• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Reunites with Floette after 3000 years
Hangs out for maybe a hundred years
Gives it to some random kid who caught every pokemon

I don't think this makes it unlikely I just think its funny.

This forum really needs an equivalent to Smogon's "haha" react

Just so this isn't a stupid one-liner: A Lumiose City-based game that is presumably set after XY based on the trailer's aesthetics.... ADULT EMMA AS A MAJOR CHARACTER PLEEEAAAAASEEE

After 3,000 years wandering around and finally reuniting and spending time with EFF, AZ ready to move on the afterlife, finds a way to become mortal, whereas EFF still wants to go on adventures and see the world, so needs to be with a good trainer to do that.

im wondering if well be able to time travel from past lumiose to present to future. ill admit this is wholly baseless but

I wonder what the starters will be? Will it be the original three (Chespin, Froakie & Fennekin), or will it be a trio of starters from different generations like in Legends: Arceus?
If I had to make a guess?

Serperior and Empoleon seem to have French origins

The Fire Starter is up in the air right now but I could see Torchic, Litten or Scorbunny

I think as Megas are back starters with mega evolutions can be ruled out, so no Torchic etc.

I could see a Galar starter getting some love, maybe Scorbunny, UK close to France, Rowlett Gen 7 was in Arceus Gen 8 so a Gen 8 starter could be in PLAZ Gen 9.
Maybe a Fire/Fairy Cinderace, to celebrate kalos being the region that introduced the fairy type, and link to that story about the rabbit in the moon./moon rabbit, whereas the original quite masculine could make this one more feminine, similar to Delphox.

Just had a thought, since Gen 7 we've had Alolan forms, Galarian forms, Paldean forms, and even ancient Sinnoh had Hisuian forms, so are we now going to have Lumosian forms, what about this city could cause entirely new forms like that?

Are we absolutely sure it only Lumiose, couldn't it be like how Jubilife the only major settlement in Hisui?
The A looks like the ultimate weapon and we know that's not in Lumiose, it's in Geosenge.

We saw Gyarados and Dragonair in the trailer, can't imagine actual dragons roaming round a modern city.

Last edited:
squeals

Such an amazing announcement today! :bulbaLove: I wasn't optimistic that Legends would become a series because I kinda thought it was a one time thing with the Arceus plotline and tying into the region from the generation where Arceus was introduced. But hey, I HOPED. And what was one of my top requests for an Legends game? Kalos!!! Kalos is my favorite region and was always sad with how it was moved on from so quickly.

I'm so excited! I wonder what timeframe they're going for here? I believe that Paris which Lumiose is based off of is a very ancient city. However, the teaser doesn't give me the idea that they're going back anywhere near that far, which is kinda disappointing. Maybe it will be 18th century? Maybe around the time of Parfum Palace (which I hope shows up in the game!) was built?

Either way, I'm not complaining! I'm so excited!!

I'm so excited! I wonder what timeframe they're going for here? I believe that Paris which Lumiose is based off of is a very ancient city. However, the teaser doesn't give me the idea that they're going back anywhere near that far, which is kinda disappointing. Maybe it will be 18th century? Maybe around the time of Parfum Palace (which I hope shows up in the game!) was built?
After looking at the trailer a few times I am reasonably confident this is in modernity sometime after XY. It's hard to tell but the fashion of the amorphous NPCs is a bit too new for a PLA timeframe: Look hard enough and you'll see travel backpacks and baseball caps.

For the record, this is preferable for me. During the leaks phase I was so intrigued by the idea of a BW3 not so much because of more Unova but because of the "retroactive sequel" element: Seeing a much longer passage of time and how it affects the setting and characters.

All this to say: If this game has adult Emma in a prominent role I am going to kneel harder than anyone has ever kneeled before.
1709085437246.png

I am manifesting. So hard.

Are we absolutely sure it only Lumiose, couldn't it be like how Jubilife the only major settlement in Hisui?
The A looks like the ultimate weapon and we know that's not in Lumiose, it's in Geosenge.

