Search results for query: *

1. T

New Pikachu-related game in development

Doesn't really bother me, since GF wouldn't really take risks with its mascot. The last thing the Pokemon franchise needs is a beefed up Mega Pikachu, unless it incorporates ketchup bottles in design.
  2. T

What would the dub be like if TPCi handled it from the beginning?

Dubbing errors would have been less if TPCi handled the anime from the beginning. 4Kids did mutilate the Japanese original script occasionally, but their dub had much snappier, memorable conversations. TPCi reduce all lines into cliches. So the anime would also have boring dialogue.
  3. T

Preview BW123 - Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!!

Ash: Guys, why are you following me and not staying in your own region despite knowing that you will be discarded when XY arrives? Iris: To stall until XY characters appear, of course! You have no clue about your own show, what a kid! Cilan: This saga creates an aroma of boring yet...
  4. T

Do all these gimmicky stunts that Best Wishes! keeps pulling seem desperate to you?

Re: Do all these gimmicky stunts that Best Wishes! keeps pulling seem desperate to yo The Champion League/E4 arc probably isn't suggested often because most of the fans shudder to think about the writers mutilating the logical conclusion to Ash's story. I can almost imagine Ash one step away...
  5. T

Aspects That OS Trumps Other Sagas In

IMO, OS trumped all sagas in every aspect other than battling. - The humour was better, dialogue was frequently top notch. - People complain about Johto fillers but IMO DP felt even slower despite having fewer fillers. - Both the twerps and the TRio had great chemistry among themselves. In AG...
  6. T

Goods and Bads of Sinnoh! Please Give Your Opinion.

The Good- - The Battles. - Paul as a rival. - Ash's team. The Bad- - Ash suddenly became angsty at certain points. It didn't fit a ten year old guy with a happy-go-lucky attitude. Whenever Paul appeared, Ash did his teeth gnashing act and a Dolph Lundgren wince. - Cynthia popping up...
  7. T

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Re: Official CoroCoro Discussion Thread (LAST UPDATE: 2/11/13 | NEW EEVEELUTION!) I am leaning towards a Normal type. This is because it is probably going to be released as a single Eeveelution. One type that no one ever suggests: the ??? type removed in Gen5. It's there in that scan. GF...
  8. T

Preview BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Re: BW116 "Burn up, Charizard! VS Dragonite!!" The worst case scenario and most probable outcome is a tie. That's the way the writers generally treat these reunion battles. At least there won't be any Contest girl in this episode. In that case the battle would have ended with colliding moves...
  9. T

Ash's BEST Battles

One I particularly liked was with the COTD's Scizor in 'Wired for Battle' in Johto. I consider it to be one of the best vs. COTD battles.
  10. T

If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like?

Re: If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like If it was directed towards an older audience, it would become more difficult for the writers to sweep the morality issue under the carpet. The concept that Pokemon 'like' to battle (as reiterated by Ash for...
  11. T

I'm Thinking of an Episode...

Is Togepi in the episode?
  12. T

Favorite player characters?

Red, because he doesn't fade into obscurity after the player finishes the game. We actually find out what he became. He transcends his PC role. His story is also quite enjoyable. -His Gen II/IV sprite is badass. -While other champions give long speeches on friendship, peace and similiar blah...
  13. T

Charizard's return to the anime. For or against?

Final appearance? For all we know, 50 years from now, during generation XXV, our grandkids might ask "Who's that orange lizard?" It just keeps reappearing. I don't mind Charizard's reinclusion that much, but their were better candidates. Considering how Ash becomes indignant on the topic of...
  14. T

Pick any 6 Pokemon from the ANIME and form a team: Who would you pick?

- Ash's Sceptile due to its speed and power - Ash's Snorlax, which has proven itself to be useful in both offense and defense. - Flint's Infernape, which is probably much superior to Ash's. - Gary's Blastoise, because you can't ignore his girth. - Drake's (Orange Islands) Dragonite, because...
  15. T

Starter Discussion

Re: Which new Generation Six starter is your favourite? It's disturbing that designers have lost a bit of creativity. Fennekin and Froakie are previously used concepts. Chespin is a bit more unique, but it's hair/hood thing reminds me of Petilil's design. In the end what matters most to me in...
  16. T

Characters and Plot

Re: Pokémon X & Pokémon Y: Characters and Plot I am getting a bad feeling about the titles. Imagine this - the villains (probably named Klinefelter/Turner/Down) speak crap like "We have this ray that will cause non-disjunction of chromosomes. Muhahaha." You never know with Pokemon evil teams...
  17. T

Aesthetics and Graphics

Re: Pokemon X and Y: 3D & Graphics The battle scenes in 3D look awesome. The move animations are good too.
  18. T

What could have been done to make Hikari's BW appearance actually *mean* something?

Re: What could have been done to make Hikari's BW appearance actually *mean* somethin It's unfortunate that Dawn didn't catch any Pokemon in Hoenn (if she did, they would have been shown). Her team lacks depth. Dawn's Quilava is always present in her team (probably because she doesn't have...
  19. T

What could have been done to make Hikari's BW appearance actually *mean* something?

Re: What could have been done to make Hikari's BW appearance actually *mean* somethin Dawn's BW appearance had wasted potential. Her appearance was mostly because older characters are forced into the anime from time to time. On the bright side, her Piplup wasn't given too much attention. I...
  20. T

I'm Thinking of an Episode...

Before Ash's Lake Acuity battle with Paul?
Back
Top Bottom