unique units and mechanics! For an early 2000 game it had used its graphics to show off a lot of different things really well. I've beaten it twice, both the main game and the expansion game after it.

I think both Space and FinalArcadia did. Hmm... maybe if I'm very bored and am craving for a mystery. Danganronpa 3 had me very well fed in that regard.

THIS TURNED OUT SUPER LONG OOPS IT'S JUST THAT I'M REALLY PASSIONATE ABOUT ALL OF THOSE they were just that good to me
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom