Search results for query: *

1. ii kanji

Everything in the Bulbagarden is rosy

Hey nice to hear from you too! That's a nice idea. I've also been thinking about trying the new series, onwards and upwards and all that 'eh? We'll see, I'll let you know if I manage either :hmm:
  2. ii kanji

Threadmarks: On 15 years at BMGf

I was lying in bed last night thinking about Pokémon blah blah blah when I realised it’s been over 15 years since I joined the forums - that’s half my life! It made me feel really sad actually to think that such a monumental milestone of what was such an integral part of my inner life just...
  3. ii kanji

Threadmarks: On A Meeting and A Parting

Hit play to generate the appropriate emotions :bulbaWave:: I’m writing this with a baby strapped to my front who I’m trying to get settled to sleep so I might not be able to say everything I’d like as coherently as I’d like but we’ll see haha. It’s been 6 weeks since Baby M quit my womb and...
  4. ii kanji

That’s so sweet of you to check in @hanecco! I don’t think I knew that you and I shared a cultural background, so that’s pretty cool! It’s always nice to meet other South Asian peeps who just… get it lol. Hope you’re keeping well :bulbaWave:
  5. ii kanji

Threadmarks: Quack

Quack quack nya~ :confused:
  6. ii kanji

Threadmarks: On Never Being Enough

'Wow, I am so bad at writing in this blog.' ... Was my first thought on opening it up to... write a blog about how I'm always mentally beating myself down for no good reason. Har, har, har. Apologies if this is a very uninteresting blog to read (future me who rereads this: I'm looking at you...
  7. ii kanji

No WAY!!! Omg I will have to drop her a line, that is such happy news. We used to talk constantly on the old Rocketshipping thread way back when :bulbaLove: I didn't realise you guys were also friends?! Or that you were local to each other! Such a crazy small world.
  8. ii kanji

Thank you so much Dana :bulbaLove: But omg that is so amazing that you were a bridesmaid for a friend you met here!! Makes me feel all tingly… Likewise it felt so special that I was able to share a livestream link with some of my PokeAni friends from all over the world. Doesn’t it make you...
  9. ii kanji

Threadmarks: On Familiarity (Breeding Contempt)

Would you want your one true love to share the same passion as you? For example, would you wish that person to be a Pokemon fan? I would have said yes, but for an encounter with a certain tomato-nosed young man a few years back. (The tomato shaped nose is irrelevant to the story tbh.) We...
  10. ii kanji

Threadmarks: On Pre-Wedding Jitters

V and I are getting married on Sunday. Sunday. This Sunday. I am getting married. :sick: I wrote these words out and just stared and stared and until it felt like I was no longer inhabiting my own body. Is it normal to feel this overwhelmed? It's like all the happiness and excitement I had...
  11. ii kanji

Threadmarks: On Romance

These blog posts I wrote are kinda weird, 'huh? I guess it's not easy talking about real life on a Pokemon forum, when I'm so used to just talking shop. Hah, just wrote ship there instead of shop - Freudian slip or what?! Because, basically I am going to talk about shipping :wynaut: It...
  12. ii kanji

Threadmarks: On COVID-19

The widespread use of military metaphors to talk about the coronavirus pandemic has been grating on me. If I wanted to "fight" on the "frontline" against "a deadly enemy" in a "global war" I would have joined the army. As it is, all I ever wanted was a steady existence in which it would be...
  13. ii kanji

Threadmarks: On Superstition

VK is my parents’ cleaner. She comes once a week and helps out with hoovering, dusting, wiping windows and so on. She’s excellent fun to have around: always smiling and a little cheeky, and absolutely impossible to communicate with as she speaks only Punjabi. My room is the smallest and I...
  14. ii kanji

You're right. It is really important to be careful, and to acknowledge the risk the opening up puts to you. It's not just that the odd nasty person will try and exploit it, but that even well-meaning people don't judge how sensitive they should be about certain topics sometimes. As with...
  15. ii kanji

Threadmarks: On Vulnerability

BMGf did something really unexpected for me 10 years ago: it taught me how to make friends. The lesson? Be vulnerable. It’s not that I didn’t have any friends before these forums, but these were childhood friends who I’d fallen together with because we went to the same school or lived in the...
  16. ii kanji

Welcome to my blog, which is basically me writing about whatever random crap I feel like splurging about :wynaut: Comments/complaints/splurging back welcome. Post Directory: On Vulnerability On Superstition On COVID-19 On Romance On Pre-Wedding Jitters On Familiarity (Breeding Contempt) On...
Back
Top Bottom