• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Mafia [Game over! and the winner is...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umeko

i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO
Reaction score
logo.png

Hinamizawa VS "Tokyo" Organization

The Disclaimer:

1. You DO NOT have to be familiar with Higurashi no Naku Koro ni to play.

2. If you ARE somewhat familiar with Higurashi, be warned that this game includes spoilers for the entirety of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

3. IMPORTANT: This game contains a couple experimental concepts. Most of them are related to abilities, and I will keep them secret for now, but I will let you know now that role PMs will not be posted in full upon death until certain conditions are met. Instead, I will give a very brief description of the player's role.

The Plot:

Monday, June 13, 1983
Okinomiya Police Department

Tensions always start to run high at the precinct when this time of year rolls around. At least, this is how it's been for the past few years. The reason behind this lies not in Okinomiya itself, but in the neighboring town of Hinamizawa.

Hinamizawa is a tiny village with a population of only 2000 residents. One wouldn't think that such a quaint place could cause such a stir, but it actually has quite a history. About ten years ago, the Japanese government was planning to construct a dam in the area, which would result in Hinamizawa being submerged by a late. The residents of Hinamizawa fiercely opposed the dam and engaged the government in devates and protests for years on end.

Finally, in 1978, Hinamizawa emerged victorious from their Dam War, but that was only the beginning. On June 17th, 1979, on the night of Hinamizawa's annual Watanagashi festival, the dam construction manager was brutally murdered and his body hacked into six different pieces - even now, one of his arms is yet to be recovered.

Ever since, on the night of Watanagashi every year, there has been a continuing series of mysterious deaths in Hinamizawa. Among many of the villagers, this is referred to as "Oyashiro-sama's Curse," named for the village deity.

Here in the investigation department, of course, we don't believe this to be some sort of curse. This is a series of murders done by humans, not "Oyashiro-sama." So every year, in the days leading up to Watanagashi, we begin sending officers to patrol Hinamizawa for suspicious activity.

...Usually, however, the deaths don't begin so soon.

Kimiyoshi Kiichirou has been found dead in his home.
kimiyoshi.png

You are the Hinamizawa village head, and the head of the Kimiyoshi family, one of the Three Great Families of Hinamizawa.

You have no special abilities, but your death is one that has shaken the village. After all, the village head has suddenly died under suspicious circumstances, and it isn't even Watanagashi yet.

Of one thing, however, we can be almost certain: this is only a taste of things yet to come.

Needless to say, things are buzzing here, and Ooishi-san has already gone to Hinamizawa to start making his rounds.

If this is how things are now, we can only imagine what things will be like by the Watanagashi festival on Sunday...

The Rules:
(shamelessly stolen from Rayne, then slightly edited)

1. I will modkill for three things
    • Role revealing
      Role claims are fine, as is mentioning the character your role is based on. However, the abilities are somewhat obvious for those familiar with the series, so take care who you reveal your character to. Sharing role PMs in their entirety, however, is not permitted.
    • Inactivity
      Obviously if you've got something going on, you should put that first. Real life is more important. Just let me know ahead of time if you know you're going to be inactive for a bit. Otherwise, I'd like everyone to participate. At the minimum I'll expect at least one response in this thread every 4 days. Otherwise I will substitute you without warning.
    • Poor Sportsmanship and Conduct
      This should be fairly self explanatory. Aside from Quick Topic, please try to stay within the confines of the forums to conduct your business. I don't want to see people sneaking around each other in real life just to play a silly game. Also, we can get pretty serious in here, but if you start to act like a real jerk, I can easily push you out of the game as well.
  2. Please PM me all your discussions and Quicktopics, and this means everybody. Innocents too.
    To include more than one person in a PM, make sure you go to 'Go Advanced' and add the extra names in address fields if you weren’t aware how to do this before.
  3. Votes are pretty much exactly the same as everyone else's.

Please format your votes in bold like such:
    Vote: [user]
    When you wish to retract a vote simply say
    Unvote: [user]

A tie will result in no kill that day.
  4. Phases will last 24 hours.
  5. I plan to end every phase at 8PM EDT (midnight GMT). Some nights it will be a little bit later if I work the late shift at work, but this should only be once or twice a week.
  6. If you plan to change your name, please announce that in the thread.
  7. Wise cracks and final quotes from the dead are fine, just don't make a habit of posting after you're gone please.
  8. Basically just use common sense, and have fun!

The Tutorial:
(also shamelessly stolen from Rayne)

In mafia there are two opposing sides, the town and the mafia. The town are usually unaware of each other while the mafia work together to covertly kill the town. It is up to the town to work to take down the mafia before the mafia outnumbers them.

If the town eradicates all mafia members, the town wins. If the mafia outnumbers the town, the mafia wins.

Every day phase, all members are allowed to vote a person to lynch. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is 'killed' or removed from play. In the event of a tie, no players are killed. After this, we enter night phase. During the night, mafia choose who they kill. Some innocents have a role that allows them night actions as well. Standard roles include the Doctor which protects people from dying, and the Cop which is able to determine alliances. These are very valuable members for the innocents. Please use your night actions wisely. Sometimes using them have consequences. Sometimes your roles work better if used with other roles.

Communicate well, and you stand a better chance of winning. This goes for both sides.

The Participants:

1. Sourcandy || Takano Miyo || lynched day 2
2. BoredBeyondBelief || Houjo Satoshi || killed night 3
3. Neonsands || Akasaka Mamoru || killed day 2
4. IceKyurem || Sonozaki Shion || killed night 4
5. Mijzelffan || Houjo Satoko || killed day 3
6. Mintaka || Okonogi Tetsuro || lynched day 3
7. Corruption subbed out day 3
8. Megaman subbed out day 3
9. Iteru || Unnamed Yamainu Soldier || lynched day 4
10. Phoenicks || Kimiyoshi Natsumi || killed night 6
11. hurristat || Chie Rumiko || killed night 4
12. Λxlε Hεlιos || Sonozaki Mion || killed night 5
13. Solaris
14. BoredPikachu! || Nomura || lynched day 6
15. Sgt.Pepper's || Tomitake Jirou || lynched day 4
16. Synthєsis || Hanyuu || deus ex machina'd day 7
17. Parmalee
18. Shiny Celebi || Ryuguu Rena || killed night 3
19. Nanoka-kun subbed out day 4
20. Psych || Ooishi Kuraudo || lynched day 1
21. Turtwig A || Maebara Keiichi || killed night 6
22. engineer || Ootaka || lynched day 5
23. Rayne || Kasai Tatsuyoshi || killed night 2

Subs:
1. HildasSecretLover

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Mafia [signups and discussion]

yo! :p

Hey! What am I, the great Teridax, doing in this pathetic human body? Oh wait... /in

Join me up

I might as well join. Even though I haven't even heard of the thing this game is based on

Mijzelffan

Totally /in.

For those curious (it occurs to me that I didn't really mention this XD), Higurashi is a game/anime/manga series, though right now I've only completely gotten through the anime, so that's what the game is mostly based on. :p The story is a horror/mystery/psychological thriller, and it's basically about exactly what I outlined in the first post - a little rural village where there's been a chain of mysterious deaths/murders and people go batshit insane for no apparent reason (SPOILER: there is a reason).

I highly recommend it even if you aren't a horror fan (I'm not, and though there are a few scenes and situations that make me squirm, I still absolutely love Higuarshi), so give it a try if you're interested. :D

And I'll leave you all with this:

welcome_to_hinamizawa_by_melodywriter.jpg

I guess I'll join.

I'll play.

I'd like to join, not knowing the series.

You didn't mention: Can we vote to not lynch anybody?

Oh good, now I don't have any need to edit Phoenicks' name out of that one role PM he's mentioned in. 8D (Don't ask, all will become clear eventually.)

Voting for no lynch is fine, but if the number of no lynch votes is tied with the number of votes for a player, the votes for a player will override the tie.

Actually, my friends have told me about this. I'll join up.

Phoenicks and hurristat are in this? Guess I'll have to see how this goes. In.

Hi there guess I'll join this one :V

I'll join As a first time into this

Appropriate sig is appropriate, Ron. XD

Huehuehue, the damn war. Count me in.

Still looking for four or five more people to sign up! (I could scrap one or two roles I suppose, but I'd rather not. XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom