• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

Well I'm currently training up my team to take on morty. My sixth spot is going to a filler right now until I get to the safari zone. I currently have

Growlithe- Lvl. 23
Pidgeotto- Lvl. 21
Flaffy- Lvl. 25
Croconaw- Lvl. 24
Hearcross- Lvl. 23.
Sudowoodo- Lvl. 20

Just beat Blue, now begins the long and arduous grind to Level 80 for all 5 of my Pokemon.

It's gonna be a looooooong week.

About to stop playing for the day. Trained a Gastly from Lv. 4 to a Lv. 40 Gengar.
Gengar (Lv. 45)
Pidgeotto (Lv. 32) (Fly, will be replaced for E4)
Ampharos (Lv. 40)
Scizor (Lv. 43)
Alakazam (Lv. 19) (Will be trained tomorrow)
Lapras (Lv. 41)

There's no need to replace Fly. It's a perfectly acceptable move to use. I found it quite useful against Koga and Bruno... and I had Togekiss with Hustle, so my accuracy was reduced.

Seth's Weavile had just got infected with Pokerus Dx

That's good!

Anyway, I'm waiting for someone with HG to get a Kyogre so I can catch Rayquaza. After that I'm back to working on Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. I still have a long way to go in that game. Although I might try to pick up a new game for the Wii, I've had my eye on Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers for a while and could also use a different kind of challenge from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Too bad nothing I currently have gives me much of a challenge, not even F-Zero X for the Virtual Console. I guess I might have to wait until Generation 5 comes out after everyone catches up in HGSS.

There's no need to replace Fly. It's a perfectly acceptable move to use. I found it quite useful against Koga and Bruno... and I had Togekiss with Hustle, so my accuracy was reduced.

I'm not replacing Fly, I'm just putting Pidgeotto away when it's time to try the E4 again.
My starter has to be put away when Pidgeotto is out.

I did a lot since last update: (my apologies for it being lengthy!)

HeartGold - Current Time: 39:10

- Soft-reset for a female Eevee at Bill's (it took like...TEN times, but I'm satisfied!). Named her Roxie.
- Just realized that Voltorb Flip is highly addictive. 1286 coins so far - aiming to get a Dratini.
- Ngh... Morty gave me trouble. Him and that Gengar of his. Still, I am glad I kept Foresight on Furret. Still, was a WIN battle.
- Just got the fifth Badge from Chuck yesterday morning... after some underleveled skills, sheer luck and SAVING. Still, I can fly now and it makes me happy.
- Encountered both Raikou (thrice? Flaaffy Paralyzed it too.) and Entei (only once) already...It's weird how my Pokemon actually can hit them first... anyone else notice this?
- I can't win a Bug-Catching contest even if my life depended on it.
- Berry Pots are love. Grew tons of Oran Berries over three days. Boy did it help with that (greedy sick) Miltank.
- ...currently stuck with the problem in Olivine Lighthouse. Y so difficult to get to, Jasmine? D8
- Breeding Eevee eggs with Roxie and my Ditto. Not sure how I got a female already, but shoot, I'll take it.
- ...I'm starting to hate dislike that Joey guy with a passion. I really don't care about your "super-cool" Rattata. No one does.

Current Team:
Jenni (F Eevee - hatched; hopefully an Umbreon in a couple of days) Lv.11
Lyra (F Quilava) Lv.25
Tonfa (F Flaaffy) Lv.26
Norah (F Furret) Lv.23
Shelie (F Crobat) Lv.27
Shuckie (M Shuckle - from that dude in Cianwood) Lv.20

Substitute the Shuckle for Saba (Togetic) Lv. 23, and that's my actual team for most things. I probably should train that Wooper I caught with the Pokewalker for a good Ground-type. Although I have been doing just fine with my team thus far...

Pokewalker: Currently my Growlithe (Heath) is strolling. I plan to get a lot of Watts and steps in today!

More to come soon!

Fly is hilarious.

Last night I catch a trainer running 20-29 rock and fighting, so for fun I run some of my support guys. Beedrill gets busted up by two Graveller Earthquakes, so I switch to my stolen Kenya and use Fly to dodge. Graveller self-destructs, gets replaced by Machop, and he gets KO's when Kenya comes down.

Level 38 on all pokemon, going through Victory road to the E4. I am going to have to grind for a while. But crap. PAX is coming too soon and I don't have a team ready for that.

SS

Sweeping my way through the E4. Jasper OHKOd all of Wills pokemon. Orisis is taking on Koga with Extrasensory.

Team;
Jasper the Mismagius lv. 46
Orisis the Ninetales lv. 45
Aquos the Feraligatr lv. 45
Ruka the Skarmory lv. 45
Volt the Jolteon lv. 45

I'm still only at three badges, mainly because I spent alot of time playing around in the Pokeathelon and training up my new Eevee. I have also been doing a fairly large bit of Pokewalking, and have a good share of Wats. I keep spending them on the itemfinder and pokeradar though, so the courses still will take some time to unlock. I'm most excited about the post elite four ones though. I'd also like to add that even though most people seem to hate them for removing the slots, the voltorb flip is a fun game. I seem to have better luck at it than I ever did with the slots.

-Defeated Clair during Spring Break, and received a Dratini with ExtremeSpeed from Old Master guy.
-Ethan wouldn't let me go on through, telling me the Kimono girls wanted to see me. So, I flew to Ecruteak and battled them. Then, they wanted me to go to Whirl Islands, I really didn't want to fight Lugia so soon...
-Then somewhere around 10pm last night I decided to go and get it over with. My first try against Lugia was a disaster!! I soft-reset the game and on my 2nd try I got him! Lugia was in the caution area and paralyzed, and with Struggle he got to the red zone. I wasted all my Ultra balls, and Heavy balls, but when I thought it was hopeless. I threw a Great ball and I caught him!! (Reminds me of how I caught Mewtwo.)
-Came back from a lovely stroll with Amphy. We found Potions, Oran berries, and Awakenings. Pidgeys keep running from us... :(
-Now ev training Mismagius, and Swablu!

Charm's Elite 4 challenge went so much easier than Sketch's. Despite being the lowest on the team, Noctowl still managed to beat Bruno.

Charm's final team:

Feraligatr Level 50
Miltank Level 43
Arcanine Level 50
Gliscor Level 48
Noctowl Level 39
Umbreon Level 50

Charm.png

Stuck on Clair. I think it's more in my head than an overall weakness. Regardless I've decided to go all out getting their levels up. Would really like to avoid evolving if I can for reasons I don't even understand hehe.

My Main Team

L37 Staryu w/Blizzard
L34 Doduo
L36 Nidorino
L36 Chikorita
L37 Flaffy
L35 Vulpix

The 2 I grabbed to make Clair easier, kind of meh because Jinx type wise is better but I loathe it

L32 Jynx
L36 Swinub

Almost ready to challenge the Elite Four again.
Alakazam (Lv. 37)
Ampharos (Lv. 40)
Scizor (Lv. 43)
Gengar (Lv. 45)
Lapras (Lv. 41)
Meganium (Lv. 40)

16 badges. Got too start training against the E4. After I beat them, it's legendary hunting time.

I would strongly suggest going with Umbreon as it is a Dark-type. It is the only real good Dark-type Pokemon that you can get before the Elite Four. With some good Dark-type moves, Umbreon should be able to take Will of the Elite 4 with no problem as most of Will's Pokemon are Psychic-type.

Yeah, I'm trying to hatch one of my Eevee eggs right now so that I can get the Umbreon. I want to start getting that friendship raised early so it evolves before lvl 15 when Umbreon would learn Pursuit. Nice to know it'll be my powerhouse against Will.

That's good to hear that at least someone likes the Voltorb Flip. I have yet to try it out myself though.

I like how similar it is to Minesweeper and how it takes a little more thinking. With the slots or other gambling games, I found those hard to get into because there was too much luck. In all the games with the game corner, I'd get the case and some coins then play a little bit, but never after that.

Also, with Voltorb Flip, I don't lose coins. :] So when you start getting up in the higher levels that are harder, you only lose coins you earned that round. It costs nothing to play, so I was able to save up the coins a lot faster to get that Dratini. I've never been a big gambler, so the Voltorb Flip is a great compromise. I'm really hoping they decide to put it in the 5th generation. Maybe they'll put both that game and the slots back. That way those who enjoy the slots can play them. But then those of us who don't like that crazy gambling stuff but still want to get those TMs or rare pokemon can play it.

Yay.

Haven't played much since. Made it to Olivine, met the sick Amphy and most of my pokemon (except Quagsire who is soon to become a HM slave) are over lvl 25.

Also wasted all my Oran Berries on Miltank. Heh. I just sat there feeding it berries till I ran out. And it's still sick. And then I realize that I didn't have any growing and that I can't go pick out berries. So I don't think I'll be able to heal that Miltank for a while.
(Psst. Do I have to wait for my mother to send me Oran berries? rats. Good thing it's only got a seal case waiting for me. Or I might go waste some of uh...my "hard-earned" watts on the dowsing machine to get some berries from the walker.)

School's putting a damper on my pokemon time.

Just beat Team Rocket at the radio tower. My team right now is:

Dodrio lvl 33
Furret lvl 33
Vaporeon lvl 34
Typhlosion lvl 36
Raichu lvl 38

I still need to get my sixth pokemon. I would like to progress further in my journey, but my fiance, who doesn't even like pokemon, is addicted to the voltorb flip game. On the one hand, this is nice because of all the coins he wins for me. On the other hand, I'd really like my DS back. Any day now...

my new Eevee
Which way are you going to go with it? I checked the stats and the one Bill gave me was heavy on both attack figures, so I decided to pass on the sweeper Espeon or tank Umbreon and settled on combat Vaporeon. I had no (useful) water at all because almost all the wild water pokemon are ugly except Gyrados and was using a walker Goldeen as a surfboard. Just when I needed it (I was looking up how to find a water stone) the guy at the waterfront calls me up and says he's got a water stone for me. Great timing! So I rubbed it against my Eevee, popped the three water TM discs into his upgrade slot, hung that water-boosting amulet from his collar, and now I just have to do something about his being Lv7 amongst my 30-55 guys.

Voltorb Flip is awesome. Easy, but awesome. MUCH better than any of the minigames I've seen in pretty much any game. Does it max out at Lv7? I thought I won two after it went to 7 and I don't remember an 8. Anyway, my only complaint is that marking is really slow. All I need is one mark type, and I should be able to mark by row. There's almost no reason to mark a single card, because when you would you're either just not done solving it, or you're up against a 50/50 and marking won't make a difference.

Since my walker Dratinis. Dratinia. Blue eels all had junk stats, maybe I'll just VOF my way to a good one.

I just beat Lance.
Team:
Ampharos (Lv. 41)
Scizor (Lv. 45)
Gengar (Lv. 48)
Lapras (Lv. 45)
Meganium (Lv. 44)
Alakazam (Lv. 45)
k2nwoo.png

BROUGHT TO YOU BY IPOD NANO, LOL.

Well, I'm glad to see that people are catching up. A word of advice: if you have a competitive team, transfer it over to HG or SS when you reach Mt. Silver. If Red was able to give me a hard time even after that (not really, but he took out two of my pokemon during the battle, which has never happened in-game before), you will need as much of an advantage as you can get (which still won't be enough for a single pokemon sweep).

Back
Top Bottom