• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW073: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only three battles in this one so the pacing and quality of them should definitely be better than the previous eps.

[video=youtube;qUznazBo3w0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUznazBo3w0&feature=g-all-u&context=G262046bFAAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Summary -
- Sawk does a few martial arts moves to get psyched up
- Stephan waves to the crowd and then makes a weird face to I think Masaomi
- Throh grabs Scraggy to get ready to Circle Throw him, and then uses Circle Throw
- Ash commands Scraggy to use an attack
- Scraggy headbutts Throh and barely leaves a scratch
- Bianca commands Emboar
- Emboar uses Hammer Arm
- Stephan commands Sawk to use Karate Chop
- Sawk Karate Chops Emboar on the arm / his side
- Emboar is hurt badly
- Throh grabs Sawk to try and use Seismic Toss
- Don George and Announcer's shocked faces
- Masaomi smirks and throws his hair back
- Stephan gets pumped up
- Sawk jumps and uses Karate Chop, Throh grabs and blocks it.
- Throh tries to grab Sawk, but Sawk squirms away
- Scraggy gets pumped and ready to use Leer on Throh
- Ash shows determined face.
- Masaomi looks down/unimpressed
- Throh gets pumped and says "bring it on" at Sawk
- Throh tries to grab Sawk, but Sawk is able to squirm away.

Last edited:
Preview looks awesome, I can't wait for the episode! Poor Scraggy, that headbutt looked like it didn't to anything against Throh.

looks like a pretty good episode!
normal moves Ash? Really?

I love Kenyan's expression at 9 seconds during that video XD I'm already excited for this episode. What ever happens I know it's going to be great.

Iwane's animation for this episode looks better than ever. Look at all the detail at Kenyan's muscle flex!

Have fun with the preview =D
10i7wj5.jpg

Summary -
- Sawk does a few martial arts moves to get psyched up
- Stephan waves to the crowd and then makes a weird face to I think Masaomi
- Throh grabs Scraggy to get ready to Circle Throw him, and then uses Circle Throw
- Ash commands Scraggy to use an attack
- Scraggy headbutts Throh and barely leaves a scratch
- Bianca commands Emboar
- Emboar uses Arm Thrust I think
- Stephan commands Sawk to use Karate Chop
- Sawk Karate Chops Emboar on the arm / his side
- Emboar is hurt badly
- Throh grabs Sawk to try and use Seismic Toss
- Don George and Announcer's shocked faces
- Masaomi smirks and throws his hair back
- Stephan gets pumped up
- Sawk jumps and uses Karate Chop, Throh grabs and blocks it.
- Throh tries to grab Sawk, but Sawk squirms away
- Scraggy gets pumped and ready to use Leer on Throh
- Ash shows determined face.
- Masaomi looks down/unimpressed
- Throh gets pumped and says "bring it on" at Sawk, but Sawk is able to squirm away.

1. It's Hammer Arm.
2. It also sort of looks like Stephan is cheering, maybe he does win.
3. I don't see how he is ready to use Leer.
4. I don't see how Masaomi is unimpressed, he just looks like he is getting ready and or he is being arrogant.
- Throh gets pumped and says "bring it on" at Sawk, but Sawk is able to squirm away.

Sawk isn't there when Throh tries to get Scraggy to attack.

My opinion of what happened in the preview.

What happened in the preview
- Sawk does some training on the field.
- Stephan is happy.
- Then he goes to serious face.
- Throh Circle Throw's Scraggy.
- Ash commands Scraggy.
- Scraggy Headbutt's Throh but it does nothing.
- Bianca commands Emboar.
- Emboar uses Hammer Arm.
- Stephan commands Sawk.
- Sawk uses Karate Chop on Emboar's left side and it hurts Emboar.
- Throh grabs Sawk's face and uses Seismic Toss.
- Don George and Takemitsu are shocked.
- Masaomi flips his hair.
- Stephan gets pumped/Is excited(maybe for winning?)
- Sawk uses Karate Chop but Throh catches it.
- Throh has Sawk in an arm lock, but Sawk breaks out(in mid air).
- Scraggy and Ash get ready.
- Masaomi and Sawk get ready.

Looks like some pretty powerful battle in the episode in my opinion, the Sawk VS. Throh one is actually sort of interesting me, hope Stephan wins.

Anime - Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! - Folge 073 – Filb.de

Masaomi definelty needs to be Ash's rival after this. He's awesome. Don't really care for the fighting on fighting Pokemon position scene.

The animation looks really nice!

The things Sawk and Throh do to one another during the battle do not :(

If they have a Bulk Up Off I am going to punch the screen

EDIT: On second thought, probably don't want the younger members googling that...

The animation looks really nice!
The things Sawk and Throh do to one another during the battle do not :(
If they have a Bulk Up Off I am going to punch the screen

Throh hasn't really been shown to be using Bulk Up, only Superpower. It would be interesting though if it is his 4th move and the both Bulk Up at the same time. As long as it isn't used over and over, that would be a neat thing to see happen at the beginning of the battle.

BW075-MoviePic.png

Although little Scraggy is going down, I hope he puts up a hell of a fight.

Although little Scraggy is going down, I hope he puts up a hell of a fight.

If we are going for believably, Excadrill couldn't get a single hit against Masaomi...Scraggy should be taken out even quicker.

Nah, like I've said in other threads, I think Scraggy might actually have an advantage since Throh's whole fighting style seems more suited for larger opponents.

And even though I expect Kenyan and Sawk to win, part of me wonders if they might have Masaomi end up schooling him, setting him up as a league rival since he'd have taken down Ash, Iris, and Kenyan.

Nah, like I've said in other threads, I think Scraggy might actually have an advantage since Throh's whole fighting style seems more suited for larger opponents.

It doesn't matter if he's suited for throwing big opponents. Scraggy somehow doing better than Excadrill would still feel jarring in terms of it's development. Scraggy defeated two lesser trainers, that's fine for now. Scraggy is still Ash's weakest Pokemon.

I rather them just get Scraggy out of the way, to spend more time on a more fulfilling final than we had last tournament.

If we are going for believably, Excadrill couldn't get a single hit against Masaomi...Scraggy should be taken out even quicker.

Two different Pokemon, two different fighting styles.

Plus Ash is sort of more important than Iris and Scraggy isn't that weak, so I think he should last longer.

It doesn't matter if he's suited for throwing big opponents. Scraggy somehow doing better than Excadrill would still feel jarring in terms of it's development. Scraggy defeated two lesser trainers, that's fine for now. Scraggy is still Ash's weakest Pokemon.

I rather them just get Scraggy out of the way, to spend more time on a more fulfilling final than we had last tournament.

Yes, being suited for beating big or even the same sized Pokemon would be a factor. Excadrill has been a good battler for ages, but they don't have the same moves and they don't fight the same. Plus Scraggy has grown a lot as a fighter.

Two different Pokemon, two different fighting styles.

Plus Ash is sort of more important than Iris and Scraggy isn't that weak, so I think he should last longer.

Ash being more important than Iris didn't stop her from beating him in the finals of that last tournament now did it?

That logic doesn't work anyway. Yes, they are different Pokemon but still Scraggy hasn't mastered one of its moves. Scraggy might have grown, but it's still nowhere near Throh in terms of power. His development is slow...matching Throh blow for blow would destroy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom