Search results for query: *

1. C

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

For a Trick Room Togekiss with a 70 power HP Ice, use a 2 IV in speed and any attack IV with a remainder of 3 when divided by 4. You might as well go with 3 to reduce confusion damage if you're online, but otherwise, anything fitting that formula will work. That includes 31, incidentally...
  2. C

Re: Passing Speed to certain Pokemon; are they worth it? Run Adamant instead. 252 Spe neutral still beats max speed Electrode, so unless you're in Ubers or feel like you can do anything against opposing Ninjask (which you kind of can't), you might as well run Adamant.
  3. C

Maybe I should experiment myself then.
  4. C

For moves that deal double damage during the semi-invulnerable turns of other moves (Gust and Twister for Fly, Surf and Whirlpool for Dive, and Earthquake and Magnitude for Dig), does anyone know where in the damage formula the doubling takes place? The Bulbapedia pages seem to imply that it is...
  5. C

-Protect -Substitute -Super Fang -Brine ^Awesomest Walrein set.
  6. C

Damn. Oh well. I guess that's where I got the idea then. While it's true that Thunder Wave completely outclasses Icy Wind in singles, in doubles, switching is much less common and Icy Wind is a double-hit. Dual speed drops are very helpful. Especially when Togekiss can be EVd to outspeed...
  7. C

Technically, Technician boost is added before STAB in the damage formula, but it doesn't really matter. Multiplication is commutative. It'll come out to 90 no matter what order you do it in. And if it says the base power is 60 or below, you can do the Technician part. No need to worry that...
  8. C

Yes, the 'number' thing is the absolute value of the stage. So you would still put 1 in for a -1 stat, you would just put it in the other formula. Integer division means it's always floored. So it would be 442. You can check that here.
  9. C

That's close enough (although only integers are considered in the actual damage formula, there are more things to deal with too, and you'll only be off by a little). However, the standard in competitive battle is to multiply the move power in weather, since it only applies to certain moves and...
  10. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos While it technically is, people don't mind rating them outside of the In-Game thread, since they actually require strategy and not just "level them more and buy tons of items". Wait - dammit. Sorry about...
  11. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos You should not use Shadow Force. Unless you're not being competitive.
  12. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos Hmmm... well, Lucario hits hard with Shadow Claw and Close Combat to clean up the mess.
  13. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos Ok, so people here seem to be leaning towards Timid Jumpluff. The few other people I asked also did. I realized that because EVs on Subseed Jumpluff are set up to equalize the defenses, I could do a direct...
  14. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos Ok, so I want to make a Subseed Jumpluff (Subseed, Sleep Powder, Encore), and I have two potential candidates: Jolly 22-23/x/30-31/x/30-31/31 Timid 30-31/x/30-31/x/26-27/31 I'm kind of leaning towards the...
  15. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos I'm going to assume Ninjask is leading here, since that's pretty much the only way to do it. With a Protect / Focus Sash Ninjask, you can guarantee a +2 Atk +3 Spe pass to any Pokemon by using Protect, SD...
  16. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos Don't run Jolly on Ninjask. You can still outrun Aerodactyl with a neutral nature and 158 Spe EVs. Go with Adamant if you have any attack moves at all. Also, why Aerial Ace on the first set when you could...
  17. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos If you're in Johto, you can get HP EVs by surfing in Slowpoke Well. I believe there are only Slowpoke and Slobro there.
  18. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos I've been SRing for a Ho-Oh in Heart Gold and I got an Adamant one with 13-14/27-28/14-15/x/8-9/30. The defenses suck, and the standard Ho-Oh seems to rely on its bulk a lot, as it is rather slow in Ubers...
  19. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos I haven't played in new UU at all. But I looked into speed a bit just now since it was interesting. So. Running Jolly instead of Adamant on Hitmonlee lets you outspeed neutral base 100s. If you take...
  20. C

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for RMT! (Read First Pos Steelix double-resists Rock, whereas Golem only single resists. Steelix has more defense, covering Mantine's physical weakness. Both are immune to Electric. Mantine resists or is immune to all of Steelix's...
Back
Top Bottom