Recent content by Linkachu

1. L

Generation III: Criticized too often?: Fan's response in defense of Generation III

Re: Generation III: Criticized too often?: Fan's response in defense of Generation II I can say a similar thing, only for Gen II. Thank you for writing this. A previous Bulbanews article stating how "Gold and Silver were the best games in the series" left a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm...
  2. L

Own one pokemon

Ah... A Raichu lover who thinks the same way as me ^^ I love this question, and I've mindlessly pondered it quite a bit. Even though it'd be awesome to fly on the back of a Charizard, Lugia, Pidgeot, or Flygon; ride on the shoulders of a Snorlax or the head of a Steelix; or have an Arcanine or...
  3. L

Battle styles?

Ditto. I love throwing in random status effecting attacks, both towards the opponent and to help boost my own Pokemon, but generally I'll focus on offensive movesets and the more offensive Pokemon. I love my high defensive Pokemon, but my ideal will always be something fast with a high attack stat.
  4. L

Interest Level Poll

Heh. While I may not be an active poster here, if/when you get your league up and running I'll probably look into battling for the badges and possibly take part in some of the tournaments (most likely the side ones verses anything major). A Battle Frontier style group also sounds interesting...
  5. L

Battle Frontier in Canada: April 7th!

I'm more wondering what you're talking about myself. You make it sound like Canada hates Pokemon, but I seem to be able to find a fair bit of Pokemon merch lying around (nothing great, but it's there if you look for it - especially in the Toronto area). No, we don't have the magnitude of things...
  6. L

Battle Frontier in Canada: April 7th!

lol. And here I went and posted in another thread about YTV not airing Battle Frontier... I'll say what most of us are thinking: ABOUT BLOODY TIME! When they went back to the beginning of Advanced Battle it was like a kick in the gut. My Sat. dose of Pokemon was something I really looked...
  7. L

I'm really sick of Toonami!!

Tell me about it. I can't get CN - even via our Satellite service - so I've been dependent on YTV since the KidsWB move... and they just set us back to the start of Pokemon Advanced Battle a month or so ago. We haven't even seen an episode with the new VAs yet x.x At least this makes me feel a...
  8. L

Ash's Water type and Brock's Third Member

This is definitely some fun news. I love Buizel and predicted Ash having one in his final line-up, so seeing that pic just makes me squee. Honestly, I wouldn't even care if it evolved or not. Floatzel is really cool, but after seeing its Sugi artwork I'm starting to like Buizel's design better...
  9. L

What not to do with the Wii

Probably more appropriate for the Irish, but... yeah... :O Others I've seen: http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/baconmcshig/homies.jpg http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/baconmcshig/peerpressure.jpg http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/baconmcshig/gamestop.jpg
  10. L

What not to do with the Wii

Yep. Gotta love those "translations" ;)
  11. L

The Official Request a Song Thread

Heh. You guys are pretty good at filling requests, so I'm going to put one out I've had for yonks. The song 'Medley From "Spell Of My Life"' on the 3rd dubbed movie soundtrack. I don't even know if it's the song I think it is, but just hearing it would satisfy my years-old curiosity. Any help...
  12. L

Final Fantasy VI Advance

Awesome ^^ Now I'm ashamed of myself for not keeping closer watch on this game. Are the dungeon and new espers really the only changes? I was hoping they'd extend Shadow's dream-plot and actually conclude it =/ Sounds more like wishful thinking to me, but it would've been neat if they'd...
  13. L

How did you discovered Pokemon?

I want that shirt :( Anyways, I'm thankful to have been an avid Nintendo Power subscriber back in '98, because it was their first, all-encompassing Pokemon article that got me interested. Anime, RPGs, and animals/monsters - all of my favourite things rolled up into one franchise. I couldn't...
  14. L

How Old Are You, Pokemon Fans?

I love seeing the results of polls like these ^^ I'm 21 (22 in 18 days), and I've been hooked since summer of 1998, ie. when I was 13. Good times.
Back
Top Bottom