• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo suffers hack attack: US server compromised but no customer data stolen, says

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Nintendo suffers hack attack: US server compromised but no customer data stolen, says spokesman

Nintendo has become the latest victim in a series of high-profile hacks, it was revealed on Sunday. Believed to be the first such incident targeting Nintendo, the breach affected one of the company's US servers, and did not result in the theft of customer or company data, according to spokesman Ken Toyoda.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Nintendo suffers hack attack: US server compromised but no customer data stolen,

umm... why do people like hacking so much?

Re: Nintendo suffers hack attack: US server compromised but no customer data stolen,

They do it for fun, and occasionally to get money. It's just like computer viruses.

Someone must realllllllllllly be bored today.

First Sony with the PSN, then Nintendo's US servers...

Calling it now, Microsoft is next on the hackers list.

Indeed, I think this is not only extremely sad but also really selfish. It is taking Sony forever to get their servers online due to this attack and if they do it on Nintendo they may lose their online services like Mario Kart and Pokemon and such.

It is also possible that they might do it to Microsoft with Xbox. If they do I think it could potentially be more crippling to them. They rely on that service too much.

Indeed, I think this is not only extremely sad but also really selfish. It is taking Sony forever to get their servers online due to this attack and if they do it on Nintendo they may lose their online services like Mario Kart and Pokemon and such.

It is also possible that they might do it to Microsoft with Xbox. If they do I think it could potentially be more crippling to them. They rely on that service too much.

You know? I trust Nintendo, and their capability to keep their services safe. If these hackers employed the same techniques they used with Sony, then they're not going to get very far from there (mainly because Sony wasn't safe to begin with, so it's no biggie; it only required huge balls to pull that one off).

At least Nintendo went out straight away and said what had happened, and that nothing was actually taken.

Unlike a certain company that makes video games...

Sentimental hackers? I won't complain, but still. ._.

Oh wow o_O; So crazy and awesome at the same time XD

At least no data was stolen. Still wondering how they managed to do that...

its "Lulz" one guy or one group?
i never heard anything about "Lulz" stealing things for selling,
the "Lulz" where the ones who made the "Tupac is alive in New Zealand", just for lols

This isn't something that should keep happening, but it might be a good thing, really. Companies are only used to small time hackers who give up after a little bit, so they don't bother spending much time focusing on what would happen if something like this happened. Nintendo at least has better standards for this sort of thing.

This is also why PSN was hacked. It's free, so they don't spend money on security, unlike XBox Live.

Wait...Lulz Security? That's an interesting name...

"We're not targeting Nintendo. We like the N64 too much - we sincerely hope Nintendo plugs the gap."

:confused:

So... Is Nintendo going to be safe from Lulz in the long run or not? There message and previous actions seem to conflict each other.

I heard these guys hacked PBS.

That's like...Hitler-level evil, right?

Wow, I was just telling my friends that I'd put money on them getting Nintendo, but being LoZ fans or something would stop them. While it's hilarious hearing people on the news say "lulz" like they have no idea what it means, I really hope they track down these guys. The smart hackers don't brag about it alot.

Besides, it's not like Sony was hard to hack, they had 10 year old server software and every bit of data was in text docs, not even encrypted. >__<

Yeesh, some people need a life and stop hacking stuff. D8
(says the girl who has hacked her Platinum and US White to oblivion)

I don't know about you guys, but from what I understood of the article, the hacking was not of malicious intent, but done to point out serious flaws in the system.

i'm getting so tired of this crap >:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom