Recent content by ToddCam

1. T

Localized Names

I was asking about the Pokémon names. Some statements on this thread implied it.
  2. T

Localized Names

I'm confused. Are all the English names confirmed for Bulbapedia?
  3. T

Localized Names

Re: English names ^The character in Les Miserables is actually named Fantine.
  4. T

Localized Names

Re: English names Pan is the genus of chimpanzees. It is a genus of ape.
  5. T

Localized Names

Re: English names ^ I believe you mean yearling. Also, Reuniclus, not Reunculus.
  6. T

TEEN: The Long March Of Time (Chapter 6 up!)

Re: The Pokemon World: A History An interesting read so far. A few criticisms: You inconsistently use the words "he" and "it" when referring to the legendaries. I imagine the "he" is the one in error, since most legendaries are genderless, and you specifically refer to Heatran having a...
  7. T

Localized Names

Re: English names Volcarona presumably comes from volcano + corona (the sun's "atmosphere") Here are some I can't figure out: #508 Stoutland #532 Timburr - timber + ? #533 Gurdurr - girder + ? #534 Conkeldurr - concrete + ? #540 Sewaddle #541 Swadloon #542 Leavenny - leaves + veiny...
  8. T

Localized Names

Re: English names Ferro- is from ferrous, which I believe is Latin for iron. In the Legion of Super-Heroes, there was a kid who could turn into metal who went by Ferro Lad.
  9. T

Localized Names

Re: English names Wow, I am convinced. So many of these are very clever, and so many are very lame. That's how most NOA English names turn out. I think Missingno. Master is correct in his censorship theory, as PokéJungle also said, when asked why he took them down, "Why do you think a list...
  10. T

Localized Names

Re: English names Missingno Master: Scavendread has too many letters. Perhaps Scavendred?
  11. T

Localized Names

Re: English names Generation I has some of the worst names. Seel is god awful. At least Dewgong has "dew" in it. I mean, c'mon, Mr. Mime??? However, at least all those crappy Gen I names are not exactly what the Pokémon is. If Seel were Seal, that would be even worse. If Gear remains...
  12. T

Confirmed Information Thread

Oh dear god, let there be more box storage later! I have 493 Pokémon I need to upload!
  13. T

Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

Ha! That's exactly what I've been doing. I have this thread, Pokébeach, Pokéjungle, Serebii, and Twitter open in different tabs, and keep refreshing them. Oops. Sorry! On topic: So, it was an ant after all? Or is this supposition based on its proximity to the anteater?
  14. T

What does that mean?
  15. T

Oh, was it confirmed as a spider?
Back
Top Bottom