• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

I always thought the girl team with Will was The Magician and his lovely assistants.
That definitely would make sense. Either that or will has a love for feminine Pokemon. That still doesn't explain why Bugsy has a Female Scyther, Metapod, and Kakuna though as in the original games his Gym team was all male.

Got my National Pokedex from Professor Oak. I am going to go see if the Battle Frontier is open now.

The only dude left on my team is a Vaporeon, plus indeterminate Ho-oh.

I just made it to Red. My pokemon are all between level 50-65. I was cocky, and I was like 'whatever man I have a Marowak, I'm about to tear that Pikachu up with my Bonemerang'

Well, I did make Pikachu faint. But that's all. x_x He totally murdered my team.

Soooo, I guess I'll be grinding now.

Marowak lvl 50
Snorlax lvl 52
Typhlosion lvl 54
Vaporeon lvl 55
Dodrio lvl 55
Raichu lvl 65

So, I did a few more things yesterday. I left Goldenrod and went happily to the national park. There, I participated in the bug catching contest, which I won with a female Butterfree. Then, I tried the Pokéathlon, and no need to say I lost. I pwned the NPCs on one of the JUMP events (that one of the disk catching) but I was pwned in the rest, especially that one with a colourful thing your Pokés use to jump. iSlave (Furret) rulled the jumping race, but the others didn't do so well, with Chombek (Croconaw) arriving last :\

Then, I finally arrived at Ecruteak. I must say I love the general feel of the city. I saved one of the Kimono girls, a boy got pissed at me because he wanted to be the hero and I went to the Burning Tower.

I kicked SILVER's butt and now I'm going to play again. I think I have to get strength somewhere...

And the battle team (Noctowl, Croconaw, Machop and Gastly) are all between level 21 and 22. iSlave still at 15, like always.

After all, I didn't need strength. I released the beasts (so early? I thought they'd be released later... oh well).

I caught a tauros, luckily I didn't have to search much. Put it on the daycare and went try to make Aprijuice after I found where the machine to make it was xD

Then, made a round up to catch some Apricorns and get more steps to power Tauros (now nicknamed Touro). After that, I made my way to Cianwood, doing the Olivine businesses as well, beating every trainer and most wild Pokémon on the way.

I went to the gym, beat the trainers here and Chuck. My first against HackLeader battle. Primeape was easy, but Poliwrath! That thing's Hypnosis kept hitting, and it could use its Focus Punch strategy easily. Fortunately, with 2 revives, a curse and lots of potions I managed to struggle with the help of Rei (Haunter).

After that barely won victory, I picked up Tauros and went to the lighthouse, so I could save Amphy. Mission accomplish, I receive a call saying the Safari Zone is done. I made my way there, again battling everything I could to give Touro some more levels. I arrived there, experimented the Zone and caught the Geodude the guy asked.

Now, I'm griding my team to lvl 32 (maybe 34 if my patience doesn't get burnt).

Current lvls are 29 for all but Rei, who's at level 30, and HM Slave, who's at lvl 16.

I just beat Chuck yesterday. He was honestly the easiest gym leader out of the ones I have fought up untill now. The one trainer in his gym with the hitmonchan was harder than him. I'm glad to have fly now though. It makes it easier to get to all of the daily events.

I did spend alot of time in the Pokeathalon this weekend. It is sooooo fun. I like it more than contests, and I really was a big fan of them. I like the fact that almost any pokemon can be used without any training or preperation. Its more about choosing the right team, and having good juice.

After a hardcore grind session last night (bringing my current team up to 47 at the lowest), I defeated the Elite 4 in one shot!

It wasn't easy, but I somehow managed to stock up on enough Revives and Full Restores beforehand to help me out.

Lance's Dragonite's Outrage, though...in a word, OUCH. OHKOd several of my Pokemon. Had to sacrificed my Ampharos in the name of using Flash, which wasn't that easy since all of his Dragonite have Thunder Wave. Y'know, you'd think Electric-types would be immune to paralysis like Steel-types are to poison...

Currently training in the routes outside Ecruteak. I've decided to use and train more Pokemon that I never normally use to make things a bit more interesting. I'm levelling up an Oddish and a Growlithe at the moment and I'll probably end up changing Flaaffy/Amphoros for something else later on too. I might go with a different flying type other than Pidgeot but I don't know what yet.

I'm loving this game!

I am currently training for the elite four also trying to catch a bug and grass pokemons and trying to hatch a growlithe egg

It's been too long....

