Search results for query: *

1. S

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I have a new way to summarize and slap a label on all of the pre-release criticism: Pokemon (as a game series) is becoming the new Call of Duty. And that's pretty scary.
  2. S

Aaand now that they've revealed Gigantimaxing, basically an extension of Dynamaxing but the gigamax Pokemon has a new design exclusive to that state. So the picture about GF needing more development time per species is a bit more clear, because at least some Pokemon actually have two models...
  3. S

I tend to do that, too. Keep them where the experiences are most relevant.
  4. S

Now feels like a good time to say "if it ain't broke....", but the point of debate is that while some move animations look fine, a lot more just aren't good enough anymore. Heck, for that matter the flavor text is starting to feel old, too. Especially in comparison to series like Dragon Quest...
  5. S

Okay, that corroborates my idea of it being a toolchain problem. In fact, it's starting to sound EXACTLY like example #3 I gave earlier. Only if they are reviewing the assets as they appear in the final compiled package (i.e. as the fan dataminers did). The funny thing about compiler...
  6. S

That was a very good response and I agree, though since neither of us are actually involved in datamining, the evidence we know of, and in turn, the conclusions we can draw are very limited. And keep in mind ALL software development in general has a pragmatic definition of "broken": How do you...
  7. S

I was thinking about Sun and Moon's "Lilliegate" earlier today and I've come to the personal conclusion that maybe it was actually just a byproduct of whatever toolchain they used to compile the final game to its media. Think about this for a minute. If you download a file into 20 different...
  8. S

You'd think they should be able to at least recycle the Pokemon-Amie/Refresh animations, yes?
  9. S

Or are you referring to its aesthetics?
  10. S

I'm sorry, but what. I don't see the correlation.... Standardized move animations work like HTML fontlists, conceptually -- when an attack script needs to call a specific animation, it also specifies secondary animations that can be used as a fallback if the object doesn't have the first...
  11. S

Okay, stop. Remember the days when monsters were just static graphics and didn't actually have animations? FF1 through FF6, Pokemon through Gen 5, etc. You got to see some kind of visual effect onscreen, but it was otherwise left to your imagination how the monster would actually move/animate...
  12. S

Oh yes: One of the biggest new features of Sword/Shield will be the seamless "Wild Area", promising to be the closest to an open-world Pokemon game we've ever gotten. Go look at an assembled route map of Kanto and how much of that map poster did we actually get to set foot on, maybe 10%? Then...
  13. S

So is Dragon Quest. Or Mario Kart. Or Tetris. With the small caveat that this is based on early impressions of incomplete information. Still, early impressions are certainly powerful, sometimes even prophetic. I can agree that there are areas where Game Freak's internal Pokemon game engine...
Back
Top Bottom