• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Translating rn. It's below!

Dude in the first text box:
"Pokemon are terrifying creatures!"
Guy speaking:
"There's still a lot unknown about the road Pokemon and people walk together."
"The Hisui region, which came to be called the Sinnoh region, is home to wild Pokemon. This place isn't glittering(?????) yet."
"Because of this, there are many Pokemon who keep away from humans.

"
Thank you! Really appreciate!!

There’s also some more short commercials

They finally released something! A 6 minute (so far only Japanese) overview trailer!

No new Pokémon reveals but we get to see some we haven’t seen yet such as Purugly and Froslass, more of Jublife Village (with some more people present doing stuff), much more environments and locations including some new ones, how to fight Nobles, more of Hisuian Zoroark and Zorua, Pokémon interacting with the environment and each other (although some of these may be cinematics or cutscenes), and the trainer interacting with their Pokémon, including a one on one with Oshawott

Dang, Garchomp looks terrifying :oops:

I spy Wurmple without the yellow horn in the back- still wonder what was going on with that one.

They finally released something! A 6 minute (so far only Japanese) overview trailer!

No new Pokémon reveals but we get to see some we haven’t seen yet such as Purugly and Froslass, more of Jublife Village (with some more people present doing stuff), much more environments and locations including some new ones, how to fight Nobles, more of Hisuian Zoroark and Zorua, Pokémon interacting with the environment and each other (although some of these may be cinematics or cutscenes), and the trainer interacting with their Pokémon, including a one on one with Oshawott

Dang, Garchomp looks terrifying :oops:

Gotta love Buizel using bite by swatting its tail at the enemy (This isn't a complaint)
Edit: I meant floatzel, i can never remember which is which

This is a relatively minor thing because games have had customization options forever. But I've noticed that the customization options in Pokemon get better every game (Not counting remakes). Really like some of the hairstyles in this one.

This is a relatively minor thing because games have had customization options forever. But I've noticed that the customization options in Pokemon get better every game (Not counting remakes). Really like some of the hairstyles in this one.
To a point... from what we've seen so far, I am concerned that the outfits for this game might all be one-piece outfits with no ability to mix and match.

To a point... from what we've seen so far, I am concerned that the outfits for this game might all be one-piece outfits with no ability to mix and match.
There are just a lot of one-piece options
1641523759828.png
Sadly, there are no jackets but given all the outfits in the game seem to want to go for a specific sort of style with the same stomache brace thing on the outside jackets wouldn't really work

There are just a lot of one-piece options
Sadly, there are no jackets but given all the outfits in the game seem to want to go for a specific sort of style with the same stomache brace thing on the outside jackets wouldn't really work
Oh phew, that's somewhat of a relief... though I wish they'd split up the one-piece outfits into sets instead. I'd like to try the garchomp and shaymin outfits with different pants and shoes, but I feel like that's not going to be an option.

My big stupid conspiracy theory on this is that Let's Go's existence means that GameFreak will follow some sort of pattern like Kanto--->Johto--->Hoenn
--->Kanto --->Sinnoh--->Johto--->Unova--->Kalos--->Hoenn--->(etc.)
when making remakes. That would mean next in line is a Johto game, which while it could be another Let's Go game, I'd say another Legends game is more likely. The reason for this would be that Sinnoh and Johto are by far the Regions that place the most emphasis on lore, myths, legends, and the like, as well as the Sinjoh Ruins' existence being another huge link between the two.

Assuming that what I just typed actually makes any sense to anyone lol
To be fair, I think a new Legends type of game that early isn't very likely. I'd think they'd want to gauge the reception of the first game first before moving on to the second. Also, that means GF was working on two Legends project, which seems to be grander in scale compared to previous games, simultaneously.

To be fair, I think a new Legends type of game that early isn't very likely. I'd think they'd want to gauge the reception of the first game first before moving on to the second. Also, that means GF was working on two Legends project, which seems to be grander in scale compared to previous games, simultaneously.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Legends: Arceus is actually a lot smaller than it seems like.

But also, Legends: Arceus is releasing right at the tail end of Gen 8. It's more likely that Gen 9's development overlapped with Legends, rather than the next Legends game. Which if they are confident enough to run two Pokemon projects at once, then that would mean that there's two teams- let's call them Team New Gen and Team Legends- and once Team Legends wraps up with Arceus, they'll be free to start Legends: Johto while Team New Gen finishes up with Gen 9. And Legends: Johto wouldn't be due out for another 3-4 years after Arceus, really.

Hoping this is like old footage but I realistically nah View attachment 154452

Oof... yeah. They're at such an awkward point with the scenery, I feel. Because some areas look pretty great while others are just downright cringe. For me, watching the trailers has been a rollercoaster of "ooh! ew... ooh! ew... ew... ooh- ew."

I have a sneaking suspicion that Legends: Arceus is actually a lot smaller than it seems like.

But also, Legends: Arceus is releasing right at the tail end of Gen 8. It's more likely that Gen 9's development overlapped with Legends, rather than the next Legends game. Which if they are confident enough to run two Pokemon projects at once, then that would mean that there's two teams- let's call them Team New Gen and Team Legends- and once Team Legends wraps up with Arceus, they'll be free to start Legends: Johto while Team New Gen finishes up with Gen 9. And Legends: Johto wouldn't be due out for another 3-4 years after Arceus, really.
Smaller in terms of world map, or otherwise?

I’d agree, or at least hope, that there are two teams working on different games. I wouldn’t call the second one for sure Legends Johto. It could be anything else from a remake (yes, I know that it’s more likely that they’ll go for an external house again for that one, but with GF anything is possible) or a Legends set in another region.

Plotwise and age-like, where do you think a Johto Legends game would be set? Because I feel like it could be too close to PLA in terms of aesthetics and timeline.

