• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HELP: How Much Do You Read

How many fics updated in the last 30 days that you didn't write are you caught up with?

Votes: 2 20.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10

• 10+

• All Of Them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Persephone

The Vulture Queen
Reaction score
The Reply v. Review thread made me wonder whether or not there really is a glut of readers who have read things but then felt like they couldn't leave a review so they didn't.

So... Go to the workshop and look at all the fics that have had posts in the thread in the last 30 days. How many of these have you read? And, because I can only do one poll question, if you haven't posted in them, please post below if you are current with a fic (or multiple) and haven't posted a reply/review. Why is that?

Thank you.

EDIT: I'm only current with 1 on the front page. I'm not trying to judge. My main point is that I think the "why are there so few replies" query in the other thread is best answered with "because there are relatively few reads."

Last edited:
I think the notion that there are many silent readers is because we can see that the view counters on our threads are much, much higher than the number of comments. 2012!DE has over 2500 hits and only 24 replies including my own. That implies either a silent majority of readers, or else that the forum is crawling with invisible bots refreshing all the pages, ha. Or perhaps very keen fans refreshing on the daily for years on end? Who knows.

I leave a comment on everything I read, but I don't read voraciously like I used to.

Updated in the past 30 days... none, unfortunately. There are a few that I'm somewhat close to (but still not 90%), but time recently has not been on my side and I've been unable to read them.

I'm caught up with just one, but slowly advancing with another. I do try to at least glance at oneshots by new authors, too, and if I end up reading all of it, I'm sure to leave a comment.

I'm a pretty picky reader and generally terrible at keeping track of the events of several written stories at once, so I rarely pick up new multiparters.

I have not read enough to catch up for a while. I have read a little bit here and there, but I have been quite tired and bothered by work and delays in my own writing so have been behaving selfishly. However, I hope to read a lot when the awards come around!

I put 10+... thought it was just because I've had long car drives to catch up on reading this week, but no, I just read a lot of fics. :p
I was going to mock you as sucking up to the teacher, but I guess you are the teacher, so I don't want to finish that thought now....

For today’s class, we will be splitting up into groups which will all be assigned a one-shot to read and — oh, not that kind of teacher

Nah, but I’ve always had a knack for taking on more than I can chew. Doesn’t help that I try to keep up activity on two forums. :p No regrets outside of never having time to read books actually sitting on my shelves at home that I’ve been meaning to pick up again for forever.

I'm gonna try to read a lot more in the future but I have this tendency to pile obligations on myself over and over. It's tough.

I’m at 6, but I feel like it’s cheating to say that since I’ve reviewed almost none of those, and probably won’t be able to until I get a computer again.

Luckily, I cleverly make up for my lack of reading by replacing all chapter updates with shitpost, so as to not force anyone else to read, either.

No regrets outside of never having time to read books actually sitting on my shelves at home that I’ve been meaning to pick up again for forever.
See, I get paid to do book reviews so I kind of have to read books, which means why I want to read something, I kind of have to go towards those.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom