Search results for query: *

1. B

Reccomend an Anime to me?

If you're a fan of Kino no Tabi, who likes slow, serious, and episodic anime... you will not regret checking out the show that inspired it, Galaxy Express 999. (And it certainly has its weird moments, too.)
  2. B

Pokemon Mythological/Religious Connections

There are a ton, from enough different faiths and mythologies that you'll have a heck of a time tracking them all down. Not all the legends have mythological influence, but a lot do, so start looking there.
  3. B

How much is too much?

With fanfic, you should expect some level of prior knowledge from your readers - you should describe a Pikachu as much as you'd describe a mouse in an origfic, for instance. But how much physical description to incorporate is very much an art form - it can definitely be overdone and read as...
  4. B

Dreams and dream sequences

I've been writing fic for over a decade, and I'm not sure if I've ever actually written one, although I've mentioned them occasionally when the canon I'm working from did. Maybe it's personal - I don't dream that often, so the idea of going over things in dreams doesn't personally occur to me...
  5. B

Is Pokemon truly violent?

Yes and no. On the one hand, pokemon battling is a combat sport, and that's at the center of the franchise. There's no getting around that. On the other hand, violence in some form is at the center of a great many works of fiction, and in most of them it involves a far higher rate of...
  6. B

COMPLETE: Kyogre's Ambition (TEEN)

Roused by his trusted Pikachu, Red awoke in the middle of the night to an enormously drowsy Maxie at the door to his improvised secret base, clutching a letter with Team Magma's insignia. "Tomorrow, Team Aqua will sail for Goldenrod." Red rubbed his eyes as he got out of bed and stepped...
  7. B

There was a great deal Celebi had told Nobunaga, when it had traveled back to request his assistance. And having brought unification and the first blossoming of peace back to Ransei, he felt a duty to to oblige. There was also a great deal Celebi had not told Nobunaga – could not, for over four...
  8. B

Written a while back, figured I'd crosspost it here. Three chapters. Pokemon Conquest/main series (though a games/anime/manga composite version of the main series) crossover. Summary:Ho-oh returns, but Johto is in mortal peril. Team Aqua, led by Kyogre, is sailing north, and Hoenn is drowned...
  9. B

Crunchyroll announces legal manga site:

This is great. Especially as I'm running out of room for my manga collection.
  10. B

Puella Magi Madoka Magica [Movie trilogy announced!]

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica I'd love to leave a detailed review of its strengths and weaknesses, but all I can say is that it blew me away. That show was amazing, especially the last three episodes.
  11. B

Saddest Anime/Manga You Watched/Read...:'(

Re: Saddest Anime You Watched...:'( Bokurano is the only anime I've dropped for being too sad. And, well, "pilot a mech and die from lack of energy, if you don't the world is destroyed" is pretty bleak. I could take that, but when I found out what happens when they *win* I just stopped.
  12. B

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Episode 12 of Madoka Magica. I don't want to spoil it, but that ending was amazing.
  13. B

The official NHL 2010 Playoffs Thread

I will not make predictions, as I have not paid attention to the league as a whole - save to say that the Habs are going down in 4 and the Bruins will win in 7. GO B's!
  14. B

Summer Wars

Mamoru Hosoda's newest work. A two-hour movie. Digimon fans will note certain... similarities to Our War Game. (Read: YOU'VE GOT MAIL, out-of-control AI, technology crashing all over, and a familiar nuclear countdown.) Anyone seen it?
  15. B

Online Relationships - Your Opinion? [WARNING: Controversial Topic?]

I'm not so sure about that. Honestly, I think if you're willing to get into a relationship with someone far away, there have to be pretty strong feelings behind it... A ton of offline relationships break apart in a matter of months or even weeks, but I've never seen an online relationship...
  16. B

My bad. You put "dating" in quotation marks. :P
  17. B

Dude. Whenever you put "relationship" in quote marks like that? It sure looks like you're TRYING to offend, and you can't blame them for rising to the bait. Speaking as someone who's been there (and had it fail miserably, but that's besides the point) you might not be a troll, but you sure...
  18. B

Online relationships fail. So do offline ones. The only difference is the amount of aggravation caused by physical separation and the like. This is because real people, by and large, are incapable and unworthy of love. The only solution is to date 2-D people. :P
  19. B

Obama wants longer school hours

I think you're too quick to blame the students. If they were workers instead of students they'd be getting overtime pay quite often or working multiple jobs, but they get nothing more than an education which won't pay fruit for years. Furthermore, extracurriculars are often not participated in...
Back
Top Bottom