Search results for query: *

1. Oriden

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Them selling Platinum DLC is a huge hypothetical, though. Like I pointed out, it's not likely because most of it is already there and the one thing that's missing has already been labeled "not worth adding" in the past. And the nickle and diming might be true of games in general, but for...
  2. Oriden

Because the times are different now. DLC is a thing. You don't have to buy an entire game over again for a little added content. Platinum cost the same amount as Diamond and Pearl, they didn't charge extra for the little bit that was changed or added. If you didn't buy Diamond or Pearl, you...
  3. Oriden

Yeah? Kind of my point- if they bothered to add any Platinum DLC, it would be so minimal that it wouldn't be worth charging for it.
  4. Oriden

Platinum was released in a time when DLC wasn't a thing, so your only option was to pay for an entire game. There was no other means of releasing that. But what did Platinum even actually add? New forms for pokemon (which are already available in BDSP), Distortion World (which would be...
  5. Oriden

Platinum doesn't even add that much to warrant paid DLC?
  6. Oriden

It's more that Pokemon is mainly playable offline with minimal online content, and historically anything that required online in any capacity just became unusable once the servers for it went down. The series has also just been building up from the same code all these years, it has more in...
  7. Oriden

I honestly don't know. I couldn't find any information on any license checks or anything of that sort for the Switch. Pokemon doesn't seem like the type of series that would do that, though, so I wouldn't worry about it.
  8. Oriden

Deleted my post to doublecheck my info. So yeah, the license thing is an issue on the Playstation devices apparently due to the achievement system. It's designed that way to prevent achievement abuse. On the Nintendo Switch, it seems we're better off because even if you get banned, you can...
  9. Oriden

The answer would be no because the license is on a timer and your system doesn't need the internet to keep track of time, it uses an internal battery. And if the battery dies or something happens to your system, the default is to terminate your license until you can connect to the company's...
  10. Oriden

No, because I'm talking about what is actually available in BDSP, not available via transfer. Plus they're not readily available because ORAS and the 3DS aren't widely being sold anymore.
  11. Oriden

No, they've actually copy-pasted game data for generations now. The Azure Flute has been in every game since Gen 4 despite never being used because they just copied the whole item list over each time. And it would be pretty insane for them to have to completely recode all of the moves and...
  12. Oriden

What Tech said about the graphics. Those needed a bit more than just copy-paste. As for the Platinum source code not being used- I don't think it's as simple as just adding the versions exclusives from Diamond and Pearl. Platinum had pretty much entirely different encounter rates, so they would...
  13. Oriden

I don't think it's weird. XD I think it's sad that some of the more amusing but harmless things will probably eventually be patched, because this is hilarious- https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qz8py9/following_pok%C3%A9mon_clashes_with_cutscenes/ Kind of a shame we aren't likely to...
  14. Oriden

There's the Nobles and wardens and definitely a story to play through, as well... I don't really see it being any different than the other games in the filling the pokedex regard other than that they expanded how you can complete the dex.
  15. Oriden

Yeah... while I feel like we should probably forgive ILCA for releasing an unfinished game due to the pandemic, the lack of additional content is rather upsetting given the hardware and the price tag.
  16. Oriden

I think another thing to keep in mind when comparing BDSP to FRLG and HGSS is that the reason those two were made was because you couldn't trade from Gen 2 to Gen 3. The first two generations needed remakes due to that incompatibility. So while BDSP may have about as much added content as HGSS...
  17. Oriden

Huh. I didn't know they even let you nickname traded pokemon now. That used to be impossible- which is probably why BDSP doesn't have it. Yay nostalgia?
  18. Oriden

Sounds like how it worked back in Gen 4? Unless I'm misreading. It was distributed evenly among the rest of the party. So if you had a larger party, they would gain less exp. I think I misread.
  19. Oriden

While I think tutorials should be skippable (I know how to catch pokemon already, dangit), it's just that every game I've ever played that had a tutorial area, myself and most people I know either rapidly clicked through it in order to get to the rest of the game already or skipped if you could...
  20. Oriden

Those have been gradually improving, but that has never been on the level of having game aspects outright missing, so yeah, pokemon has never been this bad. It's not so much that I think anyone is struggling to learn the mechanics as much as LGPE and BDSP being overall less overwhelming...
Back
Top Bottom