• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW068: Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro Decisive Aerial Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
1st March - BW068: Fukiyose Gym! VS Fuuro, Decisive Air Battle!
「フキヨセジム!VSフウロ空中決戦!!」
武上純希 浅田裕二 浅田裕二 岩根雅明

From Slowkinglsey at Serebii.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/21304_201203011900.html

No other Pokemon are listed under Ash's. So unless Boldore is used, Pikachu will be.

The guy, Mile, or Miles, will appear again. He might be the judge.

The summary says that Pikachu is used. Sorry guys.

And it mentions Tranquill changing its appearance, I think we all know what that means.

Nevermind here's the trans by Sushi

In the battle against Unfezant, Ash switches Tranquill out for Pikachu when he sees that Tranquill's getting tired. Pikachu's super-effective moves are blocked, though.

Without revealing the outcome of Pikachu vs. Unfezant, the summary jumps to the last battle, Swanna vs. Tranquill. Swanna is referred to as Skyla's ace. The text almost spells out Tranquill's evolution.

Pikachu VS Swanna
BW068069.png
[video=youtube;gno3eEiAjR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gno3eEiAjR4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ash's Tranquill battles Skyla's Unfezant.

I've wanted this for ages and I'm glad Tranquill's being used.

How is it that Tranquil gets to be the gym battle 'star' yet Muku never got that honour? I mean, yeah, it got more fights in general and was better in pretty much every conceivable way, but-...wait. Just what am I complaining about again?

So is this it for Skyla, then? I figured she'd be around a little longer.

Blurb: エアバトルに疑問を抱くサトシは、フウロにジム戦を挑む。サトシのハトーボーに対し、フウロは

So Satoshi's most boring flying type EVER gets to battle Géraldine's Unfezant? Colour me surpirsed...well, not really.

I wonder how this battle turns out. You guys know what would be cool? Satoshi's Tranquil might evolve during the gym match!! That would be an awesome twist and something different in a saga where...who am I kidding...

Fuuro is my favourite gym leader this gen so I hope the writers will showcase her as an interesting character at least.

Guess who's the animation director? HELL YEAH :D

Screenplay: Junki Takegami
Storyboard & Assistant director: Yūji Asada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Ah! Shame Takegami never writes good battles, though.

At this rate, Satoshi'll have all eight Gym badges by the end of this year. D: I wonder how the writers plan to kill the last two years until Generation VI? Anyway, trying to get back on topic...

How is it that Tranquil gets to be the gym battle 'star' yet Muku never got that honour? I mean, yeah, it got more fights in general and was better in pretty much every conceivable way, but-...wait. Just what am I complaining about again?

I guess the writers have something against the female gym leaders this time around (Aloe notwithstanding); she and Kamitsure have only appeared in two episodes apiece, whereas every other Gym Leader so far has appeared in at least three.

At least Fuuro's main Gym episode has Iwane animation...

Grave-E said:

Nah, this is BW - where Gym Leaders exist solely for the purpose of inevitably handing Ash their badges and get little, if any focus on their character to distinguish them from CotDs. What Skyla's getting (assuming this is her last episode) is on par for the course of the Unova Gym Leaders. DP this ain't; if Skyla got four episodes to feature in that would be astounding by today's standards. Who was it, just Clay and Chili who had anything done with their characters on the exposition/development deal so far? Even then, how many Unova Gym Leaders have lasted for at least 4 episodes (which was like the MINIMUM for Sinnoh's Gym Leaders besides Byron and Crasher Wake)? Even Skyla's pseudo-Maylene plot twist doesn't serve to make HER look engaging based on what we know.

But yeah, saw Unfezant vs Tranquill coming from a mile away. I'm not sure if the cliched fully evolved opponent vs its NFE counterpart is worse or better than pulling a Winona and making the Unfezant shiny; then again, thanks to massive gender differences, they wouldn't have had to resort to that anyway. Who's placing bets on whether or not Tranquill will evolve here? Cuz I kinda got a feeling this battle here will be the last time we'll hear from Ash's Tranquill in a long time (wouldn't be surprised if it didn't show up again until the League).

Sure, in retrospect I realize Staraptor getting denied a chance to star in a Sinnoh gym was not cool, but on the plus side Staraptor actually existed and did things now and then. And it was a total badass. The most "badass" thing we've seen from Tranquill so far is that it's immune to Snivy's Attract. ... Which was at the beginning of the series.

