Search results for query: *

1. Daren

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I wouldn't underestimate how much getting into Smash would have helped Greninja's popularity ahead of the anime adding him; it probably got Fire Emblem brought into the west after it was Japan-only for over a decade.
  2. Daren

I think TPC's attempts to bury Greninja in favor of Charizard are the reason he fell so hard in the polls, really. It's been a while but I believe Greninja was already popular before XYZ started and Ash received one.
  3. Daren

Hopefully it would end better than it did that time.
  4. Daren

I tend to agree. I think that part of the "ace problem" is that most casts have just had way too many characters between the main cast and their Pokémon, Team Rocket, rivals, and so on. If no one on the cast is going on a badge quest and therefore needs a large party keeping it smaller may be a...
  5. Daren

I don't know if he'll be in Horizons, but I can't imagine Ash never returning in some form, though it may well be a reboot of him and not the OG.
  6. Daren

I'm still bemused that a Pokémon becoming incredibly popular due to having a bunch of evolutions resulted in attempts to shove the evolutions out of the spotlight in favour of the base form. Truly a decision of all time.
  7. Daren

Honestly, as much as I'll defend the general storyline of gen 1 it was pretty bad in terms of how it treated the Pokémon themselves. Pikachu and the Kanto trio were the main focuses among the protagonists and everyone else was just sort of there once their intro storyline was finished. Looking...
  8. Daren

I do wonder if they have one more full battle hidden up their sleeve for the end--maybe even finally have Giovanni battled and defeated to close out Ash's story. I'd like the symmetry if Totodile evolved; get all the Johto starters to midstage.
  9. Daren

It would be interesting to know why Ash didn't get a starter since it means none of them were fully linked to the main battling subplot. Maybe we'll get an end of series interview like we did in XY that could explain it. Looking ahead, of the confirmed Sc/Vio Pokémon I think there's decent odds...
  10. Daren

I was not expecting Ash to capture something in these. Wonder if it'll be permanent? And a double, no less! I don't think we've see him do that since Tauros.
  11. Daren

Same species but different individual, so I don't think it's really any funnier than Ash getting a Lucario after the Unova league, or having a Charizard before the Kalos league.
  12. Daren

I suspect the name is the problem rather than how the move looks.
  13. Daren

Also Ash's Gible was caught in episode 157. Way later than this and likely proportionally closer to the end.
  14. Daren

According to the Pokémon of the year 2020 poll, the most popular Hoenn mon are: 1 Rayquaza 2 Gardevoir 3 Flygon 4 Sceptile 5 Blaziken Rayquza is...not happening. No. Gou already has Flygon, Ash already has Sceptile. I guess the other two are possible, but both seem unlikely.
  15. Daren

I lean towards agreement right now; with Dracovish he now has a full party. I could be wrong, it's just what my gut says.
  16. Daren

I'm expecting an XY situation where he'll have everyone but Pikachu fully evolved by the end since most of his current party already are and Farfetch'd evolving seems very likely with his seemingly upcoming arc, merchandise releases, and Sirfetch'd being a fairly prominent gen 8 Pokémon, but I...
  17. Daren

Welp, time to leave the board for the next two years. See y'all before gen 9. :p Eh, Ash got a Malmetal and Mythicals are rarer than Legendaries.
  18. Daren

Getting rid of Lucario before they did anything worth the hype would certainly make them Ash-Greninja's true successor. :p Edit: But seriously, if anything happens with Lucario my bet is mega evolution. Now that they're going back to old regions I can see them wanting to give Ash the "skipped"...
Back
Top Bottom