Recent content by Karpi

1. Karpi

On the Baton Pass debate

It is no secret that there is substantial grumbling in the Pokemon Showdown community regarding the ban of Baton Pass in all tiers including Ubers. The controversy centers on a handful of pokemon that have low usage but are suggested to be overpowered enough to destabilize higher tiers with stat...
  2. Karpi

What Pokemon will you ever only have 1 of?

The ones that I have too specific of associations with I probably won't use again. -After my many years of pokemon fanfiction with a trainer that uses Chimecho/Armaldo/Milotic and in which those pokemon also sometimes have their own adventures, I can't help but see those pokemon in that same...
  3. Karpi

Where the next regions should be based on?

It would, but Pokemon doing a rendition of China seems likely to have real world consequences in a way that using any other country wouldn't.
  4. Karpi

I talked about this in the "make your country a pokemon region" thread, but Chile is perfect. It has the Atacama, the wine regions, the mountains, farmland, temperate rainforest, volcanoes, islands and fjords, tundra, Easter Island (home to Nosepass and Probopass!), and the Antarctic Peninsula...
  5. Karpi

Right, but they don't always have to stick to the same scale. Kyushu is not as large as Hokkaido, New York City is not as large as France. If the new region was a scaled-down Africa there would be a lot more potential for climate variation than a game just based around South Africa. I think it...
  6. Karpi

Which Pokémon region would you live in?

I have the same problem. Hoenn is really awesome, but I would absolutely die in the humidity. It's just not livable for me, at least on mainland Hoenn. But the heat is less of a problem, so I'm still looking for that. There are quite a few cities which have a nice, cohesive aesthetic that I...
  7. Karpi

Your Country as a Pokemon Region

Not to brag, but I think my country makes a better pokemon region than most - Chile has an absolutely massive variation in climate and a long string of isolated cities surrounded by lots and lots of wide open nature. I'd put the starting town as Arica (tropical beach), and have the starters be...
  8. Karpi

GO Good locations for Pokémon!

I only hope that they don't forget about Chile (and South America in general). And just thinking about this a little bit - I think the pokemon aren't going to be nearly as geographically restricted as some think. If everyone in Arizona ends up with the same Sandshrew/Cacnea/Baltoy/desert stuff...
  9. Karpi

Gay Marriage Legalized by Top U.S. Court in Landmark Ruling!

I'm kinda meh on this. For me, any US state worth living in would have already legalized it. Why would I want to live in Ohio when the people there only legalized it reluctantly after 12 years and the supreme court told them there was no more getting out of it? Doesn't sound like I would be...
  10. Karpi

Does whether or not a person use drugs affect your opinion of them?

To be fair, you feel comfortable commenting on it because it's weed. Go to someone's house who works at a feedlot and tell them their house smells like animal shit. I guarantee they don't smell it either, because they're accustomed to it. Lots of pot smokers honestly can't tell if there's a...
  11. Karpi

Pokemon you thought were from a different generation

It's even more confusing when you realize that Marill wasn't widely available before Gen THREE. It didn't exist in Gen one (except in the anime...), and in gen two it was a rare find in Mount Mortar (an optional cave). In gen three anyone could get one and it had a new baby form. Definitely...
  12. Karpi

I think I messed up my Pikachu... Should I release him? (FireRed)

Seeing as youre past Misty already and Pikachu wont be any use in Surge or Erikas gyms, just stick it out. Once you beat Surge, you get Shock Wave, so just teach that to Pikachu.
  13. Karpi

Does whether or not a person use drugs affect your opinion of them?

What?! I thought this was a joke, like a made up drug that doesn't actually exist. Fuck... why would anyone ever use that?
  14. Karpi

Name 5 Things You Like About Your Least Favorite Gen

Gen IV is my least favorite because it's slow-paced and uninspired, mostly referring to the Sinnoh games. What do I like about it, though? 1. Some of the pokemon, especially Bronzong, Bronzong, Giratina, Shaymin, and many of the new evolutions like Tangrowth. 2. The anime was pretty good...
  15. Karpi

POPULAR: Cliches in Pokémon Fanfiction

Well, that's not really what I meant. For an example, one of my main characters had a Camerupt for... a very long time. Eventually Camerupt got fed up with how the other pokemon on the team were sort of identifying with each other more than their own species, so he left in order to start a...
Back
Top Bottom