Search results for query: *

• Users: boop
  • Order by date
  1. boop

What haven't you done in a long time?

Post here.
  2. boop

Obsolete: Horror movies that have scared you the most.

I watched five minutes of Grown Ups 2 I think that counts.
  3. boop

Mega Evolution

Re: Mega Evolution Discussion Nah man Pokemon fans can and have come up with way worse ideas.
  4. boop

Covers of Songs that Beat the Originals

"Twist and Shout" by The Beatles is one of my favorite examples of this. The best examples of a cover truly topping the original is when most people don't even know it's a cover. Here are some others: "Cocaine" by Eric Clapton "Respect" by Aretha Franklin "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney...
  5. boop

Disney buys Lucasfilms

I don't think Nolan would try to make Star Wars more realistic. The reason he did that with Batman was Batman lent itself to realism. Star Wars was his first big "Holy shit, I'd love to do that." as a kid, so I'm sure he'd try to replicate the tone of the original trilogy. But he's already done...
  6. boop

Disney buys Lucasfilms

Star Wars has never been my thing. I appreciate what the original trilogy did for film and what it means to its fans, but I've never been able to get into them like others do. It's probably because of this that I don't see much harm in Disney getting ahold of Star Wars. After all, they can't...
  7. boop

Adventure Time

When Adventure Time first debuted, I wasn't too high on it. It has since grown on me greatly. The show turned into something really special, and not simply surreal, around late season 2/season 3. The focus on character development is quite impressive for what is at its base a childrens'/young...
  8. boop

A re-introduction

Sup. For the (I'm sure) very few who know me or remember me, your Messiah has returned. For those who don't, here is a quick introduction: I'm Nelly. I'm totally bodacious. So much so that you might feel not so bodacious in comparison, but don't worry that's normal. Just know I'm the...
  9. boop

Fall of the Horror Genre

Let The Right One In, [REC], The Descent... good horror still exists. And honestly, horror out of the Hollywood system has always been what it is today. The only difference being CGI taking over costumes and man-made special effects. There is a charm about the latter, but we've still seen...
  10. boop

The Simpsons to be cancelled?

I don't understand the universal hate for The Simpsons essentially post-1997. Is it as good as it was in its glory days? No, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anything that is. To say things like it "isn't remotely funny now" or something as silly is "it sucks" is so far into hyperbole it's...
  11. boop

Nickelodeon Going Old School: "The 90's are All That"

Exactly. Zim is just barely ten years old. Besides, as people have said before, it does run on Nicktoons pretty frequently. The 90's Are All That is tailored specifically for the 18-34 crowd that dug the hell out of Nick's Nicktoon/Snick lineups from about 1992-1998. Zim doesn't fall into that...
  12. boop

First Dark Knight Rises Teaser Trailer

I trust Chris Nolan more than any other director currently working. He has the unique ability to get hundreds of millions of dollars from a major studio to make his passion projects. No big-studio cynicism from Chris Nolan pictures. They let him do what he wants because they know he makes money...
  13. boop

No Green Lantern! >.<

I wasn't really comparing the movies, but was pointing out that "Show, don't tell." isn't necessarily a rule to be followed religiously. It eventually came back to GL, but I wasn't comparing the two. There were two different arguments; one about that rule itself and one about whether GL broke...
  14. boop

No Green Lantern! >.<

PyroDaFox - Since you decided get all condescending, I shall do the same. Regardless of you comparing the eventual Green Lantern sequel (and not the 2011 flick) to Wrath of Khan, you still were comparing the 2011 flick to the first Star Trek series of films when there is no comparison. Star...
  15. boop

No Green Lantern! >.<

First of all, you can't compare Green Lantern to Wrath of Kahn. It was released in 1982. We weren't quite as advanced in the computer-generated special effects department yet. It was a Star Trek flick, and therefore had characters the average movie-goer already knew and loved. Not to mention...
  16. boop

Wii U Discussion

That isn't anywhere near what they are doing with the Wii-U controller. The way it seems to enhance gameplay is something that hasn't quite been done before.
  17. boop

Wii U Discussion

It's quite a bit more than that. The interaction between the screen on the controller and the television is quite unique. And the ability to play the games directly on the controller, without a TV, is certainly something that has me interested.
  18. boop

Wii U Discussion

Wii-U isn't just a new accessory. It's a new console that is much more powerful than the Wii:
  19. boop

Wii U Discussion

Sony has essentially used the same controller for nearly 20 years now, and Microsoft has used, more or less, the same controller for both of its systems. Nintendo (and SEGA until 1999) has been the only company regularly changing their controllers. I, for one, won't mind the Wii Remote being...
  20. boop

Favorite sonic game

For over a decade Sonic Adventure was my favorite Sonic game. I feel it did for the Sonic series what Super Mario 64 did for the Mario series. Other than a solid sequel to Adventure (both Adventure games only shine on the Dreamcast; the GameCube ports aren't great) and Heroes, which was decent...
Back
Top Bottom