Oof... yeah. They're at such an awkward point with the scenery, I feel. Because some areas look pretty great while others are just downright cringe. For me, watching the trailers has been a rollercoaster of "ooh! ew... ooh! ew... ew... ooh- ew."
Yep.
The best scenario is that they used a combination of older and recent footage, but I’m not going to bet on it.

At least the animations of Pokémon attacks all/mostly look quite good, so far. I sincerely hope that it’s something that it’s brought in Gen 9.

Smaller in terms of world map, or otherwise?

I’d agree, or at least hope, that there are two teams working on different games. I wouldn’t call the second one for sure Legends Johto. It could be anything else from a remake (yes, I know that it’s more likely that they’ll go for an external house again for that one, but with GF anything is possible) or a Legends set in another region.

Plotwise and age-like, where do you think a Johto Legends game would be set? Because I feel like it could be too close to PLA in terms of aesthetics and timeline.
In terms of world map, yeah. Like the shots we've seen of flying over the volcano makes it looks pretty small. And yet it's... you know... a volcano.

And yeah, no, can't say that the next one is definitely a Legends: Johto. I'm just trying to say that with two teams, there's plenty of time for them to make another Legends game if that does wind up being the next one. And I really hope that it is, because Johto is one of the more historically rich regions. We could encounter the Legendary Beasts before they died in that fire, or see Azalea before Slowpoke brought the rain, get some new Ruins of Alph lore... and even better, tie it in with Legends: Arceus by revisiting the Sinjoh Ruins.

Meiji era Hisui is actually a lot more recent than any of those events, so we could get quite a time difference with a Johto game.

In terms of world map, yeah. Like the shots we've seen of flying over the volcano makes it looks pretty small. And yet it's... you know... a volcano.

And yeah, no, can't say that the next one is definitely a Legends: Johto. I'm just trying to say that with two teams, there's plenty of time for them to make another Legends game if that does wind up being the next one. And I really hope that it is, because Johto is one of the more historically rich regions. We could encounter the Legendary Beasts before they died in that fire, or see Azalea before Slowpoke brought the rain, get some new Ruins of Alph lore... and even better, tie it in with Legends: Arceus by revisiting the Sinjoh Ruins.

Meiji era Hisui is actually a lot more recent than any of those events, so we could get quite a time difference with a Johto game.
I’d say that the game won’t be enormously big, yeah. I do think it should be reasonably larger then SwSh, though.

I personally don’t think that open world maps that are gigantic in size are necessary, expecially if you’re not able to fill them out properly, and regards of the game being ‘open map’ and not open world (which in regards of size means little. DAI, and technically TW3 would be categorized as open map and they had huge maps…to big definitely for the the former), I don’t mind if GF went for a smaller scale of open map game.

I definitely think a Legends Johto game would be interesting, and I get your point in regards of a different timeline from Hisui. I just think that given how close the two are (as you mentioned, there could be a tie between LPA and LPJ, and there was one between DPPt and HGSS), I’d prefer a vastly different ambientation for the second Legends game.

Either way, though, I’m just hoping they’ll follow up with more Legends game.

The game apparently being broken up into zones makes it tricky to say exactly how big it'll be. We don't know if any one area will be as large as the Wild Area in Sw/Sh, for instance.
The other question--I think more important than size--is how much actual "stuff" the maps will have. The Wild Zone was pretty big but a bit empty (the DLC equivalents were significantly better in that regard and will hopefully be closer to how Legends turns out).

The game apparently being broken up into zones makes it tricky to say exactly how big it'll be. We don't know if any one area will be as large as the Wild Area in Sw/Sh, for instance.
The other question--I think more important than size--is how much actual "stuff" the maps will have. The Wild Zone was pretty big but a bit empty (the DLC equivalents were significantly better in that regard and will hopefully be closer to how Legends turns out).
There are some that speculated, using the map at close look, to suggest that each area would be bigger then the WA in SwSh, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Agreed on your second point, hopefully they followed the dlc experience for the world building of PLA.

I’d say that the game won’t be enormously big, yeah. I do think it should be reasonably larger then SwSh, though.

I personally don’t think that open world maps that are gigantic in size are necessary, expecially if you’re not able to fill them out properly, and regards of the game being ‘open map’ and not open world (which in regards of size means little. DAI, and technically TW3 would be categorized as open map and they had huge maps…to big definitely for the the former), I don’t mind if GF went for a smaller scale of open map game.

I definitely think a Legends Johto game would be interesting, and I get your point in regards of a different timeline from Hisui. I just think that given how close the two are (as you mentioned, there could be a tie between LPA and LPJ, and there was one between DPPt and HGSS), I’d prefer a vastly different ambientation for the second Legends game.

Either way, though, I’m just hoping they’ll follow up with more Legends game.
Oh yeah, I actually would vote against enormous maps due to the amount of time it takes to get across them (I've played a Shin Megami Tensei where it would literally take three hours to cross the map, and there wasn't even that much in it.) But I still hope that Legends' maps are sufficiently large and populated enough, just to give a real sense of exploration and having room to really race that Wyrdeer around. And while I think that they might have the size nailed down... maybe... hopefully... I am also concerned that there's only the one town on the map. I was hoping that was just an over-simplification and that there would be quite a few more villages around, but the fact that we haven't really seen any has grown more concerning. And we haven't seen much variety beyond that, either.

But man, we've got such a great lineup of regions due to be revisited that it would be a damn shame if we didn't get more Legends games for them. Johto has some rich history that could be explored and expanded on, Unova has the original dragon that we've never seen, Kalos had its war... if they continue to shove the boring traditional remakes off onto another company to focus on Legends games and give us more pokemon world history and worldbuilding, I'd be happy! Exploring the world's history just brings so much more depth to the series.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom