Search results for query: *

1. Mr. MoonStone

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Potentially controversial, but if the new anime is a completely original, standalone story with very little connection to the current generation of games (outside of the usual promotional motions of new Pokémon and characters), then I would be ok with characters not challenging gyms.
  2. Mr. MoonStone

I hate to say it, but I really don’t like that dub title.
  3. Mr. MoonStone

Time doesn't really matter in the anime until it really matters. There's really no reason to expect to see him age any time soon.
  4. Mr. MoonStone

I don't even know if you can properly call it filler since so many meaningful things happen in terms of character development and storylines. It certainly acted as a placeholder to fill the gap between Gen I and Gen II, but so much happened that I feel like calling it filler would misrepresent...
  5. Mr. MoonStone

English VA’s would never be clued into the future of a franchise they’re dubbing though. Not saying that anyone here is trying to make that point, but asking a VA that works in dubbing or looking to them for hints of what’s yet to come won’t really amount to much.
  6. Mr. MoonStone

No, it’s not. It really is not.
  7. Mr. MoonStone

I don't know how successful Journeys was at proving anything from a story-telling perspective (as a good two-thirds of the series was severely flawed imo) other than the anime having the abilitiy to branch away from the usual dependence of a current generation's material, but I'm not disagreeing...
  8. Mr. MoonStone

I can genuinely see the show's format changing, but I'm still holding out for a Gen IX anime
  9. Mr. MoonStone

I respect your opinion, but next year is going to mark 10 years since Ash started a gym quest. That’s an entire generation of kids who have never seen him take on a gym. Now can the gym challenge be passed on to other characters while Ash does something else? Yes, of course. And I wouldn’t be...
  10. Mr. MoonStone

I…don’t want to see Ash as a parent tbh Even aging him up is a bit questionable
  11. Mr. MoonStone

Although I believe fans overthink power levels and continuity in this series way too much, the current games do make it clear that there are champion-level characters undergoing the gym challenge, which serves as more than enough justification for Ash to take take on Paldean gyms too. My point...
  12. Mr. MoonStone

Not really? Again, not going to spoil for those reading the thread that may or may not have played the game, but the entire structure of the Team Star story path is completely different to the typical villain arcs we see in the other games. It's more akin to gyms and raids as opposed to the...
  13. Mr. MoonStone

Without spoiling anything, the Scarlet and Violet games have more enough stuff to work with to center the cast's goals around one of the three story paths. Imagine a character doing the gym challenge, one pursuing the Titan Pokemon Path of Legends story (maybe even for the same story reasons you...
  14. Mr. MoonStone

I know the original post is not meant to be take seriously, but Japanese anime aimed at children have had openly gay characters in relationships (look at the ‘90s Sailor Moon anime, Cardcaptor Sakura being the ones that come to mind). I’m certain there are a number of reasons why Ash would never...
  15. Mr. MoonStone

I know the recent episode feels different, but I still think Journeys is going to end and then the Gen 9 anime will begin like business as usual.
  16. Mr. MoonStone

But why do this format in lieu of a season promoting the latest game release? I could understand with a movie or standalone spin-off (the idea of doing a PWC tournament in a 24- or 52-episode special actually sounds really cool when you think about how it could be focused just on that plot...
  17. Mr. MoonStone

This. And I see a lot of people thinking Journeys made up for this issue with the later reappearances of older characters, but the tournament was horribly handled for 3/4 of the series. I still don’t get why this was a format they chose to pursue in a supposed episodic season.
  18. Mr. MoonStone

It’s honestly way too late to do a Galar spinoff and I still don’t personally see any benefit to the Journeys formula that was adopted these past few years, but to each their own. No worries! I just hope Paldea and the Paldean Pokémon are represented well this time around and not treated like...
  19. Mr. MoonStone

I don't know what it is recently, but it actually makes me really sad when I think about how Galar won't get an anime to itself. I've had my ups & downs with the Sword and Shield games, but the region has always been a high point for me, so to see it never get adapted in a full series anime just...
  20. Mr. MoonStone

I remember being so annoyed when Goodra left and then Ash got Noibat as an egg :bulbaFacepalm: I just didn't understand the point of replacing a "new" team member (and his first fully-evolved pseudo-legendary) with another dragon type that was showcased by other characters at that point. And...
Back
Top Bottom