• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

Gravity should really only be used on a ful blown gravity team, but I think jirachi is mostly used as a lead with this set:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Gravity
- Wish
- Thunder

this is mostly so it can support other gravity sweepers and do some damage. Its used as a lead mostly.
Well like I said, I can't change the nature at this point. But you know what? I just realized my set's completely decimated by Magnezone's "Steel Killer" set. And a -Atk nature means Fire Punch will most likely not be a one-hit KO on the flying saucer, doesn't it? Argh.

Also, I just EV trained a sweeper Yanmega today. The moveset I have planned is Protect, Air Slash, Bug Buzz, and either Shadow Ball or AncientPower. Shadow Ball covers Ghost-types, but AncientPower is a surprise Super-Effective hit on Staraptor and Gyarados (among others). Which one should I go with?

Re: I swear I didn't know we had a *Simple Questions thread* for BST! (Read First Pos

Neither. Hypnosis is standard for the last slot.

Neither. Hypnosis is standard for the last slot.
Huh? Oh...I guess I should explain, I was gonna run the Life Orb Sweeper set (substituting with Wise Glasses), not the Lead set. Sorry. :-/

EDIT: I just caught a Timid-natured Muddy Water Horsea, but the only Timid set on Smogon is the Choice Specs set. Would there be any advantages to running a Timid Rain Dance Sweeper? As in, would there be anything it'd outspeed that a Modest-natured one wouldn't?

Last edited:

Ok, so I want to make a Subseed Jumpluff (Subseed, Sleep Powder, Encore), and I have two potential candidates:

Jolly 22-23/x/30-31/x/30-31/31
Timid 30-31/x/30-31/x/26-27/31

I'm kind of leaning towards the Jolly one, since Leech Seed will restore a greater percentage of my health if my overall health is lower. I believe this makes it better to choose a defensive drop in HP as opposed to SpDef.

I dunno though, what would you guys do?

I'd go for the Jolly one due to a few reasons:
1) Yes leach seed will restore more when needed.
2) I usually play more of Heavy offense so Timid- not really.

think about it like this:
the defense in both are equal
HP and the jolly's special defense are "equal"
jolly's HP is lower than timid's SPD, so go timid.

And what does Heavy offense have to do with timid/jolly arguement, since there are no attacking moves

Ok, so I want to make a Subseed Jumpluff (Subseed, Sleep Powder, Encore), and I have two potential candidates:

Jolly 22-23/x/30-31/x/30-31/31
Timid 30-31/x/30-31/x/26-27/31

I'm kind of leaning towards the Jolly one, since Leech Seed will restore a greater percentage of my health if my overall health is lower. I believe this makes it better to choose a defensive drop in HP as opposed to SpDef.

I dunno though, what would you guys do?

I recommend that you use the Timid one and give the Jolly one to me :D

Does magnet pull prevent both pokemon from switching out, or just the foe?

Ok, so people here seem to be leaning towards Timid Jumpluff. The few other people I asked also did. I realized that because EVs on Subseed Jumpluff are set up to equalize the defenses, I could do a direct and easy numerical analysis of bulk.

Any way you look at it, the Timid Jumpluff is 1.9% bulkier than the Jolly one. So Timid it is, I guess.

What is the best (Non Uber)Parnter for Linoone to kill off Steels and Ghosts? Me and a few Friends are having a Tag team tournament, where we have to use only two pokemon. One was randomly selcted from a Pokemon generator (I got Linoone) and the other is our choice.

Hmmm... well, Lucario hits hard with Shadow Claw and Close Combat to clean up the mess.

scarf salamence or flygon can kill them with crunch and fireblast (and EQ). Miltank/khangaskhan with scrappy focus punch do the trick, but need a sub

I have a question for hacked pokemon D:

For competitive battling, is it illegal to use a Pokemon, that can legitimately learn a certain move, but obtained the move through hacking? D:

Cause I had this Umbreon, and it was the one I got straight from Bill, so it couldn't possibly have any egg moves. But my friend PokeSav'd it and taught it Curse, which is an egg move for Eevee >_> Is that illegal? D:

(I only wanted it to get Curse cause it was already lvl 50, and I didn't wanna restart @.@)

well, they could prove it was hacked by looking at where you got it,since curse in an egg move,and it does not say "hatched in blababalabala" so, if they saw that, you won't be able to use it

NOO D: LOL. That totally sucks for me xD I'm praying nobody sees my Umbreon's summary >_>

Last edited:

you could just breed a new eevee and raise it. That'd be faster than you think. The only 'slow' thing is to raise its happiness, but thats not too hard if you're doing some breeding projects on the side.

So, I was looking at what Dragonite could learn, and I came up with this set. How viable would it be?

Dragonite @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Modest/Timid
252 SpA/240 Spe/12 HP
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Surf/Thunderbolt
- Agility
Agility the switch, and Dragon/Fire for near-unresisted coverage. Surf hits Heatran for super effective damage, while Thunderbolt takes care of Gyarados and does neutral damage to Heatran.

Last edited:

I'm trying to train a Gengar for a singles Battle Tower team as my lead, to be paired with a Spore Punch Breloom and something tank-ish, maybe a Dusknoir or a Togekiss. The goal is to take someone out with a couple of swift blows, then finish a second pokemon off with Destiny Bond. Here's what I have so far, but I would greatly appreciate some suggestions for a third move:

Gengar (Agatha) @ Focus Sash / Timid
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP (already trained, with a bonus 30/31 SpA IV)

Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Destiny Bond
----?

I suggest Focus Blast. It covers what Shadow Ball and T-Bolt can't perfectly. Energy Ball or Psychic if the accuracy is a turnoff.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom