Recent content by Rhapsody

1. R

Human careers - Why so Pokemon themed?

As amusing as these answers are, I'd like to propose a more serious answer - the Pokemon League probably makes hella money. Not trying to sound materialistic, but the ticket-sales to various events (Pokemon League Competitions, Exhibition Battles, Championship Battles) and merchandise probably...
  2. R

What do you think about the Hoenn Region?

To be honest, I really liked Max. He's a cute kid that adds another dynamic to the cast - most notably during the 'Do I Hear a Ralts?' episode. There were other times I enjoyed his presence as well - during Norman and Ash's second battle being one of them.
  3. R

DP106 and 107 titles

I agree. I'd really love to see a Tougan vs. Hyouta battle - one that can show that Gym Leaders do indeed improve as they battle and don't just stagnate as some people like to claim. But, there are many other reasons for such an epic battle obviously, including the rocky relationship between...
  4. R

Note that I never once said that Kasumi's departure wasn't a cause of low ratings - in fact, I noted in my post that it was a relatively risky move by the writers. Her departure was going to inevitably piss some people off and they would stop watching. However, that crowd certainly wasn't the...
  5. R

From a purely anime-standpoint, I think it's a little too easy for people to stand up and call Hoenn to be mediocre at this point. Hoenn, especially at the time, marked a departure from the standard formula that had been working for quite a long while. Despite the complaints that we...
  6. R

Review DP102: Yosuga Gym Match! VS Melissa!!

Personally, I found this episode to be pretty dang excellent. Where to start? First, seeing Musashi in her Candy Musarina guise was extremely pleasing to me. It was extremely unexpected for the writers to include a contest in the Gym Battle episode and it was gold to see her come out on top...
  7. R

Has the shows plotholes increased or decreased over the years?

I wouldn't necessarily refer to those as 'mistakes' so much as uncertainty and inexperience. To be frank, I don't think the writer inherently meant to shaft so many Pokemon early on - it's just that in the early days, as we know, the amount of tenure the show had was uncertain. The show was...
  8. R

New summaries for upcoming episodes

Ah. Well then, that is a pity. I'll look forward to seeing other evolutions in the (hopefully) near future.
  9. R

I'm aware that as a supporting character, Takeshi doesn't need to be showcased that often. That doesn't mean, however, that he shouldn't be showcased more often. Takeshi, by and large, is a static character that never really goes through very many changes, which is fine, considering the role...
  10. R

I'd agree with the sentiment that it seems to be that there were more plot holes in the earlier seasons than in the later ones, precisely because the writers have more of an idea of what to do with the characters from AG onwards (Takeshi is obviously excluded from this.) However, I feel...
  11. R

New summaries for upcoming episodes

I'm most interested in seeing how the Gym Battle goes. While we all know that Satoshi will most likely win, it's always interesting to see how he does it, especially with the hint that Buoysel may be in trouble against Gengar. Not to jump the gun or spark any controversy, but am I the only one...
  12. R

Dawn, Kenny and Jun

If it came down to two rivals meeting, I think I'd prefer to see Shinji and Nozomi meet of them all. Being the most prominent of the 'rivals', it'd be intriguing to see how they interact. Like Scott85 said, they don't seem to have a lot in common, but Shinji does seem to look down on Contests...
  13. R

an excellent blog I found about Pokemon vs. mature games, maturity, and age

Definitely a very good article. It illustrates exactly why anyone who believes Pokemon to be too 'childish' for people in their teens and beyond are just wrong.
  14. R

"Jurassic Park" author Michael Crichton dies at age 66

Definitely a saddening moment for me. Like many, I grew up reading a number of Crichton's works, including 'Jurassic Park', 'The Lost World', 'Andromeda Strain', and 'Eaters of the Dead.' While my views seldomly coincided with his, many of his works were excellent stories that I thoroughly...
  15. R

Why does nobody ask about Dawn's father?

Because that's what the game designers decided to do?
Back
Top Bottom