• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is Paldean regional bird

Wattrel. It’s one of the earliest ones you come across, has two stages (so take that Flamigo, so stupid bird!!!), and it is a little bird evolving into a bird of prey. Definitely Wattrel
I really don't think you can call a frigatebird a bird of prey. A raven is already pushing that tbh.

I could link a video if that is ok about what someone's thoughts on the regional birds are. I ultimately believe that Wattrel and Kilowattrel are the regional birds of Paldea. However, it clearly isn't so cut and dry, and honestly, I don't mind that GameFreak and The Pokemon Company have somewhat moved on from this specific classification that fans have similar to the regional mammal and regional bug.

I could link a video if that is ok about what someone's thoughts on the regional birds are. I ultimately believe that Wattrel and Kilowattrel are the regional birds of Paldea. However, it clearly isn't so cut and dry, and honestly, I don't mind that GameFreak and The Pokemon Company have somewhat moved on from this specific classification that fans have similar to the regional mammal and regional bug.
Is that someone’s thoughts Lockstin & Gnoggin’s? I watched his video about what a regional bird is

That was never anything more than a fan theory.
Especially when Cyndaquil and Fennekin exist. They really stretched to fit those two in, especially the former.
I mean... first in the dex doesn't mean much though, since if we count first in the dex, Zigzagoon isn't the regional mammal in Hoenn either, but Poochyena is. Like, Zigzagoon is based on a badger, which aren't rodents. Heck, only 3 out of 9 'regional rodents' truly have been rodents, with Rattata, Bidoof and Patrat, with the others not being rodents, but mammals.

I was always under the assumption the regional bird is the one you encounter first, not neccessarily the one thats first in the dex.
Yeah. I use the term "regional mammal" instead. I find the term "regional rodent" off-putting because not all of them are rodents. We've got a rat (Raticate), a ferret (Furret), a tanuki (Linoone), a beaver (Bibarel), a prairie dog (Watchog), a rabbit (Diggersby), a mongoose (Gumshoos), a squirrel (Greedent), and finally a pig (Oinkologne). It's a wide variety of inspirations.

I don't mind that GameFreak and The Pokemon Company have somewhat moved on from this specific classification that fans have similar to the regional mammal and regional bug.
To be fair, GameFreak never even once has acknowledged such classification. It is only something for fans to come up with. I think for GameFreak it is a common practice that some bird Pokémon would be common in any given region, and they would appear somewhere relatively early in the regional Pokédex, and that is pretty much about it.

To be fair, GameFreak never even once has acknowledged such classification. It is only something for fans to come up with. I think for GameFreak it is a common practice that some bird Pokémon would be common in any given region, and they would appear somewhere relatively early in the regional Pokédex, and that is pretty much about it.
Actually, shinies we’re first a fan name. So were eeveelutions, but Pokémon eventually adopted them. Maybe Pseudo-Legendaries, too, but I’m not sure

Whaaaaat............? :lapras: You.......do know there's plenty of birds out there that don't hunt, right? You might want to take a look at this:

There are plenty of herbivorous birds of course, but the vast majority of species are predatory to some degree. Even some species on that chart you shared are avid hunters - Toco Toucan for instance, often plucks nestlings right out of the nests of other birds. All hummingbirds hunt flying insects as a source of protein.

There are plenty of herbivorous birds of course, but the vast majority of species are predatory to some degree. Even some species on that chart you shared are avid hunters - Toco Toucan for instance, often plucks nestlings right out of the nests of other birds. All hummingbirds hunt flying insects as a source of protein.
Ok, the part about the Toucan is kinda… dark, or bloody. We don’t need that about Toucannon… that thing scares me now…

(Yeah, I actually knew about the Toco Toucan thing already, gives them a little sinister twist, huh?) Fair enough, I guess I underestimated the carnivorous habits of birds, I didn't even know about the hummingbird thing! I'll admit, I'm annoyed I didn't know that, and that I didn't know the true depths of the dietary habits of birds, but-though I know a lot about the avian world, I don't know everything. And though I am proud of my knowledge, I'm not so arrogant as to not admit that there's something I don't know. I guess this just means I've got more research and studying to do! Thanks for teaching me about that last bit btw! (y)

Yeah, I knew a bit about hummingbirds. We used to have a hummingbird feeder, so we know quite a bit about them (like how much they go to the bathroom :sick:). But anyway, Kilowattrel is still arguably the regional bird

Yeah, I knew a bit about hummingbirds. We used to have a hummingbird feeder, so we know quite a bit about them (like how much they go to the bathroom :sick:). But anyway, Kilowattrel is still arguably the regional bird
It's funny, hummingbirds are probably the species of birds I know the least about. Might be because they only show up around where I live here in the northeast U.S. for a few months a year, and even then only one kind, the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird.

It's funny, hummingbirds are probably the species of birds I know the least about. Might be because they only show up around where I live here in the northeast U.S. for a few months a year, and even then only one kind, the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird.
You should set up a feeder. It’s pretty simple, just put more water in every day. You’ll soon get lots of hummingbirds coming in every day

Back
Top Bottom