• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

12 Days of Bulbagarden contest FAQ: Fanart, fanfic contest prizes announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be a pain, but would it be at all possible for the admins to make some kind of vague estimation as to when they think the results will be announced, if that's not too much trouble? (Today, tomorrow, a week?)

Thank you!

Well now, we can see you haven't read a thing that was said, eh?

Well now, we can see you haven't read a thing that was said, eh?

I know they said they don't know, but I thought they might have SOME idea, maybe. Earlier Archaic said something like later on today (I'll find the quote and edit it to the end of this message), and I figured that they might be fairly certain it won't happen today by now or something.

EDIT: Quote -
Winners and prizes for the random drawing will be announced later today, with the grand prize winner announced after the fanfic and fanart prize winners have been announced.

I wouldn't have minded if the judges just said the results would be released on New Years. I thought they were crazy for aiming for Christmas. This is why I'm not actively complaining. I'm just saying that it's perfectly within the contestants' rights to complain when their effort is rewarded with a missed deadline.

Just an FYI, missed deadlines in the real world means classes failed and jobs lost. And to the people that say the Internet isn't the real world: you need to realize that there are real people on the other side of the screen names.

And I know this was a for fun thing, which is why I'm not complaining about the lack of judging. I'm complaining about the complainers. I work like the Joker: I like to point out the fault in why you do, not what you do.

I wouldn't have minded if the judges just said the results would be released on New Years. I thought they were crazy for aiming for Christmas. This is why I'm not actively complaining. I'm just saying that it's perfectly within the contestants' rights to complain when their effort is rewarded with a missed deadline.

Just an FYI, missed deadlines in the real world means classes failed and jobs lost. And to the people that say the Internet isn't the real world: you need to realize that there are real people on the other side of the screen names.

And I know this was a for fun thing, which is why I'm not complaining about the lack of judging. I'm complaining about the complainers. I work like the Joker: I like to point out the fault in why you do, not what you do.

You're nuts. And so not six. Don't have a go at the mods because they missed a deadline. It's Christmas! I was surprised when I heard they'd be announced on Christmas Day. I'm mildly peeved that it was a bit late, but it doesn't matter =)

I just said I'm not going at the mods, I'm going at the guys who are complaining about people complaining, because it's just redundant and silly. >_>

So basically, I'm complaining about people complaining about the complaining. :D

Oh wow what an articul8 kid you are! So impressed.

Now get out of here. These boards are rated at least PG-7.

*Internet, *Special, *you're

Wow, typically no one ever catches that joke cause they're to busy getting mad about being called a retard. +20 to Mary.

I have decided to only complain about Redder :p

These will be up on Bulbanews later, but to tide you over, here are the winners for the first 11 days of the 12 days competition. I´ll post up what you got a little later this evening. ;) I´ve included user ID´s next to the names, in case some of you have changed names since I rolled your names.

Dec 14:
nickstr (id: 15123)
Lil Brother (id: 3445)
Mitchman Is (id: 24383)
Amadeus Windfall (id: 3413)
=Dragonite= (id: 13834)

Dec 15:
MachoMonferno005 (id: 23736)
Nomura (id: 18518)

Dec 16:
Snake Bandage (id: 1661)

Dec 17:
Marvel Girl (id: 14637)

Dec 18:
fate (id: 10625)

Dec 19:
Lethal Carnivine (id: 13928)

Dec 20:
bell02+ (id: 55)

Dec 21:
Draconium (id: 19848)

Dec 22:
Torgetsu Kon (id: 12446)

Dec 23:
Rhyperior (id: 17936)

Dec 24:
PokemonTrainerLisa (id: 447)
MetaRobo (id: 4409)

Wait. Then why do I seriously remember Liam saying in chat two days ago that the fic winners were being/had been drawn then?

No, he said he would pick the random prizes for the first 10 days, not the fanfic winners. There are 38 elegible entries, so be patient because reading and judging each of them is going to take time.

Results have been posted! :O I'll try again next time. Back to inactivity.

No, he said he would pick the random prizes for the first 10 days, not the fanfic winners. There are 38 elegible entries, so be patient because reading and judging each of them is going to take time.

Then I misread. My mistake.

Results have been posted! :O I'll try again next time. Back to inactivity.

That's the sad thing about contests... people come around just to be a part of a contest, and only contribute because of a contest, but when the contest is over, they don't care about being a member of the forum. I don't know whether to laugh or just shake my head.

That's the sad thing about contests... people come around just to be a part of a contest, and only contribute because of a contest, but when the contest is over, they don't care about being a member of the forum. I don't know whether to laugh or just shake my head.

I agree, I pointed this out a page or two ago.

Or lurkers who just finally had a decent reason to join, like me. :0
I'll prolly continue to lurk furthermore as well, because forums tend to bring about conversations like the last page. Plain character assassination.

So, in short, laugh because you don't want those kind of people here anyway.

Oh wow, I did hear that the drama llama did strike. It's a shame that some new people felt that a fun contest was something to get totally bent out of shape about. Though I have to say... this was the strangest of them all, I felt like I was back in school again, and that's a pretty scary thought... http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=691674&postcount=68

I have to say this to all the lurkers who decided to join recently... don't just abandon this forum just because the contest has been decided. Hang around, get to know us, and have fun. We have a lot to offer, and y'all most likely have a lot to offer us as well, so let's make things fun around here! :)

These will be up on Bulbanews later, but to tide you over, here are the winners for the first 11 days of the 12 days competition. I´ll post up what you got a little later this evening. ;) I´ve included user ID´s next to the names, in case some of you have changed names since I rolled your names.

Dec 14:
nickstr (id: 15123)
Lil Brother (id: 3445)
Mitchman Is (id: 24383)
Amadeus Windfall (id: 3413)
=Dragonite= (id: 13834)

Dec 15:
MachoMonferno005 (id: 23736)
Nomura (id: 18518)

Dec 16:
Snake Bandage (id: 1661)

Dec 17:
Marvel Girl (id: 14637)

Dec 18:
fate (id: 10625)

Dec 19:
Lethal Carnivine (id: 13928)

Dec 20:
bell02+ (id: 55)

Dec 21:
Draconium (id: 19848)

Dec 22:
Torgetsu Kon (id: 12446)

Dec 23:
Rhyperior (id: 17936)

Dec 24:
PokemonTrainerLisa (id: 447)
MetaRobo (id: 4409)

Wow, did I read that right? I was not expecting that, especially with how many members are on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom