• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Then again that was 3000 years ago according to the in game timeline and the style of the trailer looked modern
Or maybe I’m just overthinking this. :)

Legends are set in the past. There arent legends about the future , only predictions about the future. The twitter about this being set only in lumiose makes me worried, but jublife in legends arceus wasnt just jublife, it had streets named after other cities in Sinnoh.

My guess is that lumiose will try to expand for all kalos, but it will later be divided in all other kalos cities. All the city´s "safari zones", will become the environments that we know in modern Kalos. The starters could be the kalosian starters with mega evos. Lumiose could be used as old kalos´ name. If its set on the past, we could get eternal floette . So it could be said that floette would just go back to AZ once the player character dies.

Just re watched the trailer, there is nothing that blatantly says that its set in the future. We see the lines of a video game being made, but it later shows the sketches of lumiose in an old looking paper. And what looks like and ancient writing.

Last edited:
Ooooo
What if the possible “A” legendary is the eternal flower floette?
Because of the leaf pattern

First of all, I am convinced this game takes place in a similar time to PLA, given historical parallels. The "futuristic" aestetic of the trailer is because it is showing what is the future to the characters from the time of PLZA - you may notice it looks pretty much exactly like our present-day Lumiose, which would of course be their future. The blue color and straight lines are probably meant to resemble blueprints, since it is an urban redevelopment plan, after all.

Second of all, I find it pretty unlikely the game will truly be confined only to Lumoise, the areas around it will probably be assessible too. But, even if not, I think think the game totally could work only being in the city. In real life, a surprising amount of wildlife can be found living in urban areas, and I see no reason the Pokemon world couldn't also have plenty of wild Pokemon living in the city. Plus, two obvious ideas for more "wild" areas within Lumiose come to mind. Haussmann's renovation of Paris in the mid-1800s added tons of parks to the city, so there could be plenty of wild Pokemon to be found in the parks. Plus, real-world Paris has an extensive networks of underground catacombs which could be an extensive underground maze filled with Pokemon in Lumiose. Wouldn't it be really interesting if the dex was heavy on "sewer-like" Pokemon like ghost, poison, and ground types?

At the end of the trailer, they should an overhead shot of the city. How does it compare to the map of the city from XY? Are they the same or are they different?
It's pretty much the same, the trailer one is just ever so slightly larger (the plaza's are slightly further away from the center for example), but I don't think that means much in terms of actual in game map size

Edit: Okay well, technically the trailer one has more alleyways and stuff, but theres no new sections or anything.

Last edited:
First of all, I am convinced this game takes place in a similar time to PLA, given historical parallels. The "futuristic" aestetic of the trailer is because it is showing what is the future to the characters from the time of PLZA - you may notice it looks pretty much exactly like our present-day Lumiose, which would of course be their future. The blue color and straight lines are probably meant to resemble blueprints, since it is an urban redevelopment plan, after all.

Second of all, I find it pretty unlikely the game will truly be confined only to Lumoise, the areas around it will probably be assessible too. But, even if not, I think think the game totally could work only being in the city. In real life, a surprising amount of wildlife can be found living in urban areas, and I see no reason the Pokemon world couldn't also have plenty of wild Pokemon living in the city. Plus, two obvious ideas for more "wild" areas within Lumiose come to mind. Haussmann's renovation of Paris in the mid-1800s added tons of parks to the city, so there could be plenty of wild Pokemon to be found in the parks. Plus, real-world Paris has an extensive networks of underground catacombs which could be an extensive underground maze filled with Pokemon in Lumiose. Wouldn't it be really interesting if the dex was heavy on "sewer-like" Pokemon like ghost, poison, and ground types?
Ohhhh
The blueprint thing makes sense
And I agree with there being a bit of outside area
Or who knows
Maybe we’ll get something like the blueberry academy… (what’s it called again?)

Well
We’ve only had one legends game
There’s no set pattern yet
That's the thing. Legends could just be "focus on legendary and mythical pokemon" and not "legends" as in stories of the past.

Something could have happened in the future that starts a chain of events that bring Zygarde in. Or it could be past and present like you (Calem or Serena) are AZ now. We just don't know given the little info.

I mean, Legends has been a single game up till now, that's not enough to make any sort of pattern.
My prediction is that legends was never meant to mean "Game set in the past" but rather just... "A sub series of games set in old reigons with more experimental gameplay", the subseries where they try things out they dont wanna risk flopping with a main first game of a generation.
The way I made a similar comment years ago when Legends Arceus was teased and got dragged for it :confused: But I agree, I don't think the gimmick of this franchise is supposed to just be "survival games set in the past with lots of wilderness settings".

I don't really see how the style of the trailer is an indication of when the story of the game takes place.
I mean... PLA's trailers had an old timey japanese painting style to them and they were set in the past of Japan so... theres credence to the idea

This reminds me, I wonder what this games art style will be. All the textures in PLA had a matching old painting style to them, what will be PLZA's equivilant to that? Can't imagine the style the trailer was in working so what else.

Wow for all the people who have been saying Kalos is next since SM, wow I really wasn't expecting any Kalos until like 2030 or later! What an interesting announcement! Looks like they are taking the futuristic route after going to the past with LA. Personally more into the past, with LA being my 2nd favorite game and I vasty prefer Scarlet to Violet, but I'm still really excited to see where they go with this! Hoping there is a futuristic cult that worships Clemont! I do hope it isn't just Lumiose, because although the incredible size of Lumiose could certainly be an entire game, I really love so many areas of Kalos and hope to see them again, besides a Pokemon game with no nature would be a huge bummer for me. Probably will be several months before we know more, but really looks like they are trying to break the formula and be unpredictable. Maybe Hidden Treasures really was our Johto (Kitikami) and Unova (Blueberry) revisits and we are going straight to Kalos. Still hoping we get Johto and Unova on Switch or its successor someday, but this is pretty exciting (plus very happy there is nothing from ILCA!!)!

I mean... PLA's trailers had an old timey japanese painting style to them and they were set in the past of Japan so... theres credence to the idea

This reminds me, I wonder what this games art style will be. All the textures in PLA had a matching old painting style to them, what will be PLZA's equivilant to that? Can't imagine the style the trailer was in working so what else.
True. I forgot about that. Been a while since I last saw the trailers.

A bit of conspiracy theorist vibes coming from that idea

But o k
(I don’t want to be part of a clemont cult ty very much)
Wow for all the people who have been saying Kalos is next since SM, wow I really wasn't expecting any Kalos until like 2030 or later! What an interesting announcement! Looks like they are taking the futuristic route after going to the past with LA. Personally more into the past, with LA being my 2nd favorite game and I vasty prefer Scarlet to Violet, but I'm still really excited to see where they go with this! Hoping there is a futuristic cult that worships Clemont! I do hope it isn't just Lumiose, because although the incredible size of Lumiose could certainly be an entire game, I really love so many areas of Kalos and hope to see them again, besides a Pokemon game with no nature would be a huge bummer for me. Probably will be several months before we know more, but really looks like they are trying to break the formula and be unpredictable. Maybe Hidden Treasures really was our Johto (Kitikami) and Unova (Blueberry) revisits and we are going straight to Kalos. Still hoping we get Johto and Unova on Switch or its successor someday, but this is pretty exciting (plus very happy there is nothing from ILCA!!)!

Hey, do u guys think we’ll get answers for the Lumiose ghost girl? ( seeing as this is mainly based in Lumiose city obviously)

Wonder how long it will be untill the next trailer, usually they are ~6 months before release. So Trailer 2 could be from anywhere from august of this year (same time as pla) or... June of NEXT year (if its a holiday 2025 release)
it's... A wide range for sure, either way at least 5 months away

if PLZA is in the past maybe we will get to meet the girl before she was ghostyified

That wud be fun

Ohhhh
The blueprint thing makes sense
And I agree with there being a bit of outside area
Or who knows
Maybe we’ll get something like the blueberry academy… (what’s it called again?)
Terrarium
That’s wat it’s called
This is my main concern too. A game taking place entirely in a city might have some variety/diversity issues if not designed intelligently. I could see the Power Plant or a similar type of place in Lumiose where you could find Fire and Electric types, and some cemeteries/catacombs (it's well known that there are ancient catacombs below Paris so they could replicate that in this game) for Ghost types, but some types might be difficult to accommodate. Rock/Ground I guess maybe some rocky areas in the parks, but Ice would be especially tricky. Maybe there's a Cold Storage type of place somewhere or there's dynamic weather and we get more Ice types in the snow, but both of those are difficult to imagine.

Yeah, I'm conscious of this too and I'm not expecting XY's full 450 either. LA only had a little over half of that number, so they probably will trim the rosters down with the excuse of "Oh, this is just Lumiose City, not the entire Kalos region". That being said, a lot of people complained that the Kalos Dex had too much Kanto, so if they trim a lot of the Kanto Pokemon out, I think that might soften the blow a bit. I'd have to think about which ones might be good cut candidates. 300 seems a bit ambitious compared to LA, but maybe they'd be able to get away with that much.
but
If we were to get a terrarium like thing that would take care of the biome problem
I’ve thought of a canonical reason too
So, if this takes place in “post-AZ firing ultimate weapon Kalos”, people might have built an underground bunker with enough biomes to sustain most of the Pokemon
Like a nuclear fallout

Back
Top Bottom