Search results for query: *

• Users: Persephone
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Persephone

MATURE: Broken Things
    Threadmarks: Normal 1.1

Note on Representation This story deals with analogues to real world groups, albeit through an alternate universe lens. I have personal experience with some, but definitely not all of the things this story deals with. I have tried to read enough to not make big mistakes in my knowledge gaps, but...
  2. Persephone

HELP: Ultra Fan Fic OU Survey

Hi, A few months ago I ran a survey to get hard data on what pokemon were the most common in fan fiction. But that survey had limits. Notably, I had to compile every single entry by hand. I also rejected entries with fewer than six pokemon input (which was almost half of them) and there was a...
  3. Persephone

ACADEMY: Camping

Camping Since players were introduced to Viridian Forest in 1996, wilderness travel has held a place in the pokémon franchise. However, it is a part that canon has been unwilling to explore in much detail. This has left open a variety of interpretations as to how trainers would really get...
  4. Persephone

EVERYONE: The Alola Pokedex

Hi! This is a guidebook to every species in the USUM pokedex, as would be useful to a young trainer on an island quest. Everything in here is canon in guidance, my Alola journey fic. A few convention notes to begin with: -The evolutionary line as a whole is referred to as the most evolved...
  5. Persephone

HELP: How Much Do You Read

The Reply v. Review thread made me wonder whether or not there really is a glut of readers who have read things but then felt like they couldn't leave a review so they didn't. So... Go to the workshop and look at all the fics that have had posts in the thread in the last 30 days. How many of...
  6. Persephone

HELP: Com 'mons Survey [Finished, OU Posted]

I'm doing a survey to figure out what the most overused 'mons in fan fiction really are. It would be appreciated if you could fill it out. Fan fiction survey
  7. Persephone

TEEN: guidance
    Threadmarks: Prologue

Cast Page: Contains Spoilers prologue: thawing They’re talking about you again. You don’t understand many of the words, but you know the tone. Talking more in breath than sound, trying to sound quieter than they really are. The same mock concern they take on the moment they turn away from...
  8. Persephone

DISCUSSION: Matchmaking Thread

This thread is a place to to basically look at one character and figure out other ones on the forum they could have a decent romantic pairing with. And then speculate about that. I might write some very casual fan fics of fan fics. Who knows. Current victim: Kimberly Fairbrooke, Land of the...
  9. Persephone

DISCUSSION: Shiny Pokemon in Fan Fiction

I read a lot of fan fic and something I've noticed over the years is that the ratio of shiny pokemon to normal pokemon is definitely not 4000-1. And it doesn't follow any pattern where "new" users use it and older ones don't. @diamondpearl876 is a workshop champion and the head moderator of the...
  10. Persephone

MATURE: Iterations

PROLOGUE: VAIRA a story: You feel an unexpected calm as you stand over the corpse of your only human friend. This... this was not how things were supposed to go. You were supposed to be a team out to save the world for your patron gods. Instead you couldn't even save one teammate from the...
  11. Persephone

How much have you read?

As the project manager of Crossover Battles and a frequent awards judge, I was curious how many other fan fics the average contributor here has actually read on site. I assume it's a fair bit most of the time, because it's a forum devoted to writing and reading, but then there are always people...
  12. Persephone

TEEN: The Ninth Lord

Synopsis: As the Empire of Hoenn unravels, the would-be-heir to the throne travels the land to end a curse. Content Notice: There will be violence and sexual innuendo, but nothing graphic will be portrayed. Cursing will be moderate (a few d-words, maybe an s-word every once in a great while)...
  13. Persephone

TEEN: Crossover Battles (Cynthia Carter v. Steven Stone)

Hello and welcome to Crossover Battles. What the hell is a Crossover Battle? Well, glad you asked. Crossover Battles will pit one character in the site's fan fiction archives against another in a simulated battle. And before you ask, yes, we got permission to use the characters that a project...
  14. Persephone

MATURE: Vaira: The Legacy of Cyrus

Content Warnings: Synopsis: Over four decades after the Spear Pillar incident, the oldest legendary Pokemon summon three outsiders to save the world from threats supernatural and political. Chapter List: Prologue: The First Apocalypse Mountains and Molehills Chapter One: Psychedelic Death...
  15. Persephone

Making Time For Writing

A lot is said of inspiration and getting in the mood for writing in this community and others. Another prominent school of thought holds that writing is less about inspiration and more about sitting yourself down in typing. For now I will ignore that debate. Either way, but especially in the...
  16. Persephone

COMPLETE: Hard Reset (EVERYONE)

I woke up in Pallet Town. The color of pure white beginnings. I was back again after defeating the Elite Four for the forty-eighth time. I had heard somewhere, I forget where, that on the fiftieth I would finally get to become Champion. Yes, the Champ himself. Not just a perpetual member of the...
  17. Persephone

TEEN: Backgrounds

I've posted this fic elsewhere. It deals a lot with deconstructing religion, politics, technology, etc. Some portions are rather dark. In general I try to limit swearing but in a somewhat realistic story based around teenagers, it happens. Little on-screen violence above normal Pokemon battle...
Back
Top Bottom