• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pikachu-related game in development

Reaction score
Tsunekazu Ishihara (the president of the Pokémon Company) will appear on Japanese TV on October 28th. The synopsis of the interview mentions an unprecedented game whose development started this summer. The game is said to change Pikachu, and Ishihara is worried about how the change will affect Pikachu's popularity. More details should be revealed via the interview.

Japanese fans are speculating that said change may be Mega Pikachu. This is certainly a possibility, even though Mega Evolution is generally reserved for fully evolved Pokémon. It is also possible that the game in question will be compatible with XY, and thus Pikachu's change could be carried over to these games.

Mega Pikachu makes sense somehow. It would also be very convenient for the anime plot.

Doesn't really bother me, since GF wouldn't really take risks with its mascot.

The last thing the Pokemon franchise needs is a beefed up Mega Pikachu, unless it incorporates ketchup bottles in design.

I am not a fan of non fully evolved Pokémon getting Mega Evolutions, but the mascot getting one was something most people predicted in the moment the first Mega Evolutions were revealed. Poor Raichu...

If it is a Mega Pikachu, it's official. Raichu is now obsolete ;-;

What if both Pikachu and Raichu get mega evos. Pikachu evolves with a stone, so it could be easy to keep a Mega Pikachu.

What if both Pikachu and Raichu get mega evos. Pikachu evolves with a stone, so it could be easy to keep a Mega Pikachu.
Someone has sense. Raichu could easily get a Mega Evolution in XY, with Pikachu getting its own via the next game. Pikachu and Raichu are essentially separate, so they could both get Mega Evolution especially when you consider that some Pokémon have two Mega Evolution variants.

Mega Pikachu most likely, souped up speed and Special Attack and its Pikachunite is similar to the Light Ball and not only helps it Mega Evolve but soups up its Special Attack just the same, make it happen GF. Also more bulk would be awesome, all for Mega Pikachu.

But don't you see Pikachu is the one true pokemon. Raichu never existed and it was just a fancy name for the "Big" forme.

Seriously though...this both concerns me and intrigues me at the same time. They fully admit they're taking risks with the most popular pokemon in existence and yet they're still going through with it.

If pikachu gets a mega and Raichu doesn't, I will be rather upset. I've always not cared for pikachu, and I have a wonderful little Raichu named Topaz waiting to be something special.

However, if they do something risky and make fans dislike pikachu, I will laugh and laugh.

I absolutely love Pikachu, but I do stand behind development... Being a writer-- it's important to keep things reeling, I guess.
But even if I'm not too big a fan of the Mega Pikachu (if that happens to be the change), I don't think my love for the little yellow one will change.

... I'm all on-board for a Pikachu game though. PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure had me bouncing off a wall.

Maybe they are going to tell us that Ash's Pikachu is a female and are worried about how people will react. Sexism runs deep in the pokemon fandom, you know.

Maybe they are going to tell us that Ash's Pikachu is a female and are worried about how people will react. Sexism runs deep in the pokemon fandom, you know.
Ash's Pikachu has been confirmed as a boy. Look it up on Bulbapedia.

Eh just slap the fairy type on him and your good. That will make him much more useful.
We know that Pikachu hasn't been re-typed as far as XY are concerned. So the change has to be something else, and it won't be present in XY to begin with.

Eh, they can change it for the game then add it in later. Also I don't see what else would change their oppinion of Pikachu. Mega evolution wouldn't as they could just choose to not evolve it.

Although they can make it a fairy type with Mega evolution I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom