• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

I haven't tried the Voltorb flip yet. The Pokéathlon on the other side... They could hrelease it as a separate game and I'd buy it. It's that addictive. Now that I have the 16 badges, I'm gonna spend the rest of the week playing it.

Going for a complete trophy set? :D

That's actually one of the few goals I have left to do in my JP SS. My list is as follows:

1. Fill the dex completely
2. Collect all Legendaries
and 3. Get complete trophy set for the Pokéthlons

Yep! My list is:
1. Get Shining leaves (for all 5 Pokémon in my party)
2. Complete trophy set.
3. Beat Red
4. Complete National Pokédex

Dex goes to the end 'cause I almost completed it once in Diamond (only missed the events) and because it takes ages. I can't understand why you put it at the start of your list.

Yep! My list is:
1. Get Shining leaves (for all 5 Pokémon in my party)
2. Complete trophy set.
3. Beat Red
4. Complete National Pokédex

Dex goes to the end 'cause I almost completed it once in Diamond (only missed the events) and because it takes ages. I can't understand why you put it at the start of your list.

Cause Kanto is done and Johto is mostly done, just missing a few. Hoenn I have all the basics for lying around, just need to evolve and dex them (won't take long with gym rematches), and Sinnoh shouldn't take TOO long either, once I sit down and start. Legendaries will get half-done at the same time (will just be missing a few events (and celebi aurgh) which I expect to pick off Ranger 3 when it comes state side). Pokéthlons are time killers until gen5/ranger 3 US. :p I've already beaten Red uh... twice... so yeah... I've finished most of what's to do in HGSS on my JP SS. My dex is, like, 3/4th full so, yeah. There's not much left to fill at this point. xD

Plus, motivation is go, so don't want to let that motivation fly away while it's here to do the pokéthlons. xD

I won with a Weedle just a bit ago. Level 18, all health in tact. I threw the ball at it as soon as it came up and caught it. Won the Sun Stone. (I wanted a water stone...but just found out I can't obtain the water stone yet). Maybe try doing it that way? The higher the level and HP left the better. My Weedle had actually beat out a Pinsir and...a...Butterfree? I think? He'll be released in the morning, already have a Weedle.

Hmm, I was going for a high-leveled bug too. It was at Lv.15, I think... but yeah, I got it to about half-HP before I caught it. I'll try that out on Thursday's contest... Thanks for the tips! Hopefully I can get lucky with some bugs~

I finally just arrived in Olivine City. I just finished defeating the Pokefan on Route 39 that says,"Let's talk about Pikachu, Slowpoke, Tentacruel and other Pokémon!". He kind of scared me a bit.

My current team is a bit overleveled.
Nidoking, level 43
Heracross, level 43 [Nickname: Sky]
Quilava, level 43 [Nickname: Magna]
Lapras, level 38
Pinsir, level 14 [Current HM Pokémon]
Umbreon, level 43

Today I finally got my first call from Bug Catcher Wade and he gave me a few Berries. I also came across the roaming Raikou once again, I am just going to hold off on catching him though. The guide that I am following told me to plant some Oran Berries which I happened to come into use today. I gave the Sick Miltank on Moomoo Farm seven Oran Berries and got the Seal Case along with a couple of Seals.

That's about it for now. Next Gym is Chuck of Cianwood City I believe.

Cause Kanto is done and Johto is mostly done, just missing a few. Hoenn I have all the basics for lying around, just need to evolve and dex them (won't take long with gym rematches), and Sinnoh shouldn't take TOO long either, once I sit down and start. Legendaries will get half-done at the same time (will just be missing a few events (and celebi aurgh) which I expect to pick off Ranger 3 when it comes state side). Pokéthlons are time killers until gen5/ranger 3 US. :p I've already beaten Red uh... twice... so yeah... I've finished most of what's to do in HGSS on my JP SS. My dex is, like, 3/4th full so, yeah. There's not much left to fill at this point. xD

Plus, motivation is go, so don't want to let that motivation fly away while it's here to do the pokéthlons. xD

Well, if I had two DS's, Sinnoh would take me an hour at much. But since that not the case... Maybe I'll just complete the first 3 generations' dex. I just reached my 100th Poké this afternoon, so yeah...

My current team is a bit overleveled.
Nidoking, level 43
Heracross, level 43 [Nickname: Sky]
Quilava, level 43 [Nickname: Magna]
Lapras, level 38
Pinsir, level 14 [Current HM Pokémon]
Umbreon, level 43

Going for the fifth badge, you are extremely overlevelled... or I am extremely underlevel, as I've been doing my best to hold my team back XD 6 badges and I have;

Bayleef [Orion] level 26
Ariados [Anakaris] level 25
Flaffy [Jupiter] level 26
Slowking [Mercury] level 25
Sudowoodo [Imakuna, temporary member] level 25
Ambipom [Kindo, also temporary] level 32

It looks like my Ambipom is my main powerhouse, but I have yet to use it in a gym match at all. In fact, it's my HM/headbutt guy, I just power levelled him against the trainers in the water between Olivine/Cianwood XD [Powerlevelled him for the evolution, of course]

Stuck on Kimono girls. Good grief they're tough. Still training everyone up. Shooting for lvl 40.

Going for the fifth badge, you are extremely overlevelled... or I am extremely underlevel, as I've been doing my best to hold my team back XD 6 badges and I have;

No you're about right. >_> they're very over leveled. Low-/Mid-40s is about right for the elite four. I forget my levels around 6 badges, but your team looks about right levels so yeah. Maybe a bit under, but not too much.

I should totally be working on my classwork and not pokémon though lol. My goal for today is to go get all the gym leader phone numbers though. (after I finish my to-do list) xD Tomorrow I'll prolly be playing a lot cause it's animoo club day and like half the club will have HG or SS and we can all play stuff together.

I'm currently fighting the Elite Four. I managed to beat everyone on the first try, but I'm stuck on Lance and his Dragonites. I probably should have leveled up my pokemon a lot more. My team right now is:

Furret lvl 38
Dodrio lvl 40
Typhlosion lvl 40
Vaporeon lvl 40
Raichu lvl 49
Dratini lvl 15 (Waterfall slave ;_; I should have replaced it with Ho-oh)

I've made leaps and bounds in HeartGold since I last posted here. I'm past Azalea Town and the Ilex Forest and I'm now preparing for Whitney. Everyone says she's an even bigger headache here than she was in the original Gold and Silver, so I want to make sure I've got plenty of Fighting types at the ready. Caught a Heracross in Azalea, and I'm pumping it up to level 19 so it'll learn Brick Break. Also, I bred a Mankey in my Diamond game and traded the egg over; once it hatches, I'll do the same thing with Machop. Three super-effective Pokémon ought to keep me covered.

Everyone's evolving now! I have Quilava, Flaaffy, Skiploom, Noctowl, Pidgeotto, Togetic...I'm especially proud of Togetic, 'cause Togepi had Extrasensory as an egg move, and it came in handy against the Azalea Town rival battle. A Normal Pokémon with a Psychic attack - his Gastly didn't stand a chance!

I beat the elite 4 and now in Kanto. Though, I need to take a bit of a break because of cons.

I'm battling the elite 4 for the second time. I have 4 kanto badges(Misty, LT. Sarge, Koga's daughter who's name escapes me,and Sabrina) and I just caught Entei(on water, which I don't understand... at all) I am trying to train my level 32 Pikachu which always faints and even if it does a super effective attack on a pokemon it does barely anything. I have over 150 pokemon(I forget exactly how many) I really need to find my Pearl version... it has lots of pokemon on it that I could really use.
Pokemon in my Party(somewhat overleveled)
Pikachu(boy)- 32
Wigglytuff(boy)-40
Vaporeon(boy)-44
Umbreon(Boy)- 80
Lugia(genderless)- 87
Feraligatr(boy)- 94

well i back tracked last night to Goldenrod to pick up the eevee from Bill. This thing is getting on my nerves right now. I have been training this thing all day today and I cant get enough happiness to evolve it into espeon. Any suggestions onwhat I can do?

well i back tracked last night to Goldenrod to pick up the eevee from Bill. This thing is getting on my nerves right now. I have been training this thing all day today and I cant get enough happiness to evolve it into espeon. Any suggestions onwhat I can do?
have you tried giving it a soothe bell? That seemed to work pretty well. Also, you should give it haricuts every day if possible.

I guess maybe keep it in the pokewalker for a while? Mine seems to be getting happier that way.

Haircuts. Give it a haircut. Also feed it some Vitamins. If you don't think any of the stats are high enough for Espeon, buy a vitamin.
Since your Eevee was obtained from Bill, it starts with 70 Happiness. It needs 220 to evolve. If you're able to get some Eevee eggs though, when they hatch, the Eevee would have 120 happiness points.

You also don't need to keep putting it in battle to get it to evolve. Maybe train some of your other pokemon and keep it in your party. Walking 256 steps will give it one point (or is it 255?) of happiness.

It might not evolve in one day. Could take a few days of training. Just make sure you don't get it past level 15 cause at level 15 (or 14?) it learns its first psychic move.

Just make sure it evolves during the day, not at night. I was going for an Umbreon and it almost evolved last night after 7. Nighttime doesn't start till 8...woo.

Just got my GB Sounds and met Steven Stone who talked me about Latios. Now I' think I'll chase the legendaries, hope it doesnt' drag me on for too long.

BTW, it was nice that when you receive the item, the sound designer tells you you're playing a remake of a classic Game Boy game. Nicest way of breaking the fourth wall.

Edit: Caught Suicune, with my fisrt Ultra Ball. I nicknamed it Eusine. Eusine's departure was a bit meh (I expected him to challenge me before fighting the Poké or at least saying something emotional after you catch it; insted he only says "You're amazin. Farewell") Not bad, just meh.

Last edited:

Yes, I guess that could explain why it has taken me so long to get to the fifth gym. I like the nicknames of your Pokemon by the way, the Roman Gods are a good fit for them.

I just beat Chuck in the Cianwood City Gym and got the Fly HM which sure is nice to finally have. Xatu pretty much took out Chuck's gym with no problem, as I had to level up enough so it finally learned Psychic.

My current team is a bit overleveled, so I guess I should probably hold off on training some more.
Xatu, level 48
Heracross, level 43 [Sky]
Lapras, level 38
Quilava, level 43 [Magna]
Nidoking, level 46
Pinsir, level 14 [HM Pokémon]

Since I couldn't find the Poké Mart in Cianwood City, when I finally got to a town with one I received a Moon Stone, Occa Berries, Coba Berries, and Tanga Berries. I really would have liked the Moon Stone a bit earlier, but I guess it can be saved for later.

Off to Olivine Gym! I heard that Jasmine does not have any Trainers in her Gym so it will be interesting to see.

Since I couldn't find the Poké Mart in Cianwood City, when I finally got to a town with one I received a Moon Stone, Occa Berries, Coba Berries, and Tanga Berries. I really would have liked the Moon Stone a bit earlier, but I guess it can be saved for later.

Cianwood has never had a pokémart. :p There's that building that will give you the medicine for amphy (which btw you need to get jasmine into her gym), but no official pokémart.

Back
Top Bottom