- FINALLY. I beat both Jasmine and Pryce in an hour two days ago. Ah, good times. Jasmine was a tough battle, while Pryce was quite the opposite. Heh, I enjoyed the puzzles in that icy gym. Then it's off to face off against Team Rocket... (Goldenrod, of course)
- I think those tips on the Bug-Catching Contest paid off... because I won FIRST twice last week (Thursday and Saturday). Thanks so much, you guys!
- Got an Umbreon (Cyrus... yes, I just had to!) and he's spending loads of time in the Daycare with Espy (Jenni)... <3 Yay for Eevee Eggs.
- And most of my team has one or more Shiny Leaves right now. Awesome fun.
- Currently... working on stopping Team Rocket in the underground. That counts as training, right? The Exp. Share really helps. Working on getting my gals (and guy) up to Lv.35 if possible.

Current Team: (all female unless mentioned otherwise)
Heath (Growlithe, male)- Lv.23
Lyra (Quilava)- Lv.30
Norah (Furret)- Lv.26
Shelie (Crobat)- Lv.30
Tonfa (Flaaffy)- Lv.29
Saba (Togetic)- Lv.31

Pokewalker Stuff:
- Had a random Hoothoot to join me once. I would've preferred a Murkrow, but meh...
- Caught a couple of Ponyta, both were female. Made me happy.

...and now back to bustin' some Rokkets. Later~!

That definitely would make sense. Either that or will has a love for feminine Pokemon. That still doesn't explain why Bugsy has a Female Scyther, Metapod, and Kakuna though as in the original games his Gym team was all male.

That is because Tsukushi/Bugsy is a reverse-trap. ;D

I got all 16 badges, it's now time to start training to battle Red.

Team:
Ampharos (Lv. 50)
Lapras (Lv. 53)
Gengar (Lv. 54)
Scizor (Lv. 51) (Might be replaced)
[2 new pokemon needed]

I've got 10 badges now, including Thunder and Marsh. I'm on Route 8 at the moment. My team:

Meganium (Lv.48)
Pidgeot (Lv.48)
Quagsire (Lv.48)
Machamp (Lv.48)
Ho-Oh (Lv.47)
{Lugia will be added once I get the Silver Wing in Pewter City)

Defeated Jasmine in an extremely tough battle. Currently training.
Team:
Cindy lv. 30
Togekiss lv. 33
Sandslash lv. 22
Pineco lv. 20
Flaafy lv. 27
Slowpoke lv. 20

EDIT: Chuck went down easy with Togekiss's Extrasensory (Did I forget to mention that Togepi hatched as a female on my first try?)

This morning I added the Gym Leaders to my cell phone and battled Pryce, but he's such a bastard! My Pokémon are like 5 levels above his and he still beats me (I've tried like 8 times today), thanks to his Mamoswine Double Teaming. NONE OF MY ATTACKS HIT IT! So my Pokés die because of hail, and that's all: it doesn't hit me, I don't hit it, I just die out of cold. Not to mention it carries a berry and the few times it does attack, its a critical. That's so unfair!

Last edited:

Just restarted, got a female Chikorita called Leaf.
Now on my way back to the lab after meeting with Mr. Pokemon. Leaf levelled up to level 9 :)

currently:
electrive (electivire) lvl 67
herby (meganium) lvl 66
slowqueen (slowking) lvl 68
bonzo (sudowoodo) lvl 66
crawley (fearow) lvl 66
malibu (jynx) lvl 66

defeated red and bored!

Currently at Seafoam Islands. My whole team is at level 57.
I'm taking in the sights of Kanto and challenging gyms randomly. So far I've beaten Erika, Sabrina, Brock and Blaine in that order.

Did a bit of trading, breeding and levelling, now I have two new members to the team :D. Beat Whitney using only the new additions, despite massive haxx from Miltank.. so many Flinches. About to try out some Pokeathlon, my team is:

Ignis (Houndour) Lvl. 22
Offler (Croconaw - with Aqua Jet :D ) Lvl. 22
Gaia (Chikorita) - Lvl. 22
Alexandria (Flaaffy) - Lvl. 22
Simples (Furret - HM Slave) Lvl. 16

Caught a Hoothoot and named it Dusk. On my way to Violet city now :)

Haha, best part so far in the game. I just happen to have like 4 heavy balls and only needed 2 to catch snorlax. then i went and put him in my party and now he is chasing me around. Hilarious how he looks all chubby like...

Back
Top Bottom