Search results for query: *

1. Esserise

Spoilers What are your feelings on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

I can’t even begin to wrap my head around those B2W2 reviews. What on Earth went wrong there? :confused: I know I’m speaking from the position of a long-time B2W2 parishioner, but surely any objective measure can see not only the gulf of substance between B2W2 and past revisit games, but also...
  2. Esserise

Alright, fair enough. Like I said, I wasn’t really familiar. I’m not sure I fully see the logic here. How are the Necrozma fusions extreme fanservice? Were Kyurem’s fusions extreme fanservice? How are all the old Legendaries extreme fanservice? Was it extreme fanservice when ORAS did it...
  3. Esserise

Genuine question here since I don’t have much in the way of experience with fan-games, but is it typical for fan-games to create really polished, high-end minigames like Surfing/Photo Club/Warp Ride?
  4. Esserise

Well, true. There is also the fact that they’re just not that good. (Neither of these points make me feel very confident about the Switch game.) In fairness though, nobody from GF actually said that the National Dex was coming back. That was us; we looked at the guidebooks and presumed. I...
  5. Esserise

Legend. Thank you for this. I think that’s probably part of it, although with how woefully barren SM’s locations and dungeons consistently are when this wasn’t so much of a problem just one generation ago, I am forced to believe that they really just can’t do much with the graphical scale of...
  6. Esserise

Well, I don’t really know anything about Fire Emblem, but I suppose I should clarify that I didn’t mean I wanted them to start making two totally different games - I think SM and USUM hit the sweet spot in terms of what I like to see when it comes to version differences (although having...
  7. Esserise

Plus, SM have more version-exclusive content than any previous games. Not just Pokémon or aesthetic differences (or a garbage Key System), but there’s the time of day inversion, the version-exclusive Totem Pokémon, the clothing colors and Festival Plaza shops, the Battle Tree partners, the...
  8. Esserise

B2W2 feature what is probably the absolute worst-handled case of version exclusivity in the entire franchise, with the difficulty modes...
  9. Esserise

Current status: Hype actually exists! I was always going to buy USUM, and I was always going to find them to be at least decent. That much was never in question, because I think main series Pokémon games are always “at least decent.” Essentially, the bar I will end up holding USUM to is, “How...
  10. Esserise

Given that they’re not “too focused on Switch” to add new Ultra Beasts, characters, story elements, forms for other Pokémon, moves, and entire features altogether, we can rule this one out.
  11. Esserise

I like to tell myself that, but then I just feel like I’m grasping at straws. They’re usually pretty information-heavy with their promotional campaigns, and they’ve never held back on revealing new forms before (perhaps the most succinct example of these two points would be the ORAS prerelease...
  12. Esserise

I just want to see more Alola Forms at this point; I can take or leave anything else like Walking Pokémon (even though I do think that would be a good idea). More Alola Forms, New Trials, more UB stuff, and a different story are all the things I wanted another Alola game for (and a second Alola...
  13. Esserise

Basically it’s just that there will be a special Rockruff distribution over Wi-Fi until January 10th; buy the game any time before then and you will be able to download it via Mystery Gift
  14. Esserise

In theory they could renovate Kanto so much that it wouldn’t feel like even remotely the same experience as the past four times, two of which were just scaled-down gratuitous bonuses anyway; Johto’s equivalent of Unova’s leftover areas. There’s a lot more of substance that they can do with...
  15. Esserise

I have considered this, but it's so different from their last several spoiler-happy promotional campaigns that it feels like wishful thinking. Yeah it's like, maybe they actually learned from the last few times and took the criticism under advisement but... it's Game Freak lol, do they actually...
  16. Esserise

It does seem that way, yeah. Probably time to accept that B2W2 were most likely an abberation, and that skipping Z was a circumstantial issue rather than an actively bold decision. This franchise is what it is, I guess, never to aim higher. Eh, to be honest I'm not too bugged about them being...
  17. Esserise

"Alternate story" doesn't have to mean "basically the same story with a few changes" or "sequel." Theoretically you could tell a totally different story with various characters in different positions than they were before, or with different motivations. Sort of like a "What if?" tale. What if...
  18. Esserise

Currently I'm somewhat annoyed/disheartened. I thought with how they went for sequels for B2W2, and then skipped an XY rehash altogether in favor of a bigger and more worthwhile project, that they'd wizened up. But so far, USUM look like a badly-stitched chimera of things that were acceptable...
  19. Esserise

Because that is what an alternative timeline is. If USUM represent an alternative timeline, then they, by nature, are not in the same timeline as SM, and so have no bearing on that story. Just like how the "Mega Evolution universe" games don't change anything about the "Non-Mega Evolution...
  20. Esserise

USUM being a different story in an alternative timeline is about the furthest you can get from retconning SM. They'd be meant to coexist, not overwrite the other.
Back
Top Bottom