Search results for query: *

• Users: technickal
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. technickal

Interview with James Carter Cathcart

I found a special treat for those who follow the English dub; a podcast interview with its longest-running script writer and voice actors, none other than Gary Oak himself: Jimmy Zoppi/Billy Beach/(James) Carter Cathcart! It’s conducted by Christopher Niosi (Kirbopher), a fellow voice actor on...
  2. technickal

Why did they drop the "no evil Pokémon" concept?

I always thought it was an interesting concept, disproving the claims that Pokémon are inherently monsters (despite being formally called "pocket monsters" in Japanese). But recently this has been outright contradicted with the Malamar in XY and Jessie's Mimikyu is SM. The former somewhat...
  3. technickal

Love or Hate: Team Rocket trio

Probably of the anime's most divisive characters, the Team Rocket trio debuted in the second episode and proceeded to appear in every episode for the rest of the first three series. They've drawn some ire for showing up in episodes when it would be better for them not to, but have an equally...
  4. technickal

Review Pokémon the Series: XY(Z)

So, I promised I'd do this last week, and now is the time, so here goes. Is XY the best series? Yes. But it's not perfect. First, let's talk about Ash himself. He's undoubtedly at his most competent yet. The usual "skill reset" at the beginning of each series was averted, and he's on a roll...
  5. technickal

I think I've figured out TPCi's music replacement practices.

Basically, if it's not a cover of a song from the games, it's got to go. This is demonstrated with the most commonly kept songs: the title card theme (Obtained a Gym Badge!), the movie title card theme (Opening Movie), Battle! (Wild Pokémon), Battle! (Trainer Battle), Clemont's invention theme...
  6. technickal

Do you think Ash has a chance of getting second place in the Kalos League?

I wouldn't put it out of the question, seeing as even with the Tobias fiasco, he finished in the Top 4 (either 3rd or 4th place) back in Sinnoh. It could be a way of having him progress while still upholding the status quo.
  7. technickal

An oddity I noticed about the dub

So I was watching a clip of XY040 (Day Three Blockbusters!) on Cartoon Network's website, and noticed something. Serena calls a Pokémon Showcase a "Pokétacular". I assumed this was just a case of the dub being inconsistent that I didn't notice on my first watch, but I rewatched the full episode...
  8. technickal

The dub should credit voice actors by role like in the Japanese version...

...instead of only giving a list of the voice actors who were involved in the episode in the credits, with no mention to roles. This would certainly be easier for those who are interested in who did whom, and also I imagine the VAs themselves would be happy getting role-specific credit. I don't...
  9. technickal

Who localizes the games?

We all know the anime was dubbed by The Pokémon Company International (formerly 4Kids Entertainment), and all of the manga series were translated by VIZ Media (and formerly Chaung Yi). But I've received conflicting reports on who localizes the games. Sometimes I've heard Nintendo of America...
  10. technickal

Serena and Clemont, and Ash and Bonnie haven't interacted that much

And no, I don't mean that in a shippy way.
  11. technickal

Chances of Hoopa's Appear and the Cosplay Pikachu special getting dubbed?

I really want to watch them, but don't want to have to watch them twice (original and dubbed). I know TPCi doesn't usually dub side stories, but they've dubbed movie prologues before (Mewtwo-Prologue to Awakening and Diancie: Princess of the Diamond Domain) and of course they've dubbed the Mega...
  12. technickal

If Ash got a Key Stone...

What accessory would he put it in? A Mega Ring? A Mega Glove? Maybe a Mega Hat, seeing it's one of the most prominent features of his clothing? Or would he just carry it around in his backpack?
  13. technickal

Review S18 EP13: An Oasis of Hope!

XY061 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia Please keep future events in spoiler tags. Thank you.
  14. technickal

Review S18 EP12: A Showcase Debut!

XY060 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia Please keep future events in spoiler tags. Thank you.
  15. technickal

Why the Japanese music is replaced

Second Interview with Masamitsu Hidaka - Many Interesting Points! - PokéBeach (July 4th, 2008) « Website News « PokéBeach (Go to Find in Page and search "background music") Apparently the American and international dubbers do not have the rights to the Japanese music (especially the lyrical...
  16. technickal

Why is the dub so fickle on death?

Has anyone else noticed that the dub seems to jump back and forth on emphasizing and then trying to veil death? It's not just the 4Kids dub, either. TPCi has been doing it too recently. So we have death emphasized in episodes like Charmander – The Stray Pokémon where they don't even hesitate...
  17. technickal

"Team Rocket?" "They're really bad guys who steal other people's Pokémon."

Is anyone else getting tired of this exchange from the XY series? It seems like every time a character of the day shows up, we get this. Also, I watch the English dub. Is it better/worse in other language dubs (specifically the Japanese version)?
  18. technickal

Next dub opening?

As we all know, the first XY series dub season has come and gone, and 4? new episodes have been announced. Now usually when the dub changes seasons a new dub opening comes along with it. Just like all dub openings, it will undoubtedly feature clips from its Japanese counterpart, "Mad-Paced...
  19. technickal

I better go too?

I never understood the line you see when watching Stand by Me the movie in your house in the Kanto games. Is Red talking for once? Or is this a silly mistranslation? (What does the line say in Japanese?)
  20. technickal

How will James's Inkay evolve?

Will James pull a 3DS out of hammerspace and hold it upside down?
Back
Top Bottom