Unless the combatants have been revealed already, I'm calling Swadloon and Scraggy to be used here. That's how Ash likes to roll, right? And based on the last episode's premise, this seems to be another horribly misguided plot that's telling Ash to throw logic and proper planning out the window because no one EVER wins battles that way here in BW. The Clay thing was a fluke (and only partially a fluke given who starred in that battle).

Predictably, Hatoboh's gonna evolve in this battle. And, Masaaki Iwane animating's always a good thing.

Oh god, I sure this is not going to be yet another evolution during a gym battle. On the bight side though Iwane is animating.

Finally, Tranquill gets some well deserved screen time. I just like the species in general.

So Satoshi's most boring flying type EVER gets to battle Géraldine's Unfezant? Colour me surpirsed...well, not really.

In her first few episodes, pidove totally showed some personality... it's just that she wasn't used afterward at all, and that's what made her boring :/

Fuuro is my favourite gym leader this gen so I hope the writers will showcase her as an interesting character at least.

I think they will! She doesn't seem like the type that would go down without a good fight.

Well, Takegami did write the previous gym battle, so chances are that an evolution might very well take place here. Considering that Skyla's Unfezant is male and Ash will use his female Tranquill against it, more likely than not that Tranquill's situation in this gym battle will be just like all of the other pokemon that have been shafted in screentime over the course of this series.

I am also hoping that Pikachu isn't used here, either. It doesn't do the rest of his pokemon any good if Ash decides to send out his Pikachu once again, even if he has a type advantage over Flying-types. I am hoping that Boldore and Krokorok will be the other two choices, honestly. Both of them can use Rock-type attacks that are strong against Flying-types, while also having a type disadvantage against Swanna's Water-type attacks.

Well, Takegami did write the previous gym battle, so chances are that an evolution might very well take place here. Considering that Skyla's Unfezant is male and Ash will use his female Tranquill against it, more likely than not that Tranquill's situation in this gym battle will be just like all of the other pokemon that have been shafted in screentime over the course of this series.

I am also hoping that Pikachu isn't used here, either. It doesn't do the rest of his pokemon any good if Ash decides to send out his Pikachu once again, even if he has a type advantage over Flying-types. I am hoping that Boldore and Krokorok will be the other two choices, honestly. Both of them can use Rock-type attacks that are strong against Flying-types, while also having a type disadvantage against Swanna's Water-type attacks.

That's also the same writer for Elesa's gym battle, where no evolutions happened. So we'll have to wait and see.

I also wouldn't mind Boldore and or Krokorok, plus, who knows, Swanna might not use any Water type attacks, but I hope it does. Well, assuming she does have a Swanna/she uses it here.

I'm guessing Ash will lose this battle, as it'd be a bit soon for Ash to defeat Skyla in just the second Mistralton City episode. And I bet Ash's Tranquill will probably evolve in a Poke Ringer like Taillow and Staravia, and then Ash's Unfezant will defeat Skyla's Unfezant just like in Hoenn. I'd bet a million pounds that that'll happen.

But BW 69 has them on their way to Icirrus City already. So I think its safe to assume that Ash wins this battle.

I love that, according to the summary, Satoshi, two-time winner of a Pokéringer tournament and who defeated two Gym Leaders and 1 Frontier Brain in aerial battles, has doubts about them. -___-; Though, it's probably just that Fuuro messing with his head with her predictions. :p This episode sounds great, Iwane animating is always a plus and it just seems like Fuuro is gonna show a ton of personality so it'll be awesome. I'm also glad Hatoboh is getting used, and hopefully we'll see more of her. I think Satoshi has this in the bag.

One thing concerns me though, doesn't it seem like the summary is implying that Hatoboh v Kenhallow is the first match? If so, I could also see hatoboh evolving and winning, the croc winning against the bat and as much as I don't want it to, Pikachu finish off the swan.

I wonder how this battle turns out. You guys know what would be cool? Satoshi's Tranquil might evolve during the gym match!! That would be an awesome twist and something different in a saga where...who am I kidding...

It's only boring because it hasn't figured in the anime long enough for its personality to be developed. Tranquill could easily be more charismatic than the other birds but the fucking writers don't seem to know how to develop a flying-type's personality.

I actually wanted Satoshi to lose so we could have one more episode with her :-D

Oh jesus. If Hatoboh evolves, I can see it now...

Satoshi: Why are they different colors? :3c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom