Search results for query: *

1. T

You know what it is

Can it be? Are the legends true? ... Ahem, that bit of self-aggrandizement strange noise aside, hi. It's been a few years since I was last here. I've been doing stuff, growing, not growing, among other things. But now, it appears I caught the Pokemon bug again, or something. ^^ Not sure how...
  2. T

Been Thinking...

Am I the only one who thinks that there's this over-reliance on relatable main characters? Maybe it's just me, but I find that kind of character to be a little overdone. In my opinion, relatable characters, while having the advantage of making an audience care about them more easily, kinda...
  3. T

Need Help Getting Back Into It

Guys, I've run into a problem. When I decided to put my fic on hold a few months back, it was so I could use all this time I have now to work on it again. Unfortunately, I'm having great difficulty getting back into the mood of writing, which is a real worry here. I don't wanna end up not...
  4. T

Two Things...

First off, for the fic I'm currently writing, I use ***s to indicate a scene break. However, if I wanted to indicate a flashback, what could I use? Preferrably something that would work on fanfiction.net, since they force me to use the line break there. Second, I had this idea for a Digimon...
  5. T

Character Ages?

I was wondering what character ages you guys prefer to write as the main character. In most of my writing, I prefer writing characters from ages 18 onwards, since it's more believable for them to be experienced. And it's easier to believe that they'll be sought out for advice and everything...
  6. T

Multi-Purpose Literary Techniques

Not sure if there was a topic about this, but I was wondering if there are any techniques one can use outside of their original purpose. We could try making a list to help improve each others skills. The only one I can think of right now is lampshade hanging also being used as foreshadowing.
  7. T

Badges

I always wondered what other writers thought of them. When applying them to your fics, what kind of significance do you give them? Me, I keep the obedience thing to make badges a symbol of Pokemon integration into society.
  8. T

Controversial Ideas In Fanfic?

I was wondering if anyone has ever incorporated controversial ideas in their fanfics. Concepts you don't see often because of the dangerous waters you're treading. I'm planning one that I'm about to post here sometime soon, but I'm terrified that the religious ideas and useage of a certain...
  9. T

A Curiosity

So, I was checking out fanfic advice websites and the story types got me thinking. Does anyone think there is a type of story that people usually get wrong (i.e. Darker and Edgier, Lighter and Softer) and if so, why is that such a common occurrence?
  10. T

I'mma Back!

Hi everyone! Most wouldn't remember me, but that's beside the point. I remember disappearing months ago. But I'm back! I hope everyone's done well and had a happy New Year!
  11. T

Possible Explanation For Abilities And Type Matchups?

Does anyone have any ideas of their own on how some Pokèmon abilities work or how some type matchups work? One of the ways I think the matchup with Psychic and Dark works is that Psychic represensts the mind or mental capacity, which is how it triumphs over Fighting, which is more like brawn...
  12. T

A Sudden Question About The Pseudo-Legendaries

Does it seem to anyone that certain Pseudo-Legendaries get better glorification than others in the anime? Dragonite is the first one out of my head. The first one we see goes up against rockets and missles, I believe, at Bill's Lighthouse. Then Drake's Dragonite at the League. It took three...
  13. T

Home At Last

Hi, everyone! I actually haven't been around the Pokemon community before, but a friend of mine encouraged me enough to register here. It kind of makes me regret not having ever hearing of this place sooner. I chose my username for personal expression of my current situation in my life...
Back
Top Bottom