We saw Gyarados and Dragonair in the trailer, can't imagine actual dragons roaming round a modern city.
The Nintendo twitter account said it was entirely within Lumiose and apperently the press site said it too but I can't confirm that one. So unless they are lying I assume it truly is only Lumiose.
They specifcally mentioned redevloping the city so that people and pokemon can live together more so the dragons roaming fits.

Unrelated but I wonder if PLZA will have some big twist, like how the entire time travel plot of PLA was completely left out of any promo material.

The Nintendo twitter account said it was entirely within Lumiose and apperently the press site said it too but I can't confirm that one. So unless they are lying I assume it truly is only Lumiose.
They specifcally mentioned redevloping the city so that people and pokemon can live together more so the dragons roaming fits.

Unrelated but I wonder if PLZA will have some big twist, like how the entire time travel plot of PLA was completely left out of any promo material.
I wouln't be too surprised if we were able to at least go outside the city to the areas connecting Lumiose.

damn. this is crazy LOL. I was most active on this forum around 2015 where we were all speculating about a pokemon Z that never came to fruition.

Insane that it sort of happens nearly a decade later. I have a lot of questions such as how a pokemon game taking place in one city is going to work, but I think this is possibly the biggest curveball gamefreak could've thrown at us today.

I'm guessing new megas are a shoe-in and I wouldn't be suprised if there's straight up new pokemon or evolution like in PLA too.

Another question on the city idea is how is it going to work in terms of biomes?
People have suggested parks for grassy areas, but what about desserts, mountains, ice/snow areas, fire/lava etc?

One thing I know I'll like for sure with these games is the customization. Whether it takes place in the past, present, or future, I'm 99% sure the character customization in this game is going to be awesome. Paris is a fashion hub, Pokemon X and Y, while not having as diverse of a fashion catalog color-wise as the later games (SMUSM and SWSH), had the widest arrangement of different types of fashions. I am so excited to see what they'll for this game.

And then there's that 1% of me that's worried they'll pull a SV and stick you in an unchangeable organization uniform for the entirety of the game, even after you've beaten it. Please for the love of Arceus GF do not do this to me in Kalos.

Yees!! This sounds amazing! What a great ocassion to make this my 10.000th post!
  • Yeah, Kalos was really unexpected. Shout out to @RileyXY1 who predicted it first. While the Pokemon roster is not my favorite the generation certainly has a lot of charm with a great region and nostalgic games that remind me of where I was 10 years ago, so I approve of the decision. Also, it is from the Legends brand! The idea of completing Pokedex entries, catching Pokemon in the overworld and meeting ancestors again is making me very hyped.
  • I understand the disappointment with the game only containing the city, but sounds like a fun experiment to do that could teach GF lots of things about open world games, and there isn't really any other XY area I'd die to see in the new graphics (maybe Parfum Palace). For Pokemon diversity, I think the places could became mini-safari zones, and a few of them could be gifts from the locals of exclusive to certain missions.
  • I'm unsure whether it will take place in the past or the future. I'd love for it to be in the future, but the past sounds intriguing too since it gives a lot of room to develop the lore of the region and explaining how Kalos ended up being that way.
  • As a fan or architecture, the idea of building our own city or at least seeing firsthand how it was built sounds AMAZING.
  • I don't think we'll see XY's 450 Pokemon roster available in the main campaign, as it sounds like a lot for one city, I think it will be around 300 composed of: Most of Central Kalos + the most notable ones from Coastal and Mountain + Megas from ORAS (Loppuny, Sharpedo) + regional forms (maybe, see below) and random additions.
  • My prediction for new designs would be 20 Mega evolutions (hopefully most are from generations 5-9), around 5 convergent & new evolutions and around 2 legendaries. I don't think we'll get much regionals as the focus will be on the megas and they weren't treated specially well in SV and its DLC.
  • It's a bit early to say that it will be a Switch 2 game, though it seems that way because of the release date. I'm sure that it will be playable in the regular Switch too, I doubt they'd lie with something like that.

Back
Top Bottom