Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Yes, that would be a good idea. For example, in my novelization of Breath of Fire 3 that I attempted years ago I played the actual game alongside writing it so I could get actual in-game dialog and ensure I had all the details and story elements right. Obviously I had some of my own twists...
  2. CynthiaLover

I have a question on how to make a certain fight in an upcoming chapter in Shooting Star Rider feel interesting. For context, I'm getting to the point in the series where the concept of Viron Fusion (where Virons fuse with hosts, usually humans) will be "properly" introduced (it was hinted and...
  3. CynthiaLover

I wanted to bounce an idea off of you all regarding Psychic Duelist Django. To start, remember in the Yu-Gi-Oh DM anime where Marik was leading the Rare Hunters? Yet when Marik reformed and Yami Marik was destroyed the Rare Hunters seemed to disappear. That left some interesting fridge horror...
  4. CynthiaLover

Don't I know that feeling all too well. Many series of mine tend to come out great in concept stages, but the actually writing the series sometimes runs headlong into a brick wall, causing me to either abandon the idea, try to fix it but get frustrated enough to give up, or the ambition level of...
  5. CynthiaLover

For the past few hours I've been brainstorming the final details on the "main antagonists" of Shooting Star Rider: Galvatron and Strika, and I want some advice/ideas on how to flesh them out more. I won't go into too many details so not to spoil things but these two are the main driving force...
  6. CynthiaLover

That can work, yeah. But you need to remember that it's not two humans as a gimmick team. It's a team of a human and Cyber Guardian (which are in essence, like a NetNavi from Battle Network). So it can't be something like two sisters or whatnot, since Cyber Guardians are digital entities. But a...
  7. CynthiaLover

Need a little advice/help regarding an idea I have for Shooting Star Rider. I'm trying to come up with gimmick teams for recurring and/or side characters. By that I mean an Operator and Cyber Guardian combo that has a theme and/or gimmick to them. There are already some pairs with gimmicks to...
  8. CynthiaLover

Okay, now that I've finally completed the Soul Cross List for Shooting Star Rider it's time to create their "evolved" forms: Chaos Cross. Effectively, they're similar to the Chaos Unisons from Battle Network 5, being souped-up "dark" variants of their normal counterparts, albeit they are the...
  9. CynthiaLover

@Torchic W. Pip Been jumping back and forth between the recently renewed Psychic Duelist Django series and Dawn of Courage series. Mostly focusing on the latter due to it being a bit more familiar as of this time, especially since I'm still shaking off my Dueling rust. But I've almost completed...
  10. CynthiaLover

Need some advice on how to write a certain scenario. I'm working on mapping out a chapter in Dawn of Courage where the cast (plus a CotD) is tasked with dealing with an invasion of supposedly extinct monsters infesting a large well. The "boss monster" is a Scylla that not only has a lot of...
  11. CynthiaLover

Been brainstorming a concept for a few days now that I want to try out for Dawn of Courage. However, I'm not 100% sure how to go about it. Here's the deal: there are various monsters on Edyn that most people just fight for parts (and survival). But I was thinking of doing a "special" class of...
  12. CynthiaLover

Taking a break from writing this week as the week is loaded with various events. Ranging from car inspections to doctor visits to luncheons, so I'm not going to have a lot of time to write this week. I can, at least, post the newest chapters that I got back from my proofreader, freshly edited...
  13. CynthiaLover

Hey, hope everyone's doing okay. How's the writing been going? After an unintended break (the shifting weather got to me again) I finally got back on the writing trail, completing two chapters today. Nothing outstanding, with one being a combat-focused chapter (with some humor peppered in) and...
  14. CynthiaLover

Well, in relation to my previous post, the "World's Largest Garage Sale" has come to a close. Finally. Everyone has packed up and the streets are starting to return to some form of normality. Until next year. As a result I wrote seven chapters in Dawn of Courage during the weekend. Since I...
  15. CynthiaLover

Well, I may not like being cooped up in my apartment because of the fact that my area is having its annual "World's Largest Garage Sale", it does give me a reason to sit down and write. And write I have, as I got two chapters for Dawn of Courage done in one day. And this is despite having...
  16. CynthiaLover

Forgive the double post but how is everyone doing on the writing front lately? Hopefully no one has had any problems like lost/corrupted data, power outages, or worst of all... dun dun dun ...writer's block. Hopefully everyone's creativity gears are well greased and doing good. As for me, I...
  17. CynthiaLover

That's great to hear. The goal is in sight and I know you can do it. Just keep on truckin' and you'll reach it in no time. As for me, I'm doing fairly well. As evident by the "What Did You Write Today" thread, I've managed to get a good 4 chapters done for Dawn of Courage in rapid succession...
  18. CynthiaLover

After a lot of thought (and keeping me up at night) I've decided to expand on the whole Shaman magic thing that I mentioned earlier as a means of giving the cast more abilities to work with along with giving the series more lore. I've decided that there are two different methods of using Shaman...
  19. CynthiaLover

I want some advice on a concept that will eventually happen in my newest series. Long story short, at one point Nina has to enter Nova's mind via shaman magic, a rare and rather unique branch of magic, in order to remove a splinter of Muu's evil that has trapped Nova in a magical coma and...
  20. CynthiaLover

I need a little feedback on a concept in my new series Dawn of Courage. As I stated in the "Need a Name" thread I was going to introduce a Werecat character (who I just named Eoleo due to another before bed burst... despite having a migraine...) who will be chasing after Nina and acting as a...
Back
Top Bottom