• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I really don't see what these statements are supposed to mean besides "people shouldn't talk about it anymore".

You could take it as Blockhead stated and just let us both end this so we can all move on from it

It shows that it brings the worst out in one person.

Cmon Tech, we all know it's never just one. Someone else would be willing to do the same

How can you be so sure that stopping one group leads to toxicity, while stopping another leads to everything working out fine? The people holding these opinions are individuals with their own characters that will respond differently-they're not a hivemind with a predictable outcome.

After being on the after for a long time, people can be more predictable than you think, especially with controversy's like this. Trust me, if one side wins they gain this sense rub it in peoples faces and how they're objectively right or whatever, which then is the time to convince people the whole things over and just let it die. Then things cold quiet down.

But why tell that to the people that aren't causing it? If you're going to tell people to stop the negativity, why not tell the people who are actually doing it?

Cause nobody else actually listens. This is one of the few places willing to converse without insults thrown.

So? It's still an example of negativity. It still "shows how this brings the worst out in people", like your example of the false claims.
That's fair.

Cmon Tech, we all know it's never just one. Someone else would be willing to do the same
Well, until there's an actual case of that happening, I'm going to say it's still just one person that's done it. Because that's what it is.
After being on the after for a long time, people can be more predictable than you think, especially with controversy's like this. Trust me, if one side wins they gain this sense rub it in peoples faces and how they're objectively right or whatever, which then is the time to convince people the whole things over and just let it die. Then things cold quiet down.
So we should let the people defending the dex "rub it in people's faces", just so that people will stop talking about it?
Cause nobody else actually listens. This is one of the few places willing to converse without insults thrown.
Then why not just appreciate that fact, instead of talking about what's going on with other sites? If they're not willing to listen normally, I don't see why they would listen to what you said to other people that weren't even insulting anyone.

So we should let the people defending the dex "rub it in people's faces", just so that people will stop talking about it?

No, we stop it before it gets to that point.

Then why not just appreciate that fact, instead of talking about what's going on with other sites? If they're not willing to listen normally, I don't see why they would listen to what you said to other people that weren't even insulting anyone.

Cause while there's no toxicity in here, negativity still lingers, even outside this thread. And I don't plan on avoiding every thread cause of opinions I don't like. But as Blockhead stated, this'll all probably end when the games actually come out

Last edited:
Well for telling to spread the word of boycotting the game, calling others apologists and shills, insulting the company that gave you the games you loved for years and calling them liars, spamming twitter pages with a hashtag on anything pokemon related, and inning false accusations on an announcer (granted there's no proof it's either side). There's tons of negativity that spreads from it, even if if you try to disassociate from it. It's a matter of too side shouting one cares too much, and the other shouting they don't care enough.
You’re trying to stop people from expressing their problems in a thread in a forum where literally nothing of the sort happens?

I didn't even intend to argue. As Tech would put it, I came in to give an opinion and it turned into an argument from there
Because many people have enough emotional stakes on the issue to speak out, want the franchise to get better, not worse and it’s simply a sensitive issue, and you’re not really being sensitive towards the the people with emotional stakes in the issue. That’s just fanning the fire and grief of these people and forcing them to speak out.

And I'd like to remind you that fan feedback has changed things in past- including fundamental region design when people got lost in Sinnoh.

Because many people have enough emotional stakes on the issue to speak out, want the franchise to get better, not worse and it’s simply a sensitive issue, and you’re not really being sensitive towards the the people with emotional stakes in the issue. That’s just fanning the fire and grief of these people and forcing them to speak out.

And I'd like to remind you that fan feedback has changed things in past- including fundamental region design when people got lost in Sinnoh.
People actually got lost in Sinnoh? Though that's not the point, emotional sensitivity? I though you guys have been telling you weren't acting pouty about this. I thought you've been telling it's insulting to say you're whining, but now I have to be sensitive to those emotionally scarred?......Fine, wouldn't want to hurt people's feelings. So I'll just leave you guys alone.

So, a new trailer for masters has been released and...characters have voice acting. I know this game only focus in battles and there's not much else they worked on but honestly It hurts to see that mobile games have some of the things I've always wanted on a main line game while main line games probably will never have them for some reasons I still can't explain.

Though that's not the point, emotional sensitivity? I though you guys have been telling you weren't acting pouty about this. I thought you've been telling it's insulting to say you're whining, but now I have to be sensitive to those emotionally scarred?......Fine, wouldn't want to hurt people's feelings. So I'll just leave you guys alone.
Not everyone is doing that again, but telling someone highly affected by an issue in their favourite game where they may be storing Pokemon for over 10 years to just suck it up and do nothing is bound to elicit a response.

I was just answering your question on why you got bombarded with replies for your post. Bringing up something people are currently angry about is going to lead to nothing else, but replies to the poster.

You have to realise that if you tell people to just deal with it without making their frustrations not heard, or that it will result in nothing when history has shown protests like this do work, people will argue back, specially on a public forum. That’s why you shouldn’t really be surprised that your post turned into an argument. I’m just conveying my thoughts by putting myself in others’ shoes. Basic empathy, ya know?

Cause while there's no toxicity in here, negativity still lingers, even outside this thread.
Then go to those threads and report the negativity.
Though that's not the point, emotional sensitivity? I though you guys have been telling you weren't acting pouty about this. I thought you've been telling it's insulting to say you're whining, but now I have to be sensitive to those emotionally scarred?......Fine, wouldn't want to hurt people's feelings.
Dude. After all this lamenting of the negativity, now you're going to start mocking people?

Asking for you to be considerate of other feelings and asking you not to say that they're "pouting" or "whining" when they express their opinions is not contradictory-in fact, it's asking for the same thing, to be treated with respect. Saying that people are "pouting" and "whining" when they express their feelings is belittling them. There's no getting around that. If you want to keep up this act of being a paragon stopping the fandom from killing each other, you need to recognize that being dismissive of people's feelings isn't keeping things negativity-free.

Imagine if this was the other way around-
"If people are annoyed when we talk about the dex cut, the best they can do is just go to another thread, instead of sitting and pouting about it."
"Saying 'I'm tired of hearing this discussion' just sounds like whiny pouting. You're free to dislike a topic, but don't act like children by acting like the forum is about you and what you want."
"You're being emotionally scarred because I called you a shill?......Fine, wouldn't want to hurt people's feelings. "

Surely you realize how bad that sounds?

Last edited:
People actually got lost in Sinnoh? Though that's not the point, emotional sensitivity? I though you guys have been telling you weren't acting pouty about this. I thought you've been telling it's insulting to say you're whining, but now I have to be sensitive to those emotionally scarred?......Fine, wouldn't want to hurt people's feelings. So I'll just leave you guys alone.
I'm mostly against Dexit because it's shafting a core appeal of the franchise for seemingly nothing in return, and the excuses GF give being so dishonest that they fall apart after applying a few minutes of critical thought, but a part of it is also an emotional attachment. To give an example, there was an event Genesect that I used in my initial run of White 2 that I consider important because it was a limited event mon and I thought I lost my copy of White 2 (for additional context, I lost my initial copy of BW, which had the HGSS Celebi on it, along with Zorua/Zoroark, Victini, and who knows how many other mons). It's now sitting in my AS copy (forgot to transfer it up) at level 100 for IV training, but why should I bother when it can't enter Galar? I also looked at all of my teams that I built up from replaying the entire series Emerald-onward (minus gen 6 and including the Shadow Pokemon games) in 2016 recently, and I'll admit that looking at them made me a bit misty-eyed. Now, I have to hope all of them make it into the Galar dex just so I don't have to fragment them unnecessarily. It's upsetting, but to say this has "emotionally scarred" me and others is disingenuous at best and outright insulting at worst.

I have a new way to summarize and slap a label on all of the pre-release criticism:

Pokemon (as a game series) is becoming the new Call of Duty.

And that's pretty scary.

Of all the bad gaming decisions, cutting the National Dex and lying about the models and animations is probably the dumbest. It even beats cutting the X-Men from Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. At least Marvel's rivalry with Fox at the time explains it. But there really is no excuse for the lack of National Pokédex. Has GameFreak learned nothing from when Ruby and Sapphire cut Pokémon? If not every Pokémon can be transferred from Pokémon Home, then Pokémon Home would be completely worthless. If the real reason for the cut was because Game Freak just didn't want to have all these Pokémon in, that just makes them look really selfish. There is no problem with having them all in. The Switch has thirty times more than enough space to fit them in. And they are reusing the models and animations that they've been using since X and Y. It just boggles the mind that they would announce something like this for Sword and Shield. And they say that more games will be without the National Dex? Like the Sinnoh remakes? Well, hopefully the lack of National Dex in the Sinnoh games would finally put those Sinnoh legendaries Regigigas, Heatran, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus in the Sinnoh Dex. But the National Dex was a big part of Sinnoh's postgame. And what if Black and White gets remade without the National Dex and the only Pokémon in the game's data are the Generation V Pokémon? The fans had a big issue when the Unova regional dex only had the new Pokémon. Game Freak really needs to change their minds about this.

Of all the bad gaming decisions, cutting the National Dex and lying about the models and animations is probably the dumbest. It even beats cutting the X-Men from Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. At least Marvel's rivalry with Fox at the time explains it. But there really is no excuse for the lack of National Pokédex. Has GameFreak learned nothing from when Ruby and Sapphire cut Pokémon? If not every Pokémon can be transferred from Pokémon Home, then Pokémon Home would be completely worthless. If the real reason for the cut was because Game Freak just didn't want to have all these Pokémon in, that just makes them look really selfish. There is no problem with having them all in. The Switch has thirty times more than enough space to fit them in. And they are reusing the models and animations that they've been using since X and Y. It just boggles the mind that they would announce something like this for Sword and Shield. And they say that more games will be without the National Dex? Like the Sinnoh remakes? Well, hopefully the lack of National Dex in the Sinnoh games would finally put those Sinnoh legendaries Regigigas, Heatran, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus in the Sinnoh Dex. But the National Dex was a big part of Sinnoh's postgame. And what if Black and White gets remade without the National Dex and the only Pokémon in the game's data are the Generation V Pokémon? The fans had a big issue when the Unova regional dex only had the new Pokémon. Game Freak really needs to change their minds about this.
Dexit is certainly a bad call. At least at this stage. But it is nowhere near the worst decision taken by a company in gaming.

How do we know they lied about the reason? What if that WAS the reason? Again, less models mean better graphics and animations for those that are in the game. I still fail to see the issue.

Again, less models mean better graphics and animations for those that are in the game. I still fail to see the issue.
Almost everything we’ve seen is recycled or mild tweaks to animations, nothing justifying the removal of entire Pokemon species.

The models are reused and the animations are reused. They said that the models are made from scratch when it’s a complete lie and provable to be so.

Almost everything we’ve seen is recycled or mild tweaks to animations, nothing justifying the removal of entire Pokemon species.

The models are reused and the animations are reused. They said that the models are made from scratch when it’s a complete lie and provable to be so.
Maybe they just misspoke about the remaking from scratch part.

Some move animations are distinctly different and better from the past, like flame charge.

I do think it’s best to wait the overall movepool to judge the work on the animations for them, but I do agree that if the trade-off for the cut is simply them, it’s not enough.

Some move animations are distinctly different and better from the past, like flame charge.

I do think it’s best to wait the overall movepool to judge the work on the animations for them, but I do agree that if the trade-off for the cut is simply them, it’s not enough.
I haven’t simply seen enough in the moves department to declare them an update. Remember Yamper’s tail whip from the recent trailer?

And even for the newer moves, Charizard releases flames from its shoulder while using Max Flare. The least they can do is to define points on Pokemon from where moves materialise (blastoise cannons, Charizard’s mouth) but even that is apparently too much to hope for in spite of the dex cut.
better graphics and animations
I forgot about mentioning this in my previous post, but they actually removed the accurately sized Pokemon present in LGPE battles if the trailers are any indication.

I haven’t simply seen enough in the moves department to declare them an update. Remember Yamper’s tail whip from the recent trailer?

And even for the newer moves, Charizard releases flames from its shoulder while using Max Flare. The least they can do is to define points on Pokemon from where moves materialise (blastoise cannons, Charizard’s mouth) but even that is apparently too much to hope for in spite of the dex cut.

I forgot about mentioning this in my previous post, but they actually removed the accurately sized Pokemon present in LGPE battles if the trailers are any indication.
What do you mean? I didn’t notice anything related to size, other than dyna/gigantamax forms. Could you show me an example of what you mean?

What do you mean? I didn’t notice anything related to size, other than dyna/gigantamax forms. Could you show me an example of what you mean?

This and Let’s Go depicted larger Pokemon with clearly larger models, like Onix, but now we’re back to USUM era where the groudon is as tall as the trainer. There was an image Let’s Go for an accurate comparison but I can’t currently find it.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom