• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Post Restriction Mafia: Game Over - War Room Wins! [7.27]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aestivate

mientes
Reaction score
Post Restriction Mafia: The Tower of War Room vs. Aestivate's Angels​

350px-Brueghel-tower-of-babel.jpg

Storyline:

The War Room was once a peaceful place where exceptionally diligent thinkers and writers of Bulbagarden with a special knack for mind games could gather together and challenge each other in games of strategy.

Then, one day, the fire nation attacked the peace was disturbed. Suddenly the members of The War Room could not understand each other's speech!

From her throne high above The War Room, Aestivate laughed at the confused members.
They do not understand each other, so how could they advance their skill level? she thought with a smile. "Now they will believe that I am the greatest among them and they will be too incapacitated to play mind games against me." Her mirthless laughter rung throughout the night.

Her plan was foolproof, but just to make sure, she inserted her essence into some of the members of the War Room to carry out her plot. Even with their speech capabilities destroyed, the inhabitants of The War Room still were audacious to continue their Mafia games.

But Aestivate's Angels, carrying her will, were determined to convolute the War Room in her name forever...

But how can The War Room win against a foe that restricts its speech?

Only time will tell...

Disclaimer: Please read before you do anything else!

This game is not for the faint-hearted. If you believe the mechanics of the game are too difficult and that the post restriction you receive is too limiting and that I am probably trolling you all by hosting this game, you are probably 1000% correct. The mechanics are meant to be difficult. The restrictions are meant to be hard to follow. If you are not ready and willing to possibly tear your hair out, this is probably not the game for you. If you are ready to play in a very masochistic game in the face of a very sadistic host, by all means please sign up. :D

Rules and Guidelines​

• The GM reserves the right to change any rule that she feels will make the experience of the game more enjoyable and seamless.
  • Please, please, PLEASE follow your post restrictions! Yes, I know they're annoying and yes, I even know I probably would not have the patience to play in a game with this kind of mechanic, but I warned you ahead of time so please follow the rules.
  • This is a standard Mafia game. The 'town' side is The War Room and the 'mafia' side is Aestivate's Angels.
  • You must stay active. If you do not post at least once every four phase changes, you are in danger of being subbed out. If you have do not wish to continue, please inform me so that I may sub you out.
  • Each phase (day and night) will last approximately 24 hours. I have a very, very busy RL schedule so this is subject to change. Typically, however, you should expect a phase change every day at 12:00 am EST. Notice that this is a change from my previous mafia games, when the phase change occurred typically at 10:00 pm EST.
  • If you change your username, please let the host know!
  • Claiming of all sorts is allowed as long as you do so within your posting restriction.
  • You may not share your role PM with others (forwarding, screenshots, in-thread) and faking role PM's counts towards this rule as well. Otherwise, go crazy with what you wish to provide and what you can provide within the realms of your posting restriction.
  • If you are dead, you are allowed a total of one "farewell" post. Dead-talking kills the spirit of the game and is really quite annoying. Do not speculate or inform upon death. Depending on the severity of the breakage of this rule, you may very well find yourself unwelcome to play in games hosted by me any longer.
  • I want a forward of every single message. I want a link to every single QuickTopic. I will modkill anyone [with no exceptions] that I find hasn't forwarded me a PM/added me to the PM recipient list within the same phase. Please use things like IM and Skype sparingly.
  • Speaking of QuickTopics and PM's, you don't need to follow your post restriction in those. I considered making them necessary, but I feel like that's too mean. xD
  • Please format your vote/unvotes in the proper way! AKA, your vote and your unvote are not subject to posting restriction.
  • As this is a posting restriction mafia, there are consequences for breaking your post restriction:
    - 3 strikes Rule - you are allowed a total of three times in the entire game when you will be given a free pass for breaking your post restriction. Even so, every time you receive a warning, your ability will be locked for the next phase. Meaning, whether or not you have a passive or active ability, you will be a vanilla for that next phase. If you go beyond this number, you will get a modkill for your troubles. I will PM you properly per strike as to give you ample warning.

now if you have read the rules in their entirety, recommend a book to me in your sign-up post! aestivate needs book recommendations.

Players
1. @Soulmaster; || "Eitarou" || Lynched Day 9
2. @Zenax; || "Zenax || Killed Night 10
3. @Russia.; || "Hide in Plain Sight" || Lynched Day 3
4. @Skyla; || "Buoy" || Lynched Day 5
5. @Insanish Danish; || "Iteru" || Lynched Day 1
6. @jda95; || "Feralize/Baron Dante" || Lynched Day 8
7. @DrumBeats; || "FinalArcadia" || Killed Night 8
8. @Feralize; || "Mijzelffan" || Killed Night 2
9. @Mellowaffle; @Smasher 101; || "jda95" || Lynched Day 11
10. @Fresa;
11. @Hawkeye; || "J J M" || Killed Night 12
12. @HilbertCressLover;
13. @NfiNity; || "Mintaka" || KilledNight 13
14. @Umeko; || "Hurristat" || Lynched Day 14
15. @Luminosity; || "garrison-san" || Lynched Day 15
16. @Buoy; || "Hitomi" || Killed Day 11
17. @Croag; || "Drumbeats" || Lynched Day 7 || Revived Night 7
18. @acs1903; @Hitomi; || "Highway Unicorn" || Killed Night 6
19. @Mijzelffan; || "Ghost" || Killed Night 14
20. @Paperhorse; || "Musashi" || Killed Night 5
21. @Synthesis; || "Phoenicks" || Mod-killed Night 12
22. @Russia*; || "Hellion" || Killed Night 6
23. @Gym Leader Iris; || "Netto Azure" || Lynched Day 6
24. @The Puppetmaster; || "Sourcandy" || Killed Night 7
25. @Mintaka; || "Insanish Danish" || Lynched Day 13
26. @Parma; @Central African Republic*; || "Raynebow Dash" || Mod-killed Night 12
27. @Exor; || "CommanderPigg" || Killed Night 1
28. @Neonsands; @Tris79; || "ghaskan" || Lynched Day 12
29. @Joltik; || "Paperhorse" || Killed Night 11
30. @Hitomi; || "The Puppetmaster" || WON Day 2

Substitutes

Phase Updates

and lastly, i have to request that war room mods do not infract or warn for incoherent/unreadable post. because i have a feeling there will be a lot of those xD

Last edited:
Re: Post Restriction Mafia: Sign-ups Open! [6.23]

In!

Edit: To Kill a Mockingbird. Do I really have to say why?
@Green-sama;

Last edited:

I'll try it. xD

Edit: Clockwork Angel is a good book. @Green-sama;
(How did I miss something that small? .__.)

Last edited:

RULES READ THEM

In! (I think then the fire nation attacked is now a War room Meme like Vigiliphobia xD)

Edit: And Hunger Games or Unwind.

Last edited:

INNNNNNNNN~

Uhhh...The Fault In Our Stars READ IT AGAIN xD I haven't read anything good in a while so I just went with what I'm currently reading.

This looks hawt interesting.

sign me up

and may I just add that Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo is probably the best book I have ever read and I'd recommend it to anyone.

if you notice there are spaces next to numbers, it's because the person who wants that space did not follow the sign-up procedure.

read the rules, guys. read the rules.

Have you read The Princess Bride? Pretty cool book

In, although I like my hair so I won't be pulling it out. As for books, um, Eragon. It's the first part of my favorite book series.

In!

I recommend A Separate Peace if you haven't read it.

Okay, I'll join in. Although I am nervous. I suppose I'd recommend Harry Potter, since I don't really read much else.

This sounds terrible.

I'm in.

And I can't ever not recommend Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

I'm in :)

As for a book recommendation:
The Passage (1st book of a trilogy, the 2nd book is coming out this year)

Last edited:

me plz

Also, I refuse to recommend anything.

Oh I am so in! :>

I honestly uh, don't read books very often so I really don't have anything to recommend. I would have said To Kill A Mockingbird but that was taken first. :I So.. Lord of the Flies.

In.

The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley.

I'm in. I hope my post restriction isn't too unbearable.

Nineteen Eighty-Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom