Search results for query: *

1. TheElderKing

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I don’t think it’ll be something necessarily brought on next Gen. There are moves missing that would make sense from a competitive standpoint in doubles, and a lot of moves don’t make sense in the Legends format. Unless some boosting moves act differently in the speed scheme (which I doubt...
  2. TheElderKing

I’d say the moves were cut because of their decision to improve the animations of those, personally. We should keep in mind, also, that the game is strictly single player only. The game also gives a hint around the time styles are introduced, towards them being restricted in this game.
  3. TheElderKing

I honestly don’t know if Kamado is going to be evil. I do think that the design they picked for his clothes, colour-wise, is to recall Giratina…as the trio of leaders of their respective clan and leaders resemble Arceus’ sons: whether his resemblance will have an actual relevance to the plot or...
  4. TheElderKing

Besides the absurdity of the name, it’s a clear reference about people saying that finally, Pokémon games have visible ceilings inside the buildings.
  5. TheElderKing

In the Tangrowth scene, the player character was already injured. If you hit by a Pokémon numerous times, strokes of black at the sides of the screen appears, turning towards the end of your health red, as it was during said scene. Not sure if they’ll be a health system for the PC other then...
  6. TheElderKing

Alpha Pokèmon are seemingly able to use Styles, as well as having better stats.
  7. TheElderKing

Not sure who he is, although his words fit with one known Italian YouTuber and gaming journalist releasing a video later today with a NDA, until today.
  8. TheElderKing

Previews seems to be coming up in an hour and half. https://mobile.twitter.com/NEXTGEN_ishere/status/1481581192566779907
  9. TheElderKing

I'd agree that things got more complicated in world building with SwSh first, and now PLA, which is why I take in consideration the fact that this game is the first game where their maps are fully open...although the Wild Areas and the dlcs were still their first try with open areas. It's clear...
  10. TheElderKing

XY/ORAS and SM/USUM are also 3D Pokèmon games.
  11. TheElderKing

I don’t think the open map mode necessarily means the areas will be small. They could be, but it’s not connected to this model. For anyone who played Dragon Age Inquisition years ago, the game was structured in the same format, and most of the areas were huge (too huge, in my opinion). The...
  12. TheElderKing

The sprites and overall 2d design definitely helped them before. A I mentioned in another post, the passage to 3d hit them hard, and they decided to go for making the team became more experienced, instead of hiring people with experience. That’d have helped smoothing the transitions. I...
  13. TheElderKing

I don’t think that everyone criticizing the graphics wants insane levels of it, comparable to the top games (visually) on the market. Expecially because no game on the Switch is going to be recognized as such. It doesn’t mean that GF can’t do better, in relation of the platform they’re working...
  14. TheElderKing

To be fair, though, while this is the first ‘open map’ game they’re making, this isn’t the first 3D game they’re making. The issue you’re talking about is present from the the time they got into 3D. I wouldn’t say the series of game they worked on so far is a small sample size. You can also hire...
  15. TheElderKing

Heh, I’m definitely not thinking the clan settlements are going to be nearly as big as Jubilife, unfortunately. I think/fear that a number of decision, from plots to gameplay to world building, were made to make the development of a much larger game then before, in terms of world map, ‘easier’.
  16. TheElderKing

I do think there might be at least two villages we could find and explore, the ones where the two clans would come from. But I’m not going to bet on it. Agreed. There’s plenty of lore to explore from the Pokémon past, and I figure/hope that after this first ‘try’ at an open map game, the next...
  17. TheElderKing

There are some that speculated, using the map at close look, to suggest that each area would be bigger then the WA in SwSh, but we’ll have to wait and see. Agreed on your second point, hopefully they followed the dlc experience for the world building of PLA.
  18. TheElderKing

I’d say that the game won’t be enormously big, yeah. I do think it should be reasonably larger then SwSh, though. I personally don’t think that open world maps that are gigantic in size are necessary, expecially if you’re not able to fill them out properly, and regards of the game being ‘open...
  19. TheElderKing

Yep. The best scenario is that they used a combination of older and recent footage, but I’m not going to bet on it. At least the animations of Pokémon attacks all/mostly look quite good, so far. I sincerely hope that it’s something that it’s brought in Gen 9.
  20. TheElderKing

Smaller in terms of world map, or otherwise? I’d agree, or at least hope, that there are two teams working on different games. I wouldn’t call the second one for sure Legends Johto. It could be anything else from a remake (yes, I know that it’s more likely that they’ll go for an external house...
Back
Top Bottom