• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo suffers hack attack: US server compromised but no customer data stolen, says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nintendo suffers hack attack: US server compromised but no customer data stolen,

After reading this I must say, a lot of you seem to have completely missed the point of what LulzSec is doing and seem to have a grave misconception on what a hacker is. Of course the latter is too be expected as the media depict hackers as blight on the society. Fact of the matter is, without hackers the none of us would be here on the world wide web. Hackers built the Internet. Take some time to look up what a hacker really is. Take some time to look up how the Internet came into being.

Hell, take some time to go read about what LulzSec has done. They aren't going to result in stricter laws. In their own way they are fighting against these stricter laws.The government makes it an act of war to hack and so they take down an FBI affiliate. They are having fun and putting the fat cats in their place. What's wrong with that?

Personally I think saying Nintendo has "suffered" from a hack attack is more than a little bit of an embellishment. How is it suffering if nothing was taken, nothing was defaced, and the hole was plugged? Seems to me a better title would be "Nintendo Benefits from Hack Attack".

And seriously, go read. It won't kill you, I promise.

Side note: It wasn't a member of LulzSec that was arrested. Someone goofed, and LulzSec laughed.

Re: Nintendo suffers hack attack: US server compromised but no customer data stolen,

How am I supposed to agree about PSN if I own a PS3 and enjoy playing it?

They didn't hack PSN. Yes they have hacked Sony, but nothing they claimed credit for has anything to do with PSN. In fact, they constantly deny claim to it when it is brought up. Now with how open they have been about everything else they have done, why would they lie about that? Seriously, reading is good people, go do it.

Okay, to reiterate...how am I supposed to agree about SONY if I have a PS3 and enjoy playing it?

I'll bet that some Japanese exchange student is sitting in his basement and is laughing so hard.

No one said you have to agree with it. Just be informed, unlike the majority of other people in this thread.

Looks like a sequel to this attack has occurred.

Nintendo of Europe hacked - Bulbanews

BulbaBot hasn't booted-up that topic yet, so here it is.

Nintendo really doesn't need this right now. Not while it's trying to push the Wii U forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom