Search results for query: *

• Users: Blast
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Blast

Battle Tree Generations Challenge

Introducing the Battle Tree Generations Challenge! Because of the lack of battle facility in the newer games, I've decided to challenge myself to get to at least 50 wins in the last true battle facility, USUM's Battle Tree, with teams hailing solely from a single generation. All Battle Tree...
  2. Blast

Is Volo Relatively the Strongest Trainer We've Ever Seen?

Let me elaborate on the question. We've seen many strong Trainers in the main series Pokémon games. However, could Volo lorewise be considered the strongest Trainer relative to his time period and peers? Unlike any other Trainer we've seen previously, Volo has trained his Pokémon in a time when...
  3. Blast

PLA Quickfixes

While I think PLA is a great game and super fun game at its, there's some minor issues I have that seem to me like they would be easy to fix in an update or a possible next installment of the Legends series. I'm not talking about fundamental changes to gameplay elements, engine or even graphics...
  4. Blast

BDSP BDSP OST Discussion Thread

What do you think about the music in the game? I've been listening to the OSTs on Youtube and it honestly sounds really good. While I still prefer some of the original tracks, most of the updated versions hit the sweet between modern and classic for me. I also appreciate how they used a lot of...
  5. Blast

Speculation Will the potential DPP remakes feature Dynamax?

This question has been bothering me. After spending more than 500 hours with Sword and Shield and playing in many online battles, I've really come to dislike the Dynamax mechanic and I would be happy if they ditched it for future games. However, in the last remake the story and battles were...
  6. Blast

SwSh Online Features Discussion

To me, one of the most important aspects of modern Pokémon games: the ability to play, battle and trade with people from all around the world. In Pokémon Sword and Shield, there's no shortage of new online features and new ways to interact with fellow Trainers. A few examples are the new ranking...
  7. Blast

How could Pokémon work without an evil team?

From ruthless Team Rocket of the first two generations to the ambiguous Aether Foundation of Generation 7, evil teams have been a staple of the Pokémon games (other media) since the very beginning. With Sun and Moon, one of the most basic and consistent features of the Pokémon adventure, namely...
  8. Blast

How could Gyms be improved upon in future titles?

Up until Gen 7, the classic Pokémon League Gym has stayed about the same. With SM GF decided to shake things up by replacing this somewhat stale staple of main series Pokémon games, and the Island Trials were overall well received. However, it is likely that Gyms are to make a return in Gen 8...
  9. Blast

Pokémon today and the first generation

In recent years, now having reached a high point with the reveal of LGPE, a heated discussion surrounding the role of the first generation, particularly the famous 'original 151' and the Kanto region, in the Pokémon games and the franchise itself has started to brew. From my own experience, I...
  10. Blast

Obsolete: What music makes you feel the Summer heat?

It's the middle of August right now and my favorite season of Summer is in full swing! There are many artists who write songs to fit the season, especially for the summertime. On these hopefully beautiful, hot days what are your favorite songs to listen to cool off or enjoy the sunny weather more?
  11. Blast

Do you think it's bad manners to not cover your mouth when yawning?

This has been bugging me lately. A lot of the people I know yawn extensively with their uncovered mouths wide open, but no one seems to mind. I tried asking them and they told me they sometimes cover their mouths, even though they don't care when they don't. Personally, I was raised to always...
  12. Blast

What kind of new Fossil Pokémon would you like to see?

Generation 7 unfortunately did not feature any new Fossil Pokémon, meaning it's likely Generation 8 will bring them back to make up for it. So far, many popular and not so popular ancient animals have served as the inspiration for the Fossil Pokémon over the generations. However, there still...
  13. Blast

FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

The biggest sporting event of mankind is starting today, the FIFA World Cup, which is held in Russia this year. After the amazing 2014 World Cup, everyone hopes for another great tournament in celebration of The Beautiful Game. Even though my country, The Netherlands, is not competing this year...
  14. Blast

Music Vocaloid

If you've been on the internet for any amount of time, you almost certainly have seen or heard of Hatsune Miku. She is the most popular of a series of software to create electronic vocals with, called Vocaloid. Kagamine Ren and Rin, Megurine Ruka, GUMI and KAITO are other well known Vocaloids...
  15. Blast

Creepiest episodes

There are quite a few episodes with a darker atmosphere. For example, one of the episodes I remember watching when I was a kid made me feel very unsettled and even gave me a few nightmares. It was the episode from Diamond and Pearl where Ash and friends get trapped in an illusion from Mismagius...
  16. Blast

Ludicolo's design is genius

Recently, I was thinking about the third generation of Pokémon. That's when I realized how brilliant the design of Ludicolo is. I love every Pokémon, but Ludicolo is one of the Pokémon with the most intricate designs of them all. There are so many inspirirations and themes worked into his...
  17. Blast

I just drank vegetable juice for the first time

Frankly, it was one of the most digusting substances I've ever had the displeasure of consuming, maybe even worse than water with partly dissolved medicine. I had to hold my nose to lessen the flavour. The experience has scarred me deeply. That's why I am curious, what do you think of vegetable...
  18. Blast

Why does no one seem to care about FireRed and LeafGreen?

Along with RSE, FRLG are my favorite Pokémon games of them all. However, from my experience not very many people appear to share my love for the Kanto remakes. The music was great, the sprites looked good, it introduced a brand new playable character in the form of Leaf and it had all the...
  19. Blast

GEN VII: LF: Regenerator Foongus

If someone would trade me a Regenerator Foongus, I'd make me very happy. I have various IV bred Pokémon with Egg moves and special Balls, including Honedge, Bagon, Larvitar, Cottonee and Starly, but I'm also okay with a tradeback. Please let me know if you're interested and thanks in advance!
  20. Blast

A new battle facility

It's been about 7 years since a new Pokémon game featured a Battle Frontier, but since then every game has featured a replacement for at least the Battle Tower (Battle Maison, Battle Tree, Battle Subway). What's more, the second games of the past 2 Generations has added their own battle facility...
Back
Top Bottom